UFO over BRC....

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
space monk

UFO over BRC....

Post by space monk » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:00 pm

this post has not been cleared by BRI or paul addis, but i believe that my Spooky clearence gives me the right to declassify it.

i'm just reporting what i saw. i do not claim it to be 'alien'.

i would also like to state that BurningMan is magnitudes more than what it appears. i believe there is cosmic attention focused on BRC. i believe psychic mutations are occurring at BRC. i also will not express my true feelings on the situation. not out of fear, but out of the deepest respect for THE INITIATION.....

one last thing: even though your PissClear disinfo rag is gone, may the 'ole krusty burners' who fail to be initiated year after year; who harken back to the good old 90's; who hate the music & NewBreeds; who have failed to realize that BM is no longer a social expirement or 'radical self-expression art fest'; may you still pilgrimage year after year, cuz it wouldn't be the same without your spiritual blood.

now onto the subject of this post.

when? friday night
where? at the temple
time? after 12, but before 2
tripping? no
drunk? a little
stoned? yes please

i had stepped off my artcar and was walking around the west side of the temple when someone said "oh wow look at that meteor!"
i looked up and at about 80degrees estimated 6000 feet and heading out towards 12oclock, i saw a sparking object passing through the atmosphere at a slow pace. a red light appeared next to it. together they changed course abruptly and zipped towards 6oclock. two white lights appeared from the mountains and danced in the sky as the red light and sparking thing flew towards center camp. the 2 lights zipped around the red light and sparking thing, doing looping acrobatic stunts at speeds and angles that defy accepted aeronautical physics. all the objects stopped, hovered above center camp, danced, then dove into the 6oclock position and disapeared.

the event lasted 30-40 seconds.

there was a voice in my head saying "don't make a big deal of this. keep quite and just watch." either everyone around me (except for the guy who called it to my attention, and who got very quiet) received the same message, or they didn't see it. this same 'message' prevented me from mentioning it to anyone until i was way off playa.

i read somewhere that reporting strange aerial events at BM is like reporting bright flashes in the sky during the 4th of july. i agree, but the movements of these lights and the sparking thing are supposed to be impossible. if some burner has created anit-gravity flying machines it wouldn't surprise me, but these, in my mind, where NOT conventional UAVs or flares on balloons.

as for the 'meteor' the angle of its decent was nearly parallel with the playa. the speed was too slow for an airplane (even an RC one) as it would never stay aloft.

surprisingly, this was one of the least mystical events for me at The GreenMan. there are dozens of other more tangible mystical things that happened to me, but this is one that i think you can relate to; as the other ones are deeply rooted in my own personal mythology and madness.

so maybe you saw it too? or did the MIB get you with thier strobelights?

if or when 'contact' happens BurningMan would/will be the ideal place. but remember, we might be the aliens....

peace & thanks for reading
may your dreams eclipse your nightmares
BabylonIgnited

SpaceMonk11:11
TheFuseIsLit......

space monk

Post by space monk » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 am

addendum:

i've been 'told' that the metor was a night sky diver. i accept occums razor stating that the simplest, least mystical explantion is often the correct one. a diver would also explain the trajectory & speed.

however, as for the other lights.....
TheFuseIsLit......

Player
Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Starlust, Pinkys, Pink Mammoth, Jub Jub

Post by Player » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:06 pm

In 2003 after I passed Pyramid lake heading north to Gerlach during the day, a flat brown metallic "pancake" (for lack of a better description) about 100-150 feet in diameter flew over and in front of my car about a half mile away going west to east at about 100 mph. It continued, west to east, in a straight line at a noiseless steady pace and disappeared into the mountains way to the east of the road.

It's my only UFO experience, and although I am quite fond of pancakes and was hungry at the time, I'm quite sure what I saw because I was completely sober and studied the object intensely as I slowed down to watch it.

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:41 pm

Possible R/C.. I was thinking of doing it myself for shits and giggles.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: UFO over BRC....

Post by Eric » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:14 pm

space monk wrote:even though your PissClear disinfo rag is gone
We're not disinformation. We just write what the aliens tell us to. And let me tell you, they're snarky bastards.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:48 pm

Your sighting was very different that mine, with the exception of the time it occurred. The lights I saw were at extremley high altitude. Think about looking at an average star. Then visualize from that stationary position, more lights, somewhat smaller but no less bright, moving outward from dancing around and then returning to thier original point within the starlight. It was as if they were hiding in the starlight, using that star as a place to regroup between each outward movement.

Please tell me more about the "initiation." Then I will tell you about the "revealing," which is here now and going on all over the world. I am priviledged to be involved in this mutation/evolution of the human mind and body.

Here's a thought for those who share an interest in what becomes of man in the future. The visitors are not actually from outer space. They are us, "Humans" from the future. Those strange looking humanoid beings are in fact what we become/evolve/mutate into in the future. If you have any questions about this notion, please ask me anything. I am no alien. I'm just a man who has been touched by something special. A former skeptic who is now a believer.

