SEX CAMPS?

shikantaza

Post by shikantaza » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:28 pm

Yogi, it's a valid question, and one that many often ask themselves. I agree with others here who point to the trap of setting expectations. If you go to get laid, you probably won't get laid, not to mention it's dusty and hot out there, and it's not really the focus out there. The environment is sexy and sensual, but the actual act of having sex is less frequent than people would believe. Chai Guy had some great comments about this, actually.

Our camp has a large contingent of swingers, as well as a few polyamorous people, and open-minded people who don't participate in swinging or polyamory, but don't have knee-jerk judgments about sex, or the desire to have sex. This is a result of forming social bonds and friendships, more than any direct attempt to form a sex camp. And we truly are not a sex camp.

Anybody who knows the background and proclivities of our group would automatically assume we're a sex camp, mainly because many people in our camp are experienced (and attractive) swingers. Unfortunately, people have a lot of negative, preconceived notions about sexuality and it colors their thoughts and words. We aren't really seeking sex out there, because there are more opportunities for sex, in the real world, than we can shake a stick at. :wink: Yet, if we advertised as a swinger camp, even while also saying there will be no advertised orgies, we would likely get a huge amount of judgment. That's just the way it is, whether on the play or in the real world.

Even here, you've gotten a lot of sex-negative judgment, just for asking a simple question.

In the real world, there are many kinds of sexuality and many kinds of "sex camps" and your being a single male would be a bit of a hindrance, but that doesn't invalidate your question, or your interest. There are plenty of respectful single men in the swinger scene, for example, and they get laid A LOT.

It's a shame you are getting such prejudicial treatment here. You are welcome to email us (my wife and I) to ask further questions about this.

As for orgies and group sex on the playa, it *definitely* happens, but nobody is going to tell you where, and there is no set time and place for that sort of action. Just like every other event or moment on the playa, it's all about surrendering expectations and control, or the illusion you have any control over your experience on the playa. For the most part, you have no control.

When you realize that, you might discover some of the sexiest moments you've ever had, whether you actually have sex or not.

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:51 pm

I have to agree with shikantaza on this one.

Although isnt it just as diffcult for a single women to join the lifestyle as a single man?

Not to sound like a sex fein but, part of what drew me to burning man was the relaxed sexual undernote. But I'm not about to run up to random men and ask them to join me a jots. Seeing as well....I have no idea what the deal is with them yet seeing as many pepole are so hush hush about it.

BoxaRox

Post by BoxaRox » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:55 pm

All you have to do is ask.

or whistle (?)

or SOMETHING.

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 pm

...which is very easy on paper. HOWEVER. That is essentially what yogii did and many pepole jumped on him about it.

lurker

Post by lurker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:34 pm

Judgement? "sex-negative" judgement?

Yogi's been told repeatedly that most, if not all 'sex' camps will require him to bring a woman.

It's a simple fact of 'swing' life. There are always extra men who want to get in--either because they think the women will just be leaping at them or to leer or for whatever reason.

Keeping a sexual balance in imperative.

Find a girl, yogi. The 'sex camps' aren't that hard to find.

And Bee, do you mean take up the life, or do you mean gain entry to an event/party/orgy/thing? Because it's far easier for a single woman to gain entry than it is for a man.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 pm

[quote="lurker"]
And Bee, do you mean take up the life, or do you mean gain entry to an event/party/orgy/thing? Because it's far easier for a single woman to gain entry than it is for a man.[/quote]

I'm not so much intrested in it for the "getting into places" kind of thing more or less intrested in understanding and learning more about the lifestyle. I guess I'm more swing-curious then anything. Does that make any sense.....hmm *shrugs* ^.^

lurker

Post by lurker » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:45 am

There are groups, clubs, and whatnot all over the country. Most of them have monthly 'open' meetings where people who are interested can go to find out more, meet members and get a feel for the group dynamic.

A LOT of groups have a female core that is very helpful and accepting of new people--especially new women--and most especially new, unattached women.

One of the best ways to get information on a whole bunch of groups is to attend a sex con--there are several in Chicago(don't know how close you are, but it's the nearest huge city I could think of).
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:55 pm

lurker wrote:Find a girl, yogi.
4 words that are truly much easier said than done.

Desert Duck
Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Post by Desert Duck » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:37 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
lurker wrote:Find a girl, yogi.
4 words that are truly much easier said than done.
It's still easier than finding a "Sex Camp", and it's a start.

