- We are past 250,000 Confirmed (253,926)
- We are past 10,000 Deaths (10,406)
- We are over 150,000 Active (154,450)
- Italy has more Deaths than China (3,405 to 3,255)
- Daily Deaths are continuing and are climbing, yesterday was 1,090 (including China's NHC daily update).
- The U.S. is showing 14,372 cases, and should pass 15,000 sometime today. At 217 Deaths.
ICUs are filling up, young & old.
Ventilators are becoming scare, including some sites putting two Pt.s per ventilator, some preparing for four-per (and how to address different Pt. needs with that).
PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) is becoming scarce for health care personnel. Re-using, using lower level equipment or going without.
Health care personnel are isolating themselves from their families to protect them.
http://www.ansa.it/canale_saluteebeness ... a2c1b.html
- To date in Italy there are 300 children with coronavirus but "there are no victims or serious cases".
- citizens will no longer have to go to a general practitioner, but will have a code in the pharmacy to collect the "medications.
- the release of the field hospital situation and the government's announcement to send 300 doctors to the most affected areas.
- The head of state was also reportedly impressed by the images of the column of the army vehicles that yesterday brought to other provinces about seventy coffins that it was not possible to manage in the Orobic cemetery and asked "to embrace all the Bergamo citizens and to hold on. "
- Five other doctors died of the new coronavirus in Lombardy, bringing the tragic toll between white coats to 13 victims, according to Fnomceo. … The list of deaths among doctors is unfortunately continuously updated.