Has anyone used these goggles before?

What to wear? What not to wear? Come here to find and how to make anything you'd wear on your body - from goggles and playawear to bodypainting and adornments.
eureka

Re: Has anyone used these goggles before?

Post by eureka » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Sounds about right - 2 x pairs ordered - another thing off the list!

annarosatg
Burning Since: 2011

Post by annarosatg » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:45 pm

How do these goggles fit to a ladies face? I think i'd like to get some, but not sure if they might be too big... any ladies ever wore them?

eureka

Post by eureka » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Definitely not too big. I have a pretty small face and they fit me really well 8) very happy with them!

annarosatg

Post by annarosatg » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:00 am

Thank you! Just placed my order for these :-)

mazatta

Post by mazatta » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I picked my order up from the post office on Friday. Me and my camp mates are very pleased with the results. We had fun trying these and our zentai suits on at our camp meeting last night :)

jella
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Hope I get them in time but this seems like a good price for them :)
https://www.legendaryusa.com/ProductDet ... =GVGELIM24
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

swampdog
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Post by swampdog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm going with a pair of these this year. http://www.opticsplanet.net/ess-tactica ... ggles.html

illy dilly
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:38 pm

jella wrote:Hope I get them in time but this seems like a good price for them :)
https://www.legendaryusa.com/ProductDet ... =GVGELIM24
Hey thats neat!
I just got a pair of goggles from the local Army Surplus, and I had no idea what brand/model/part# they are except for the little eagle in a circle logo. Now I atleast know what brand they are. And I'm pretty sure its these guys here
http://www.globalvision.us/products/gog ... gbencl.php

Looking forward to them because they are supposed to be fog resistant, and they fit over sun glasses. So it eliminates the need for two pairs of goggles, or goggles with different lenses.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

illy dilly
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:39 pm

swampdog wrote:I'm going with a pair of these this year. http://www.opticsplanet.net/ess-tactica ... ggles.html
Those look sweet! Super high quality!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Nymue

Post by Nymue » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Hmm, I was going to wait until I got out to CA (meeting up with a friend a few days beforehand) to pick up goggles somewhere.. now I'm debating about these. Just concerned about not being able to try them on first, since I have a pretty small face, and am torn over the clear to smoke or clear to yellow! The thought of just ordering these and then not having to worry (assuming they fit!!) about another thing to buy when I get out there is pretty tempting. Decisions, decisions!
There's also an army/navy surplus down the street, maybe they're worth checking out first (she pondered aloud).. :?
Locked up inside you
Like the calm beneath castles
Is a cavern of treasure that
No one has been to.
Let's go digging.
- Tool, 4°

mazatta

Post by mazatta » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:14 pm

The women in my group all seemed to like theirs when we tried them on at the last meeting. They're fairly concave and have some flex in them to allow for a bigger/wider head. The ones we got are yellow to smoke. Anna - care to chime in if you see this?

If you get them and they don't work, you could always gift them to someone or flip them on eBay?

tahiti_treat
Camp Name: NoTown

Post by tahiti_treat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

mazatta wrote:Anna - care to chime in if you see this?
They fit my face just fine... though I don't know if I have a typical lady's face or not.

I haven't taken them in the bright sun yet, so I don't know about the smoke, but I REALLY like the yellow. It makes things brighter in the dark.

I dig 'em so far. Wondering about covering the little air holes on the side, but don't want to do it if it's not a problem. I guess I can do that on the playa with tape if I need to, right?

Apox

Post by Apox » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:25 am

wish i saw these before i bought my WWII era motorcycle goggles...

annarosatg

Post by annarosatg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:56 am

I just received mine yesterday and they seem to fit my face very well. I also have kind of a small face... so fit ladies perfectly. Cant wait to try them out on the playa :D

Nymue

Post by Nymue » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks ladies! I think I will go ahead and give these a shot! 8)
The yellow sounds like a good option.
Locked up inside you
No one has been to.
Let's go digging.
- Tool, 4°

tahiti_treat
Camp Name: NoTown

Post by tahiti_treat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Further test results: the smoke doesn't get super super dark - just enough to prevent squinting. I like this, but if you are the type that needs really dark sunglasses you may wish to look at other options.

thnkfl
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Outpost Aught Naught Cipher Nothing

Post by thnkfl » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm not a big fan of Transition lenses. They never seemed to get completely clear, which was a problem for me at night, with my prescription glasses.
FAC * GAUDE * SOLVE
Make * Rejoice * Release

baud0f24o0

Post by baud0f24o0 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks everyone, for (1) the reminder that I need to get on my goggle ordering, since my 5-year old gently used Oakley snowboarding goggles barely made it through last year's burn, (2) the link to some potentially amazing goggles for this year's burn which I've just ordered a pair for myself and a friend and (3) providing the area for my very first post on ePlaya!! :mrgreen:

