The Listener - Interactive Art for 2020

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2020 playa projects here.
spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

The Listener - Interactive Art for 2020

Post by spacetime » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:53 pm

We're planning to build on our artistic work, "The Listener" for Burning Man 2020.

I'll use this thread to share updates on its progress.

I went from clueless beginnings to exceeding my hopes building art for 2019.

Most recently our group, Skylark Collective, shared The Listener with the city of Portland at PDX Decompression, creating an array of new experiences.

With some sponsorship from a member of these forums, crowdfunding, our own checkbooks, but no financial support from the org, we made the project happen last year. We worked up until and into build week improving the art feeling the personal and financial costs across our group.

Knowing what it can take this time, I'm still applying for Honoraria again with the intent to build upon what we did in a substantial and profound way. Powered, in part, by the responses of people who interacted with our work in 2019.

I'm starting with a new LOI for submission by the deadline tomorrow at 5pm PST.

My hope is our team's track record, contribution to our regional Burning Man community and artistic philosophy we'll get some sponsorship this time around.

But it is competitive and we very well may not. :P

Regardless I'm going to try and still share what happens here.

Below are an "archival" photo of the art from 2019 and a photo from two weeks ago at its second outing ever at PDX Decomp.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: The Listener - Interactive Art for 2020

Post by lucky420 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am

CONGRATULATIONS!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: The Listener - Interactive Art for 2020

Post by Ratty » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:08 am

Yay Spacetime. I knew you could do it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some financial help this time around.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Art & Performance”