Arrests and Crime stats?

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Barbie wrote:You should be alright around the Queers, Queens, Freaks, Geeks, & Drug Addicts...

BUT I tell YOU Hide from those darn Canadians....
:lol: Kidsville was practically crawling with them. :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:17 pm

jkisha wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:
Green Wood wrote:There are queers at BM

It's really true
I always got along fine with queers.. its the queens I can't stand. Funny how one letter can change an entire personality.
Besides an "R" and an "N"; what's the difference between a queer and a queen?

JK
This picture has one of each.. try guessing which is which.

Barbie wrote:You should be alright around the Queers, Queens, Freaks, Geeks, & Drug Addicts...

BUT I tell YOU Hide from those darn Canadians....
Especially when they show up with large stone dildoes.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:32 am

So anyone have any real stats? I am just curious.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Check the Reno papers.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:09 am

mdmf007 wrote:So anyone have any real stats? I am just curious.
I remember reading somthing concerning 07 and seeing something about less charges and alot less really naughty stuff. Can't remeber where the hell I read it.. ORG, BLM? Maybe a report from one of the ORG lists? Either way I do recall that mostly they are nailing potheads passing pipes back and forth, drug dealers, and dui/dwi with the rare rape and assault case and there was that one arsonist that got caught in 07.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Toolmaker wrote:[quote="mdmf007"

that one arsonist that got caught in 07.
you mean:

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:39 pm

ygmir wrote:

you mean:

Thats an old pic of him.. he got uglier from years of drug abuse.

I hear he got a hold of some kool aid in jail and made some makeup and is planning his next fiasco.

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:47 pm

ygmir wrote:

you mean:

Thats Tiny Tim and he has been pushing up Tulips since November 30, 1996. He died doing what he loved, playing the ukulele.

[youtube][/youtube]
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Igneouss
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Igneouss » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Observations:

I once saw some real stats compliled from the various agencies that police BM and surrounding areas. Of course I can't find it now... But I remember the number of actual citations/arrests being less than 100 which is very small in my opinion. That alone tells me that the LEOs are being tolerant.

All the same laws apply at BM as elsewhere. BM is not intended to be some sort of drug tolerant utopia. If you wouldn't do it openly in Reno then don't do it openly at BM.

I don't care if you agree with the laws or not. That is not the point. The LEOs are doing their job, like it or not.

There's lots of good advice on the net for those that want privacy. Visual audible or olfactory evidence is sufficient for LEOs to move into action. SO don't sit in the dark and say "dude, pass the doobie" while having no idea who is down wind.

LEOs use night vision technology at BM.

A bigger issue is the LEOs on the roads near BM. Don't speed and don't do stuff in your car. That is just begging to be arrested.

LEOs are interested in underage drinking too. Keep that in mind when the little cuties asks for a drink.

LEOs nailed people who entered BM and immediately popped a beer open as they drove in.

Black Rock City LLC as no choice. SUpplying LE is mandated.

From what I have read, BRC LLC does make a reasonable effort to encourage 'rational' policing. From second hand reports I believe that the LEOs are fairly reasonable. Lots of people walk with warnings, etc.

LEOs have helped with the ejection of violent people. Few would say this is not good.

Complaints of rape are all too common at BM. The LEOs help with this also. This is also generally a good thing.

In short I'd say that if you want to use a bunch of drugs you'd be better off in your own home. Safer certainly. If you want to use drugs at BM then the onus s on you. The risk is yours. Being at BM does not afford any particular additional safety from the law.

Sadly, I'd guess that only a small fraction of Burners read up on this subject prior to attending. SO the LEOs will continue to have easy pickings.