I'll report my experience with the 'Eliminator 24 yellows' and photos too since everyone loves those. :P I'll be at 2:00 and Esplanade with my D1SOR1ENT brothers and sisters! <3
It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation.
-Alex Grey

mazatta

Post by mazatta » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:13 am

Do I get the VIP treatment if I show up with my Eliminator 24s on? :D

jella

Post by jella » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:17 am

mazatta wrote:Do I get the VIP treatment if I show up with my Eliminator 24s on? :D
ooh it could be like a secret password....oh wait, I shouldn't have said that outloud :roll: hehe
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

baud0f24o0

Post by baud0f24o0 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:24 pm

mazatta wrote:Do I get the VIP treatment if I show up with my Eliminator 24s on? :D
Hahah, yeah we'll meet up Friday night and have an Eliminator hour and we'll spin in circles and laugh and tell stories of our times with our E24s this year on playa! :lol:
It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation.
-Alex Grey

baud0f24o0

Post by baud0f24o0 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:31 pm

jella wrote:
ooh it could be like a secret password....oh wait, I shouldn't have said that outloud :roll: hehe
Hahaha no worries, jella, that flub up will just be one of the items we chuckle about during the ELIMINATOR HOUR!! [echo] Lol that sounds like such an epic hour, very fit for a burn.

This is my first interaction with people on ePlaya so now I'm sorta excited to put a goggled face to a name, and share a hug or two. My hugs are sorta equally epic as the name ELIMINATOR HOUR!! :D

[echo]
-Alex Grey

mazatta

Post by mazatta » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Maybe we could all meet up and eat bran muffins together?

jella

Post by jella » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm

mazatta wrote:Maybe we could all meet up and eat bran muffins together?
Well that certainly sounds productive :shock: heehehe

jella

Post by jella » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

baud0f24o0 wrote:
jella wrote:
Hahaha no worries, jella, that flub up will just be one of the items we chuckle about during the ELIMINATOR HOUR!! [echo] Lol that sounds like such an epic hour, very fit for a burn.

This is my first interaction with people on ePlaya so now I'm sorta excited to put a goggled face to a name, and share a hug or two. My hugs are sorta equally epic as the name ELIMINATOR HOUR!! :D

[echo]
Oh I like the sound of that, Eliminator Hour....and epic hugs to boot !

emayess

Post by emayess » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 am

I stumbled across this thread trying to find feedback people had about air vents on goggles. Wasn't sure if I should tape them up and risk the fogging or not. Found it hillarious that I got almost the same goggles you all are talking about - except mine have 3 sets of interchangable lenses (dark, clear, yellow). I love the way they look and fit, the dark lenses are really dark (much more than the transition ones from what I can tell) and the yellow definately helps in the dark.

So yeah, I guess I added nothing to this thread, good choices though all! I'll thnk of you while I squeeze one out while wearing my goggles. Eliminators, mount up!

Oh, and here's the link to the 3 lens version if anyone is interested - http://maximumeyewear.com/productfolder ... elens.html
nothing to see here, please move along

jella

Post by jella » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 am

Update on my eliminator 24 purchase..
I'm afraid the daytime dark might not be dark enough for me so I plan to slog a pair of regular dark sunglasses. I'm a bit of a vampire in the bright light so it's prolly just me :roll:

swampdog
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Post by swampdog » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Received my ESS XT Military goggles today and I love the fit and the lense is sparkling clear. About $40

Nymue

Post by Nymue » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 am

jella wrote:Update on my eliminator 24 purchase..
I'm afraid the daytime dark might not be dark enough for me so I plan to slog a pair of regular dark sunglasses. I'm a bit of a vampire in the bright light so it's prolly just me :roll:
Nope, not just you, jella. I got mine in the mail the other day and took em for a test run. First, I have to say that they fit really well! Even on my tiny noggin. 8)
I was concerned about how the yellow would look, but I definitely made the right choice on that. They definitely don't get "sunglasses" dark outside in the sunlight, but I was planning to bring my regular cheap ass sunglasses anyway. Which reminds me, heard a comedian on XM the other day doing a skit about how as long as your sunglasses cost less than 6 dollars, you will NEVER lose or break them. I've found this to be so true! The cheaper my sunglasses are, the longer they last!
In any case, I've been taking my astaxanthin (helps protect your skin from damaging UV rays), and I noticed that my eyes are nowhere near as sensitive to sunlight as they used to be! So if I have to use just the goggles in bright sunlight, I think I'll be just fine.
Locked up inside you
No one has been to.
Let's go digging.
- Tool, 4°

mazatta

Post by mazatta » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:46 am

Hmm that's good to know about the astaxanthin, as I am normally loath to leave the house without my shades. Is it something you'd find at a health food store? Wikipedia didn't seem to have too much info on it from a cursory glance.

My plan was to use the goggles sparingly when the dust is flying (or the outfit calls for it) and use shades the rest of the time.

Return to “Clothing & Playawear”