ESD

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
airmedic98
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: FERN.

ESD

Post by airmedic98 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:05 pm

I would like to talk with someone familiar with the medical side of ESD. Looking to have some noob questions answered. PM please. I don't want to clutter a public board. Thanks.

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: ESD

Post by Popeye » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:13 pm

The purpose of this board is for it TO get cluttered up with noob questions. That way a lot more people get the answers (and can contribute their silly opinions).
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:18 am

Moderator's note: moved to Q&A as the Greeter's Station is solely for introductory posts and OP already has one of those there. This is the place for all the other questions which do not fit into our tidy boxes. No need to worry about clutter, that's what the board, and the mods, are for. Clutter away!

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: "The 'Burbs"

Post by Molotov » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:25 am

A general overview of ESD: What is ESD and what do we do?

Here is a good place to start with FAQs about volunteering for ESD: ESD volunteering FAQs[

A list of contacts for various ESD operations ESD contact page

airmedic98

Post by airmedic98 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:24 am

Thanks Molotov. There was one page I had not seen before. I'll bark up that tree.

airmedic98

Post by airmedic98 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:44 pm

In the spirit of clutter here is what I learned from the link that Molotov provided that I had not seen before. Those that choose volunteers for the medical side at least take from the end of the burn to about February off. So no need to try to stir them up, they aren't home.

I worked my first burn 2019 for Rampart on an ambulance. Having worked way too many shifts I learned my lesson. Balance. Always had a problem with that. I have no idea if HGH (operators of the ambulances) under contract to CrowdRx will want me back or for how much. Never assume. Ideally I would like to split my time between ESD and HGH. I was trying to start early nailing things down.

I shall cool my jets. Thank you.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”