first time burner getting small art car out

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
eyore79
Burning Since: 2019

first time burner getting small art car out

Post by eyore79 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 am

So I have recently received my disability permit to bring my side by side vehicle to my first Burning Man. Other than towing it out there is there any way to have it shipped and I could pick it up at the gate? I have read the FAQ on deliveries so I know this is possible but does anyone have suggestions on who to use?

Thanks,

Eeyore

Sham

Re: first time burner getting small art car out

Post by Sham » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:24 pm

First, welcome to eplaya and the crazy world of Burning Man.
Where are you traveling from and how large is your vehicle? It's doubtful that anyone would have extra space in their trailer for your vehicle, but you never know.
You might also contact your regional group to see if they have a truck heading to the playa and if they could rent you space.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:56 pm

FWIW, my Can-Am Commander SxS drives right up into my 3/4 Chevy truck bed with just ramps.

Or you can winch it up if you install a pick-point in the truck bed.

BTW, a proper off-road type SxS is a poor choice of vehicle for the Playa. Most have centrifugal clutch CVT drives and are downright awful keeping a low speed. Most like to run at least 25 Mph which is 20 Mph too fast for Burning Man.

Golf carts are much better.

Good luck.

eyore79
Burning Since: 2019

Post by eyore79 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:12 am

Wish I could bring it on truck but can't with camper and gear.. I did pick a honda pioneer because of the lack of CVT for that reason! Thanks!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:49 am

Good call on the Honda with a real dual-clutch transmission!

Alas, no help on your original query. Shipping a vehicle just hasn’t been a thing. Most trailer them up on the way in.

You can go down the list of vendors listed on the Burning Man site that do offer services and see if they can accomplish this for you.

My guess is that it would be expensive for a round trip deal. As in way more expensive than buying a small trailer from Tractor Supply or Home Depot and towing it yourself.

Good luck.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”