By now, you (Yogi) should know about the Bureau of Erotic Discourse, perhaps you'd be interested in just taking some classes. Seriously.

It's obvious that many of us think that sex is a valid subject for discussion as it should be, the problem arises when the right question is asked the wrong way. I think that was my own personal original problem with your post- the wording, not the content. The other thing that bothered me was your insistence that those whose opinions you disagreed with stay off the thread.

Anyway, the B.E.D. will be posting discussion groups in the What Where When, and they're wonderful folks who'll help answer any questions they can (or want to). I know that they welcome anyone with a respectful attitude and are non-judgmental (unlike me).
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?

yogiii2

Post by yogiii2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:02 am

So its two weeks till the burn does anyone have anything else to add to this topic?

jenn_nc

an extra 2 cents

Post by jenn_nc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:17 am

Just come and look me up at Fairyland at 4:30 and Destiny!

Ciao,
Jenn
www.jennjacobsen.com
Being a transexual isn't confusing, it's fun

Dustdevil
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Post by Dustdevil » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 am

If you stop by Brain Freeze / Got Stickers camp we will give you some stickers for the Great Canadian Beaver Eating Contest. Also we are a distribution point for Safe Sex Camp and we will have the supplies you need. If nothing else stop by and have a Brain Freeze. (Frozen Margarita)
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

Catblack

Post by Catblack » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:34 am

yogiii2 wrote:i am a male. and i just want to make sure that your all not trying to have a laugh at my expense.
Than you better make damn sure, because we are.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:16 am

yogiii2 wrote:So its two weeks till the burn does anyone have anything else to add to this topic?
They apparently have a hell of a lot more to offer then you ever have. Unless you want to go to a gay man's sex camp, you've been told repeatedly that you will need to be accompanied by a partner. At least one person here has offered to meet you and be your partner. What don't you get?
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:22 am

Meanwhile....another wall of exclusion in the community continues to get reinforced...being single sucks.

SED

Post by SED » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:50 am

Hey Yogii2

We're a camp full of way hot and horny bitches with nobody to service us. Think you could drop by? Bring a buddy if you want, and don't forget the camcorder!
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:51 am

today is my first day of single, once again....

i imagine i will be single until i die, and THAT IS OKAY!

okay?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:05 am

Well, there's always Jiffy Lube.
"Get in, get off, get out".
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Rockdad

Post by Rockdad » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:21 am

joel the ornery wrote:today is my first day of single, once again....

okay?
Congrats Joel must be a load off the mind
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

[url=http://eplayabar.blogspot.com/]The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog[/url]

Ron

Post by Ron » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:47 am

joel the ornery wrote:....

okay?
Yeah, sure, it's fine with me. How about you?

Ron

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:56 am

Condolences and congratulations in equal measure.

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:46 am

Kinetic IV wrote:Well, there's always Jiffy Lube.
No longer called Jiffy Lube.. Now Call Penetration Camp... Shell Oil Lawyers are to be thanked for the name change..
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:49 am

Ron wrote:

okay?
Yeah, sure, it's fine with me. How about you?

Ron
i am sure i will work through it.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:50 am

You're kidding, Shell sent a cease and desist letter?

SED

Post by SED » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:59 pm

joel the ornery wrote:today is my first day of single, once again....

okay?

That's great, Joel, but why are you posting the news here?

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:00 pm

SED,

i have no idea.

ETA: wishful thinking?

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:22 pm

ibdave wrote:
Kinetic IV wrote:Well, there's always Jiffy Lube.
No longer called Jiffy Lube.. Now Call Penetration Camp... Shell Oil Lawyers are to be thanked for the name change..
Sorry to hear that. I'd always figured that the people who ran Jiffy Lube were judgement proof. I mean how much money can you wring from that thing?

Xta_G

Post by Xta_G » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:53 pm

SED wrote:Hey Yogii2

We're a camp full of way hot and horny bitches with nobody to service us. Think you could drop by? Bring a buddy if you want, and don't forget the camcorder!

Wow.. advertising for XXX Camp, SED? I thought we were going to keep that secret just a little bit longer....

X.
<b>The ePlaya Bar Camp:</b> "What will it be?"

SED

Post by SED » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:59 pm

Well, I figured that by the time we got through with him, he'd be a good practice dummy over at Thunder Dome.

Ron

Post by Ron » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm

i am sure i will work through it.
That's better than at least half the alternatives. You know where you can some to fling some poo and burn some rope. :)

Ron

Return to “2006 Theme Camps”