I need the recipe for a high quality body paint.

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.
rpw

I need the recipe for a high quality body paint.

Post by rpw » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:19 pm

Or even a decent quality body paint that can stand up to a full day on the playa, but one which will wash off with very little water and soap. Any ideas? I have a lot of time to test any ideas before next year.

Skyhawk

Post by Skyhawk » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:57 am

perhaps some thin latex base, with coloring added.. something like..
http://tinyurl.com/r6c0
these products. a careful application, perhaps with the appropriate sprayer, of the mixed product Should make something durable for you. it wont come off Too easily, but can be rubbed and scrubbed off with a bit of water and soap, or some of the removal products out there should clean you up..

BUT!

Im not an expert, just an experimentor with a few kinks.. this is the kind of stuff I run into time to time.. a fun site anyways..

any latex artists care to add their own thoughts on this idea?
$.02

BertBodyArt

Home Body Paint

Post by BertBodyArt » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:04 pm

Don't know what you'll findout.
If you do find anything, I'd really like to know.
We run the Black Rock Body Art Guild and use a lot of body paint.
We have found that the alchol based temporay tattoo inks work well. They can last for days on the playa.
Other stuff will get through the day usually, but not any longer.

Bertrum

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:12 pm

I've used Kryolan's Aquacolor body paint on the playa to great effect. It's got a huge spectrum of color and a simple "fixer" can be applied to the parts you're most attached to keeping unsmudged. The best this is that this paint easily comes off with wet-wipes (even with the fixer) and still allows your skin to actually breath...something the oil based paints and liquid acrylics tend not to allow.

here's a neat website that might be of use....

gatonegro3

Post by gatonegro3 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:59 am

Hey ,

Does anybody know who are the guys that paint people from head to toes with some kind of POWDER? They look incredibly bright and awesome.

I'm not talking about the ones that use sprayers and kiddie pools (that's us)
We are trying to expand to that technique in which they achieve extremely bright colors, but I cannot seem to find out how they make it

Any ideas?

gatonegro

Selkie

Post by Selkie » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:49 pm

I know a friend of mine bought some Ben Nye makeup stuff and they do some powder makeup in lots of colors. This stuff really stays and I know it's been used in the cirque du soleil products for full body paint. They have their own fixer spray that keeps it on really well.

http://www.ec-securehost.com/WouldYouBe ... Trade.html
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
~Mark Twain

Selkie

Post by Selkie » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:49 pm

I know a friend of mine bought some Ben Nye makeup stuff and they do some powder makeup in lots of colors. This stuff really stays and I know it's been used in the cirque du soleil products for full body paint. They have their own fixer spray that keeps it on really well.

http://www.ec-securehost.com/WouldYouBe ... Trade.html
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
~Mark Twain

congochris

Post by congochris » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:17 am

I was one of those Green people in 2001, I came across the camp and they asked if I wanted to be painted and I said hell yeah. They told me that the powder they were using was the coloring that is put into the base for fluorescent paint.. I dont know where they got it, maybe home depot paint depatment or such would know. To apply it, just coat your skin lightly with skin cream/moisturizing lotion, and then rub on the powder.

Return to “2004 Share”