My daughter needs a ride from Airport on Friday 23.

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
bazzafly
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: French Quarter and More Carrots,

My daughter needs a ride from Airport on Friday 23.

Post by bazzafly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi all,

I am putting in a request to help get my daughter from Reno Airport (12:15 arrival) to 8:30 and Esplanade on Friday 23 Aug. She is 20 and landing from Melbourne Australia so a quick stop at the truck stop on I-80 for a shower would be rad. I will sort you for petrol funds and other gifts when you get to camp.

I am hoping to head in on Thurs to help with my camp build which is why i am asking.

Here's hoping

Colton and Kaliska

Canoe

Re: My daughter needs a ride from Airport on Friday 23.

Post by Canoe » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:56 am

Air Playa Info at Reno Airport should be open as of Friday the 23rd.
Air Playa Info

Through the coordinated efforts of the Burning Man Project, the Reno-Tahoe International Airport, and local and international resources, Air Playa Info was established in 2008 to provide information and resources for travelers on their way from the airport to Burning Man.

Located next to Baggage Claim inside the airport, volunteers at the Air Playa Info table help answer your questions, provide directions and maps, and share information about Black Rock City, means of transportation, and all kinds of Reno resources.

Air Playa Info will be available 9am-10pm on Friday before Burning Man begins through Thursday during Burning Man.
Reno Airport is also a Rideshare location, where people heading home stop to see if there's people needing a ride.
As it's before Burning Man opens, they may send her over to Keystone where a lot of Burners stop for supplies and to offer Rideshare.
Key:
  • Everyone in the vehicle needs to have a ticket (or will-call) or the vehicle is black-listed and everyone is sent back to Reno.
  • When arranging with the vehicle occupants for the ride, make sure everyone knows where there will/won't be stops for supplies, etc..
  • The ride is a gift, but it's nice to be able to offer gas money.
  • Safety: Burners and BRC is a nice place, BUT - Usual Rules Apply!!!
Use google to search eplaya.burningman.org for more info.

Truck stops can be iffy sometimes on non-truckers using the showers. Find out if the shop/restaurant in Empire will be open this year and if they will have showers available (and from what day). Make sure whoever is giving her a ride knows she needs/wants to stop for a shower. If she needs to scoot out somewhere to have a shower before getting a Rideshare, ask at Air Playa Info about a public pool, or a gym where she can get a day-pass then use their showers.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Canoe wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:56 am
  • Everyone in the vehicle needs to have a ticket (or will-call)
And an Early-Entry Pass...
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

bazzafly
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: French Quarter and More Carrots,

Post by bazzafly » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Thanks Canoe,

I did not know is the Air playa.

I will leave her ticket with Will Call and her WAP.

Colton

PacoAleman
Burning Since: 2018

Post by PacoAleman » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:47 am

The other option and "safest" is to get her on the Burner Bus Express on Saturday 12PM, she will have one full night to rest from the flight and have a good shower on a cheap nearby hotel by the airport. She will avoid the long line waiting at the car also, so she won't be missing anything.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:01 pm

An even more-better “safestest” option after 20 hours of flying is to book a room at the Atlantis and have her spend the afternoon at the lovely Spa it is famous for ... they have an airport shuttle.

... then do the BXB ...

sruiz2169
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: FERN

Post by sruiz2169 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:29 am

I’ll be in Reno 8/21-8/23 then headed to playa. I’m working ESD Dispatch so if she has WAP I can help her out and give her a ride.

Let me know.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”