Summer of Love can take a couple of Freaks.

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
nocturnal_steve
Burning Since: 1997

Summer of Love can take a couple of Freaks.

Postby nocturnal_steve » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:40 am

Camp plans fell through at the last minute?

Summer of Love can take a few more members. Might wanna dress you up one day in sixties stuff so don't say I didn't warn ya.

Small camp of 10 or 15, you are welcome to share our modest infra structure shade, shower structure, kitchen with grill. We might share some meals, but please be prepared w/ your own food and water. Quick shower takes about 3 gallons Please help by contributing alcohol and mixers to our open bar. If you have a vehicle you might have to unload and park on the outskirts , we have a small space of prime real estate near near Tokyo Outpost. Please write if interested.

Smudge

Postby Smudge » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:49 am

More like my significant other went to Hawaii on vacation and decided permanently not to return. Helping manage her remote house sale as well as moving her stuff and finding and entering a new residence has occupied the majority of my summer and industry. My newyears declaration was BRC come hell or highwater having missed the last two years.

The dome was built three years ago and the cover got destroyed by my previous roomates. I've aquired new billboards, cut them all to shape and plan is to glue them all together Saturday. The frame is 24 diameter, 11.5 tall and all of the struts are color coded for easy assembly. Fifteen people may be able to hoist it by hand for top-down assembly(safest).
I'll be ride-sharing with a local neighbor who's going to be camping with his brother and the dome is going to be carried in on a big Red Bus.
My rideshare might be planning to leave Sunday evening, but still has yet to write the schedule for the store he manages. I might get him to leave a little later.
I attended 03 with two friends and 04 solo. I'm considering camping with Stag Camp but am just starting to look into that whole topic.
I really don't/can't drink much other than the occasional Guiness, so the whole bar topic is something I'm not heavily interested in.
I built the dome originally because I commonly sleep in a hammock and don't enjoy sleeping on the hard ground. I hear that the playa will be extremely soft and dusty this year and wonder if the 24' dome might be a good place for people to put all of their tents to keep more of the dust out instead of just a central chill space.

I haven't a CLUE where Tokyo Outpost might be and after 03 when I camped on the corner of Profane/Dogma, I never really learned the hour names of the radial streets. Simple North/South Arc may suffice for an initial basic description of where in town you'll be. I guess you could give me the whole address and I could look it up on the map. Dress me up 60's style? I'm game.
I'm 5'8 140# and haven't much of a wardrobe or sense of style.
Paisley rules, but bellbottoms make me seasick.
email me zunk2150@yahoo if you're still interested in me and the dome.
I've yet to make any contact with the focalizers of Stag camp and geez it's getting late.

Camp plans fell through at the last minute?

Summer of Love can take a few more members. Might wanna dress you up one day in sixties stuff so don't say I didn't warn ya.

Small camp of 10 or 15, you are welcome to share our modest infra structure shade, shower structure, kitchen with grill. We might share some meals, but please be prepared w/ your own food and water. Quick shower takes about 3 gallons Please help by contributing alcohol and mixers to our open bar. If you have a vehicle you might have to unload and park on the outskirts , we have a small space of prime real estate near near Tokyo Outpost. Please write if interested.

ufc89

Postby ufc89 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:00 am

Count me in. Is there a map where i can find Tokyo outpost?

numitease

Postby numitease » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Summer of Lovers,

I'm a multiple burner who moved out to chicago a few years ago and the camp I was with de-energized while I was away. I just moved back to the east bay last month and didn't have time to get my act together. Your camp sounds cool, I was born in the sixties in SF so summer of love costumes seem normal to me. Sorry I'm not female but I might be bringing one with me, nonetheless I've been told I'm testosterone deficient anyway and very mellow (if thats still a word)

Let me know if you still have space. I have a pickup truck and a two person tent, the former can be parked on the outskirts if necessary. I'd wouldn't be arriving until late tues/early wed. You can reach me offline at jeunisis@juno.com.

thanks,
Chris

sunn

Postby sunn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:29 pm

okay, guys...come on over and welcome to our own Haight-Ashbury in BRC.

(Sigh...more guys to add to the testosterone, such a sacrifice we must make sometimes :D )

guavajellyfish

Postby guavajellyfish » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 pm

i'm a virgin burner and i want to hook up with a camp... still room? Where is this Outpost?

Albany

bannana

Postby bannana » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:31 am

2nd year here along with 2 virgins. Our camp plans fell through due to other member with death in the family that won't be able to attend. We will be self sufficiant and willing to work. Yes, we can dress up but are ill equipped with the costumes.
Still have room over there? Please let me know.
darci
email: qwert5@speedfactory.net

peregrina

Postby peregrina » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:30 pm

hey summer lovies,
i'm lookin for some serendipity camp-wise/have my own to share! i've been up in the air abt going bc of job concerns... but - wing& a prayer time - i'm looking to take flight for the playa for the first time!
i think your camp sounds fun & would love to contribute however i can.
if you haven't already left for the playa could you let me know whether you're still scoping for frixe? oh yeah also, is there a camp gift for kitchen etc, or food donations, or anything in particular i could be lookin to bring?

much luv/thx

(what a dork i posted this in the wrong place earlier :roll:)

casper_org

Looking for Camp to Join

Postby casper_org » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Hey there,
I'm a virgin burner, short in experiance i may be but i'm totally wiring to go! I'm a cheeky Brit who's been travelling around for last 8 months around south and central america. I've more recently been couchsurfing my way around the states... I'm trying to get a perspective on the american dream, character and people. One of the last stops on my huge tour is Burning Man.. So i thought what better way to see it out than to camp out in the 'Summer of Love' Camp. I'll bring whatever's needed and can offer help wherever i can!

Let me know if there's any spots!

Thanks heaps

Danny

My couchsurfing profile - http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/casper_friendly

sunn

Note: this is last year's thread

Postby sunn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:44 pm

sorry!

casper_org

Postby casper_org » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:57 pm

sorry? i guess that means its full right? :(

Ahh like a cast out orphen i'll tread out into the harsh cold night all alone.. sniff sniff.. :p

nocturnal_steve
Burning Since: 1997

Summer of Love Camp was in 2007 !

Postby nocturnal_steve » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:33 pm

No, it means the camp was set up in 2007 so you would need to be able to time travel in order to join us ! We had a great time doing S.O.L in '07 but are doing "Hermit camp" and going low key in 2008 !
Stay hydrated my friend.

sunn

Postby sunn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 am

My explanation didn't get on, Caspar, just my "Sorry!" So, again, "Sorry!"
Fortunately, Nocturnal had my back and explained that our camp was last year.
Yes, Summer of Love is no more.
We will have our little playa bar set up out in the wasteland somewhere...so I'll make it up to you and give you a drink on the house :roll: :roll:

Return to “2011 Share Resources”