Camp THREAT same old new direction

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2020.
Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Camp THREAT same old new direction

Post by Lonesomebri » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Camp THREAT 20/20
I've decided to pass the torch on and be my own man. New camp leadership, as if there ever was any, for 2020. I've learned a lot by starting and running a theme camp, and would like to pass on lessons and insight I've gained, but if I still run the camp, it would be in poor taste with all my planned shit talking.

In passing on the camp, what attributes should be pursued? What should be the motivation of the new lead? What is the core beliefs of the Burn? Vision....

1. The image of the Burn is PLUR (which was first explained to me by JustJoe), community, the 13 or 14 suggestions, love ya brother until we hit pavement on exodus. But on playa, a utopian fits-all-sizes world built on feel good $5 words. So, the camp is our community of likeminded individuals working to transform the world and ourselves thru a paradigm shift by not charging dues!!! for the air conditioned yurt and 2 daily meals prepared by a European chef, though the contribution to a better world is gonna set you back $5000 in donations. Shove that popsicle. Peace Love Unity Respect.
This was not the future I wanted for the hard earned disrespect Camp THREAT has achieved.

2. Another common angle is just run it as a cash cow, same as 1 but with fewer steps and mental gymnastics. Lease out the Camp THREAT franchise. But I'm too stupid to pull that off.

3. Pretty much continue what I was forced into doing, pass the camp to someone who can come up with a performance for the tourists and put on a show. They get placement and opportunities to attend and be a theme camp in good standing.
This is what I had settled on for continuing the camp, until I was reminded of one of my own true playa loves.

4. I had forgotten about this pure motivation, though I have praised it in the past. One of the sweetest fruits that grows and is nourished out on the playa during the Burn, are the vendettas, rivalries and fueds those of us fortunate to live a full life are able to savor in the dust.

Fuck those tourists with the loud midnight generator. Screw that attention grabbing sparkle pony. DJs, doucheways, AirBnB, BLM, uniforms... I loved that they weren't in my camp, and that I could rant about them in my kingdom of dust.

So what better transition objection than for the noble intent to just shove it in all their faces.

And it looks like that is what Camp THREAT is gonna do.

I'm stepping aside as camp lead 2020.
Long live Camp THREAT
Death to the popsicles
PSX_20200201_154850.jpg
PSX_20200201_154716.jpg
Last edited by Lonesomebri on Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 4 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Joeln
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: On our own

Re: Camp THREAT same old new direction

Post by Joeln » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Well done Bri, your traditions live on!
Collapse first and avoid the rush

Cerebus1010
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Cerebus1010 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:04 pm

the chairman is dead, long live the chairman

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Were waiting for the novel (soon to be a major picture) Regrets of a Reluctant Camp Mayor. I always thought ePlaya should be the top source of info for theme camp organizers and MV builders, but faceboo has commoditized that.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: THREAT

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:44 am

worst camp ever.

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: THREAT

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:54 pm

oh dear. another example of why I shouldn't be posting before I've had my coffee in the morning. :coffee:

In all fairness, I can only form my judgements on the quality, and/or lack thereof, of Camp THREAT based upon rumor and repute. That being said, I'll do my damndest to make sure that THREAT lives up to and hopefully even exceeds it's wretched reputation that Bri has nurtured and lovingly tendered over the years.

Long Live Camp THREAT.
IMG_5366.JPG

Lonesomebri

Post by Lonesomebri » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:56 pm

PSX_20200203_194710.jpg
PSX_20200203_194710.jpg (277.9 KiB) Viewed 482 times
- Voltaire, Candide

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Maybe Camp Threat should be a cult. You could have Kool-Aid and and new tennis shoes. Fuck the old leader, the new guy can't be any worse. :mrgreen:
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Lonesomebri

Post by Lonesomebri » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Hugs and Kisses
PSX_20200214_202638.jpg
- Voltaire, Candide

Return to “Camps & Villages”