Kiwi Musicians first burn

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Deadskull
Burning Since: 2020

Kiwi Musicians first burn

Post by Deadskull » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Hello beautiful people
I am a musician from new Zealand touring Canada and the states for the next few years, seeing where the road takes me.

Unfortunately I won't make for 2019 but wanted to start planning and hopefully make it for 2020, I recently attended an event in Northern saskatchewan, Canada and it has changed my life and the way I view the world. And I want to give back to the world and people wich has inspired me to live my dreams.

I am traveling low budget and light so my gift is most likely going to be donating my time and love and my music to people, and I wanted to ask ideas for a first timer are there any particular camps that focus on sharing live music with people acousticly or as a band or would it be better to volunteer with BRC in public works dep, greeters, lamplighter ect somewhere where I can contribute for everyone.

Hopefully get to see you amazing people next year, have fun, find yourself, love everyone ❤️❤️

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Kiwi Musicians first burn

Post by Elderberry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Hope-a-Lope
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Re: Kiwi Musicians first burn

Post by Hope-a-Lope » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Welcome to eplaya! If you're aiming for saving money in 2020, you may want to find the application for low-income tickets and give that some thought. Acoustic/live instrumental music is kind of hard to find on playa, but Tangoed Up in Blues and the Jazz Club camps have been delightful places in the past. As far as volunteering, I have done greeting 3 years in a row and love it! And keep reading here, it's an amazing resource.
Good luck!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”