Our future is rocky, but we are going to be around for a long time. Fear nothing, except those who cannot accept the truth. It is the close-minded, non-believers who create the next great war. They want things to be and end the way it was written and shoved down their throats by thier respective religeons. The fact is that all it takes to us to get into heaven is to simply walk though the door and believe that it is real.

That's enough deep stuff for now. Love each other because it is contageous. I welcome any response to this post......Nibbler
Love to love. Want to play. Only the burners can keep up. Dazzle me with your brilliance and beauty. I'll be a friend eternally.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:26 pm

nib, almost every state has a warhouse full of people that think like you do..

there they will greet you at the door.. you will have a place to sleep and food.. they will even give you good drugs.. all your worrys will fly away..

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:46 pm

I was looking for the north star when I saw those light moving as discribed.. only earlyer in the evening.. woundered what i was watching.. two were moveing around close to one an other.. while a third light moved far off from them.. i mean a long ways and not coming down.. i tiered of watching and thought, sky divers, huh interesting.. washed up and went to bed and right to sleep about ten o'clock..

west, west by north west, north west, north by north west and north.

the lights were north by north west
from 8:00 and I street
the lights were

Tiahaar
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Post by Tiahaar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:06 pm

the future is The Wraeththu, They will come when humans can no longer. The lights in the sky are beacons to those who know. The harlings awake!

Hey Unjon damn it you were on 8 and I??? Here I was scouring 8:30 for your secret camp...aargh! Get that pink Caddy ready for 2008, if anything is part of the American Dream... :D

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:59 am

Tiahaar. correction.. it wass 8:30

i m gearing up for 08 and the AM DRM..

having some shit sturing fun on eplaya right now..

space monk

Post by space monk » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:14 pm

what you saw sounds like what the red and white lights were doing, but much lower. and they landed in center camp.

the 'future selves' idea fits nicely into my mythology (although i see us more as stars in training, learning how to command our own solar systems). as far as ive pieced together the 'future selves' data (thank you t. mckenna, R.A.W, & philp k. dick & lots of mushroom tea), it goes like this:

right now we live in time/space/matter held down by gravity. like a bouble in the sea, we are cut off from the infinite, which is called 'hyperspace'. we train for the inevitable bursting of the bouble in our dreams. hyperspace is everything at once center everywhere no time, no being, only thing that matteres is position or 'hereness'. where you are is what you are. just like a dream. hyperspace is also VERY WEIRD, beautiful, challenging, divine. kinda like BurningMan.....hummmmmmm.....

as for the 'Initiation', well, when my book comes out i'll let you know. hidden in the fiction is what is happening to me. there is an extremly dark side to it. i don't want to scare people. it's not meant for mass consumption. but without assimilating the shadow we are incomplete. i think we're only allowed into hyperspace when we have overcome fear & become epicly powerful sorcerers.

i recoment the book 'The Lucid View' by aeoles kephas. if you jive with that book then we can talk.

Hafiz said: when no one is looking, and i want to kiss God, i just lift my own hand to my mouth.
TheFuseIsLit......

summermessenger

Green Man - Little Green Men - You Decide

Post by summermessenger » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:52 am

:shock:
I saw it too. My wife and I were walking up 7:30 toward landfill: I looked up and showed her where the big dipper is. I know it so well because every night I walk out to my deck and look at the stars. On Friday night there was a new (bright red) star in the handle of the “Big Dipperâ€
The Way is Peace - The Road is Love

BitterDan

Post by BitterDan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:44 pm

I saw a giant vagina with big teeth flying over Pyramid lake. I wonder if it's the same sighting...
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:05 am

on Saturday my Virgin Neighbors said they had seen lights in the sky Friday night (9:15 Landfill) .... when I gave them the normal oh probaly sky divers...
The husband (an elder very professional straight edge) looked at me strange and said NO WAY he'd been in military and he'd been around and he was covinced it was something different...
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

skygod
Burning Since: 2004

Post by skygod » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:30 pm

People see what they want to see,
and disregard the rest...
La La La La La La La
"It will seem difficult in the beginning. But everything seems difficult in the beginning."- Musashi

nibbler

what people see

Post by nibbler » Thu May 15, 2008 5:34 am

I see a little silouetto of a man.... I also saw a ufo that Fri. night that wasn't anywhere near BRC. It was in orbit like at satellite altittude and it danced and spun around fo hours. I pointed it out to several people most of which said it was the CIA. What a great way to spend our tax dollars if true. So enough with the Skydivers and shooting star explanations. I saw those too just like everyone else did. It took a few moments to recognize the skydivers. The meteorsssssss looked like meteors. I saw a star break into many stars then form back into a single star. Don't tell me it was drugs because I wasn't high enough. When it happens to you, You will be profoundly affected by the reality that we aren't the only ones here. Do some research. Peace, Love, and Rock n Roll.......You Pricks.
Love to love. Want to play. Only the burners can keep up. Dazzle me with your brilliance and beauty. I'll be a friend eternally.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Thu May 15, 2008 8:38 am

Im pretty sure I was abducted by aliens last year on my way to Burning Man. There are definitely 10-11 hours of my life I simply cannot account for!

