How is sleeping at Reno Airport Saturday night?

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
pedram92d
Burning Since: 2013

How is sleeping at Reno Airport Saturday night?

Post by pedram92d » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Do you know if it’s possible to sleep in the Reno airport? I arrive on Saturday 24th at midnight and am taking the burner express bus the next morning Sunday at 10am so was hoping I could crash in the airport for those hours. Is that possible? Who else is doing that?

Jackass

Re: How is sleeping at Reno Airport Saturday night?

Post by Jackass » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:20 pm

The BX has it's own area at the end of the terminal, I'm sure it's not uncommon to find sleeping burners in the wee hours...

Just make sure you don't sleep funny and get a kink in the neck to last the rest of the week.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

pedram92d

Post by pedram92d » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks. Is the area you’re referring to accessible after luggage pick up and in the arrival area? Is it open at midnight?

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 pm

24/7 burners on the go
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Or once you're in Reno, check the online deal sites for deals at the Sands Regency Reno Hotel (very Burner friendly) and others. I once paid $100 a night walking in on the Sunday afternoon following the Man Burn, and the guy behind me in line paid $30 ($34?), booked online on his phone in the parking lot...

Don't see what you like online, give them a call and ask if they still have unsold rooms for the night...

Or you may be able to book in advance, see here
viewtopic.php?f=542&t=96961
hmmm
Technically you'd be checking in on the 25th
"Sunday, August 25 - Thursday, August 29: $35"
Likely wouldn't work.

If getting to the hotel and back, plus room rental, is within a budget, it may be worth it to get some rest before heading out to the Playa.

Also, at that time Burners are staging all around Reno getting ready to head out to the playa. I've had great fun helping people fix things in parking lots.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Leap
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Post by Leap » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:11 am

As above, it's not uncommon to see burners sleeping. I'd probably try to get some shut eye near your gate, not passed security. The gate might will be quieter and once you leave the secured area, you probably can't get back in without a ticket for that day.

pedram92d

Post by pedram92d » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 am

Thank you. I was thinking along the same lines but was worried they might kick me out ;)

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”