• 6 spots left! • Comfy Cozy Voodoo Lounge @ 7:30 & A •

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2019.
jeremymeehan
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Comfy Cozy Voodoo Lounge

• 6 spots left! • Comfy Cozy Voodoo Lounge @ 7:30 & A •

Post by jeremymeehan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 pm

ccvl banner.jpg
Comfy Cozy Voodoo Lounge is a tight knit camp of 40 people, mostly from Sacramento, CA. We have one of the best locations on playa! See the man from our front door at 7:30 & A just inside the 7:30 Portal 8) We're honored to be where we are and we bring a lot to the playa.

Our camp offers a cathartic place for burners to come into - and pin their sorrows, sadness, grudges and gripes to our 6' tall voodoo man. Then people often sit down in our cool lounge and enjoy tarot readings, absinthe service, breath work, sound healing, cacao or chakra education.

Tuesday night we host a huge black light voodoo dance party and we can't wait to have you there.
Thursday night we have a voodoo ceremony where many of the 300 voodoo dolls we've gifted in Black Rock City come home with their keepers.

We have a few spots open in our camp and we'd be happy to include in you in our community.
Contact our Camp and Culture Lead, Jeremy Meehan at magic@comfycozyvoodoolounge.org

Our camp dues are $380. We use that money to fund our camps gifts, transport our camp, store our infrastructure. Additionally we collaborate to provide hot showers, communal kitchen and dinners, water, coffee, beer and shade for our tent dwellers. Contact us and let's talk about whether we're a good fit for one another.

Comfy Cozy doesn't have any campers in RVs, motorhomes, or trailers. We feel this keeps our community tighter, our camp more compact and encourages us to work together and get to know one another better :P

We're a no drama / yes more-fun sort of camp! Check us out! http://www.comfycozyvoodoolounge.org
Attachments
Comfy-Cozy-Map.jpg
Comfy-Cozy-Map.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 1363 times

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: • 6 spots left! • Comfy Cozy Voodoo Lounge @ 7:30 & A •

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Plug and play, is what it is. The death of Burning Man.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

jeremymeehan

Post by jeremymeehan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Come meet with us - participate in our year-round collaborations and see how every member of our camp is involved in the execution of the shared systems and resources. PnP is often thrown around without any curiosity to a camp’s acculturation process. Be more curious or maybe withhold the categories.

jeremymeehan

Post by jeremymeehan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 pm
Come meet with us - participate in our year-round collaborations and see how every member of our camp is involved in the execution of the shared systems and resources. PnP is often thrown around without any curiosity to a camp’s acculturation process. Be more curious or withhold the label casting.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:35 am

I can't wait to come see your camp. I have an entire voo doo lounge that I've yet to present at any event. I almost brought it to PBB but needed to recruit help so I didn't. I've been admiring your camp for a long time.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:51 am

Told the Org your camp had more people so you could get DGS tickets, now scrambling to fill up with paying customers. That’s the latest game.That’s why you need more people.
That’s why all you pay-for-accommodations camps need more campers to fill your vacancies, isn’t it.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

jeremymeehan

Post by jeremymeehan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:51 am
Told the Org your camp had more people so you could get DGS tickets, now scrambling to fill up with paying customers. That’s the latest game.That’s why you need more people.
That’s why all you pay-for-accommodations camps need more campers to fill your vacancies, isn’t it.
You really have no idea what you're talking about. Our camp did not receive DGS tickets. Zero. We need more people because that's what our interactivity takes. We've had two key members take serious injuries - and two others have major job changes preventing them from burning. Fuck off troll.

Waryman

Post by Waryman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:06 pm

I am interested in joining a camp this year and have taken an interest in yours. I am a two-time burner and this year will be my third. I do have a few questions:

Do you have shade structures for everyone's tents or just the communal area?

What type of food are you supplying? How many meals per day?

supremeunicorn
Burning Since: 2015

Post by supremeunicorn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 pm
I haven't the honor of camping with VooDoo yet, but I know a lot of the guys here and witnessed them build their camp last year for the first time, and it was amazing to see distributed leadership across the board with many of their members serving a lead or key responsibility for power, build, showers, etc. They have expectations for all members and it far exceed what I've seen other camps do; especially LNT.

They require their camp members to be in the Sacramento area not just to build and plan, but they do it to build community through gatherings, events, or just a movie night. The VooDoo camp is even more of a family outside of the burn, I can attest to that (I do wish to camp with them one year). With that ethos, everyone really puts their heart into the camp and looks out for each other. I would really encourage you to visit them this year and speak with them, I'm certain you'll change your mind.

I do understand by reading; this may look like a PnP camp, but that's further from the truth. The camp does provide the tools, but relies on everyone putting in a ton of work and participation to make any of this happen.

Signing up for VooDoo isn't just a camp, they are looking for additional family members into their home this year.

jeremymeehan

Post by jeremymeehan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 am

Waryman wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:06 pm
I am interested in joining a camp this year and have taken an interest in yours. I am a two-time burner and this year will be my third. I do have a few questions:

Do you have shade structures for everyone's tents or just the communal area?

What type of food are you supplying? How many meals per day?
Our camp builds an aluminet shade structure for our tent campers - 20'x60'. Folks in Hexayurts and Shiftpods have another space.

Our dinners are prepared by different campers each evening - it's our only communal meal of the day. The menue and groceries are all purchased ahead of time by one of our camp members. She creates the menu to accommodate most everyone's needs. All dinners are able to be vegetarian and GF. We share an open kitchen that camp members all use and clean up after themselves.

jeremymeehan

Post by jeremymeehan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 am

Ratty wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:35 am
I can't wait to come see your camp. I have an entire voo doo lounge that I've yet to present at any event. I almost brought it to PBB but needed to recruit help so I didn't. I've been admiring your camp for a long time.
Awesome! Let's talk soon!

TheLlama
Burning Since: 2019

Post by TheLlama » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Jeremy!

I'm a virgin burner still seeking a camp to meet new people, participate in building the community, and soaking in the experience. I've sent you an e-mail to the address you cited above (from: Llama2019@...). I'm also posting this message here in case you haven't received the e-mail, or if it's gotten lost in your spam folder.

If you're unable to find my introductory e-mail, please let me know here.

Thanks!

HankLiu
Burning Since: 1991

Post by HankLiu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:41 am

Hey, is there till any spots for we two virgin burners?

prachees
Burning Since: 2019

Post by prachees » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi,

Do you still have any availability?

Thanks,
Prachee

Return to “Camps & Villages”