Cheers from someone that doesn't need drugs.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Igneouss wrote: Sadly, I'd guess that only a small fraction of Burners read up on this subject prior to attending. SO the LEOs will continue to have easy pickings.
There's a reason it's called the stupid tax.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:33 pm

wedeliver wrote:
ygmir wrote:

Thats Tiny Tim and he has been pushing up Tulips since November 30, 1996. He died doing what he loved, playing the ukulele.
How does a Ukelele kill?

curiousgnate

Post by curiousgnate » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 am

ok so i was gonna try and read this whole thread and only made it to page 2. then I skipped gayly to the end. tiny tim both scares me and intrigues me. i have not in my three years of bm had a problem with le. that said some of the stories i am hearing are not good. I would however like to say that going to a giant dome and seeing hundreds upon hundreds of kids on multiple pills with their eyes rolling back in their heads blowing vicks into their eyes, thinking they are cool, is not good either. I used to be a raver back in the 90's. I know its fun to party, but I have learned that its not the drugs that make the party, its the people. Some people are cool when they are on drugs, and some aren't. I don't do drugs anymore, except the ocassional puff. I have done more then my share and everyone elses. I go to burning man to meet cool creative people who are having a great time and sharing great energy. quiet frankly I could do without the mega giant clubs with super fucked up people crammed together so tight they can't even dance. so i don't go to them. If the cops are busting people there then fine with me. they are on tons of drugs and maybe they need a wake up call. I won't be there. I'll be at the great small funk bar on the esplanade getting my groove on. undercover cops suck. they need to stay away from my favorite small funk bar on the esplanade. entrapment is real and undercovers are out there, know this and you will be ok. If you aren't and you were legitimately fucked with, then you have a community to back you up. buck up get your goove on and have fun. be smart. bring your own drugs and don't share. stick em up your butt if that will make you feel safer. Im just gonna drink my drinky. don't ask me for one if you are under 21. unless you are a really cute buff gay boy who wants to get fucked for the first time. hehe. seriously.

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:09 am

mdmf007 wrote:
wedeliver wrote:
ygmir wrote: Thats Tiny Tim and he has been pushing up Tulips since November 30, 1996. He died doing what he loved, playing the ukulele.
How does a Ukelele kill?
Obviously you did not listen to Tiny Tim sing or you are tone deft. I think he died when the guy shoved the ukulele down his throat.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Tone deft? Is that like having perfect pitch?
The Lady with a Lamprey

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:21 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Tone deft? Is that like having perfect pitch?
What a great phrase!

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:42 am

Perhaps, tone deft, refers to someone who has tone and executes his tone in one deft movement. Spell check is not a grammar police. Did you hear that Grammar is now living in an old folks home in Mississippi? Swing with me, just a little higher...

actually

I have no idea why that "a" is an "f". I recall looking at it and thinking, "how strange".

On the subject of this thread I think there might have been more "mental crime" last year then other years prior. I noticed a lot of people walking their bikes while staring at the ground muttering...

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:48 pm

wedeliver wrote:Perhaps, tone deft, refers to someone who has tone and executes his tone in one deft movement. Spell check is not a grammar police. Did you hear that Grammar is now living in an old folks home in Mississippi? Swing with me, just a little higher...

actually

I have no idea why that "a" is an "f". I recall looking at it and thinking, "how strange".

On the subject of this thread I think there might have been more "mental crime" last year then other years prior. I noticed a lot of people walking their bikes while staring at the ground muttering...
so, you meant "tone deat"?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

fciron

Post by fciron » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:12 pm

ygmir wrote:
wedeliver wrote:Perhaps, tone deft, refers to someone who has tone and executes his tone in one deft movement. Spell check is not a grammar police. Did you hear that Grammar is now living in an old folks home in Mississippi? Swing with me, just a little higher...

actually

Not funny dude. That happened to me once and it really hurts!

Insensitive clod.

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm

ygmir wrote:

actually

soytinlee, watts a madder wid u? didjagetit?

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:41 pm

wedeliver wrote:
ygmir wrote:

actually

soytinlee, watts a madder wid u? didjagetit?
Vwy, yez, I dit git eet, undt, vaz yust makink zure I got id korregdt.....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “2008 Art & Performance”