Me and my buddies were cruising along and we decided to stock up on liquor at Winnemuca. It was about 7:30 pm and we bought a couple bags of pork rinds and 7 or 8 bottles of Stoly. We got back in the car and headed on. That's the last thing I remember. Around 6 am I woke up hunched over the wheel of the Bellevedere, in a ditch about 30 feet from the highway. Aliens had pilfered the car, scattered chips and pork products all over the interior and apparently emptied seven bottles of vodka.

Dont try telling me that was a weather balloon or swamp gas!

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Thu May 15, 2008 8:56 am

...i think i need to take a break from eplaya.
*lifts off and up into the sky, dances around a bit in the north northeast south north direction and then POOF,.....gone*
blow.

Karlene

Post by Karlene » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:34 pm

I think my sister in law, Natasha, and I were abducted by aliens in 2003. It was my third burn, her first, so the first night we got there, Wednesday, we parked the van, unloaded a few things and rode out to the man on our bikes. It was very windy and hot. She looked at me and said "This is so strange" And the next thing either of us remember is walking around camp about ten the next morning with camp all set up. Niether of use remembers coming home, setting up camp....or anything, actually.

Maybe aliens set up our camp for us. Neither one of us had any sore spots so we don't think we were poked (ugh) or prodded. There is a 12 hour stretch of time for which we have NO recollection, and then of course the other mystery, how did our camp get set up??

chiefdanfox

Post by chiefdanfox » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Karlene wrote: Neither one of us had any sore spots so we don't think we were poked (ugh) or prodded.
I believe there is a theme camp in there somewhere...

Karlene

Post by Karlene » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Yeah, maybe if we build a theme camp They will come.......

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 pm

...i almost NEVER remember eating anything on the playa but my food does partially dissapear. aliens?
blow.

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 am

i had stepped off my artcar and was walking around the west side of the temple when someone said "oh wow look at that meteor!"
i looked up and at about 80degrees estimated 6000 feet and heading out towards 12oclock, i saw a sparking object passing through the atmosphere at a slow pace. a red light appeared next to it. together they changed course abruptly and zipped towards 6oclock. two white lights appeared from the mountains and danced in the sky as the red light and sparking thing flew towards center camp. the 2 lights zipped around the red light and sparking thing, doing looping acrobatic stunts at speeds and angles that defy accepted aeronautical physics. all the objects stopped, hovered above center camp, danced, then dove into the 6oclock position and disapeared.
uhmmmmmm... yeah.

Perhaps in your drug educed state you most likely missed all of the fliers stating that there would be a night-time group skydive event in memorial of a diver that went *splat* last year.

This flier also went on to describe that they would have Pyrotechnics attached and red/Blue lit suites (In order to avoid mid air collisions i suspect) My boyfriend also informed some drugged out raver that was having a nervous breakdown over this "UFO Experience" that we were simultaneously witnessing.

This was further confirmed when we rode our bikes out to tell the jumpers we appreciated the light show.

so uhmm, yeah. Maybe watch less X-Files.[/quote]

xanaxfairy

hey

Post by xanaxfairy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:52 am

Were you that guy at Entheon Village who also saw three angels appear and open the gateway to another realm? If not, someone else reported angel/alien sightings on the playa this year... trippy, huh?

AmericanFremin1

Post by AmericanFremin1 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 pm

[quote]Were you that guy at Entheon Village who also saw three angels appear and open the gateway to another realm? If not, someone else reported angel/alien sightings on the playa this year... trippy, huh?[/quote]

well, xanaxfairy, this 'sighting' wuz from 2007. and i wuz not the guy at entheon reporting about angels.

this year i think i discovered a formula to initiate a deeper form of contact: 7 hitz Hoffman medicine + psytrance x getting spooky = equal?

AmericanFremin1

Post by AmericanFremin1 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:15 pm

oh, BTW, i am the 'person' formerly known as 'Space Monk.'

i hav now become a warrior monk.

a fremin.

a magickal warrior-monk.

the cosmix jihad is coming soon to a planet near you.......

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:28 pm

I sure hope the media doesn't get ahold of this thread. It's an election year !!
don't forget to floss

AmericanFremin1

Post by AmericanFremin1 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:37 pm

~of course burningman, it's jst an art-brawl. an avant rave.

a 'me-me-me-mememmememeememeeeee' party in the hot/cold/dusty desert.

all this other stuff is a put on. a ruse. jst a party. we're normal consumers jst like you, joe/jane sixpack. jst.....like.....yooouuuuuuuu........~

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:41 pm

AmericanFremin1 wrote: a fremin.
Speakin of Fremin, has anybody ever made a Dune worm on the playa?

This would have been the year. That would be a great prank to pull on tourists and newbies: Walk your bike through the dunes so you don't disturb the worms. They're so endangered, nobody's ever seen one...

...well, a couple of guys have. And look at what happened to them...

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

bradtem
Burning Since: 1998

The tent on monday

Post by bradtem » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:04 pm

The best UFO was that tent that was up at 400 feet going over the city during the first-day windstorm. A lot of us wondered if it wasn't a prank, some balloon shaped like a tent, but word was that it was indeed some pour soul's tent.

Return to “Stories”