HEY GUESS WHAT? WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
scruffyboy

HEY GUESS WHAT? WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP

Post by scruffyboy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:11 pm

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP AFTER ALL YOUR SORRY ASSES!

What is it about "pack it in, pack it out" that you fuckwads don't seem to understand?

And oh yeah that *special* camp that decided to just up and leave all manner of filth? (you know who YOU are) Don't even THINK of trying to register your camp next year! If you do manage to somehow sneak on in next year you can expect a few visits from some of our more unruly DPW crew ASSHOLES! WE know who you are too!! YOUR PARTICULAR DISASTER AREA WILL NOT SOON BE FORGOTTEN ,CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE SET A NEW ALL TIME LOW Wouldn't be surprised if pics of your disaster area aren't already circulating. And you boneheads wonder why DPW gives you shit? WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP AFTER ALL YOU RETARDED LOW LIFES!

Let me spell it out for you it's really very simple:

If you bring it in TAKE IT BACK OUT WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE! ALL OF IT! AND DON'T FUCKING DROP IT OFF BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD EITHER, TAKE IT ALL THE WAY HOME WITH YOU YOU MISERABLE LOW LIFE FUCKWAD! LEAVE YOUR CAMPSITE AS CLEAN OR CLEANER THEN WHEN YOU ARRIVED, PICK SHIT UP EVEN IF IT ISN'T YOURS!
Now what in the fuck is so damn hard about that?

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:18 pm

What is it about "pack it in, pack it out" that you fuckwads don't seem to understand?
Oh fuck, here we go with the annual us/them whinge fest starring the self-righteous DPW newbie.

So yeah dude, it sucks. There's MOOP on the playa just like there's always been. If you are out there cleaning up because its a good idea (and it is) then maybe tone your self-righteousness down a notch or two.

If you're on the post-event payroll then what the fuck are you yammering about?

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Re: HEY GUESS WHAT? WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP

Post by mdmf007 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:23 pm

scruffyboy wrote:YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP AFTER ALL YOUR SORRY ASSES!

And oh yeah that *special* camp that decided to just up and leave all manner of filth? (you know who YOU are) Don't even THINK of trying to register your camp next year! If you do manage to somehow sneak on in next year you can expect a few visits from some of our more unruly DPW crew ASSHOLES! WE know who you are too!! YOUR PARTICULAR DISASTER AREA WILL NOT SOON BE FORGOTTEN ,CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE SET A NEW ALL TIME LOW Wouldn't be surprised if pics of your disaster area aren't already circulating. And you boneheads wonder why DPW gives you shit? WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP AFTER ALL YOU RETARDED LOW LIFES!

If you bring it in TAKE IT BACK OUT WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE! ALL OF IT! AND DON'T FUCKING DROP IT OFF BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD EITHER, TAKE IT ALL THE WAY HOME WITH YOU YOU MISERABLE LOW LIFE FUCKWAD! LEAVE YOUR CAMPSITE AS CLEAN OR CLEANER THEN WHEN YOU ARRIVED, PICK SHIT UP EVEN IF IT ISN'T YOURS!
wow... who made you the spokesman for BMMORG? I really hope you tone down your press release. Nice to throw the threat of a "DPW" Assault in there.

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Over the top MOOPing camps deserve to be outed for public humiliation. If you really want to make an impact post some damn pix...surely someone's got a camera out there and we know you've got internet connectivity. So don't tell us. Show us.

All that being said, paid or not, thanks for being out there.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Liz Estrada

Post by Liz Estrada » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:54 pm

name names.
"larry was better"

weirdscience

Re: HEY GUESS WHAT? WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP

Post by weirdscience » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 pm

scruffyboy wrote:YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE STILL OUT HERE CLEANING UP AFTER ALL YOUR SORRY ASSES!

if you so pissed off show pictures name names so next year we know who to bitch at and who to beat on ... also like i always say ONE ASSHOLE HAS TO RUIN IT FOR THE WHOLE GROUP NOW DOESNT HE!
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .

Edana

Post by Edana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks for being out there and doing the dirty work. But honestly, not all of us (I'd hazard to say most of us) are great at not leaving a mess. Just becuase there are some idiots doesn't mean everyone there was an idiot.

We packed out more crap than we brought with us, thank you very much. Including some plastic that looked like it had been buried in years past. It came up with one of our tent stakes.

And I agree, name names, post pics. The offenders deserve to be shamed. But give those of us who do do our part a little credit too!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Is DPW out there, now, a paying job?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

FireShaman
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Pillow Punch

Post by FireShaman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 pm

as far as I know DPW pays what it always has; food, beer and enough cash to take a bus home

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:17 pm

Isotopia wrote:
Oh fuck, here we go with the annual us/them whinge fest starring the self-righteous DPW newbie.

So yeah dude, it sucks. There's MOOP on the playa just like there's always been. If you are out there cleaning up because its a good idea (and it is) then maybe tone your self-righteousness down a notch or two.

If you're on the post-event payroll then what the fuck are you yammering about?
I agree.

JK

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:13 am

If it doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it. Of course there's moop on the playa. Yes, it's there every year. I seem to remember seeing an unusual amount of trash, picked it up a lot, saw lots of folks walk right by it. Was this year worse? Maybe what he's trying to say.

'Course yelling at us here might not be the best thing. We're the good guys.

Right?
\^/
/..\ Furthur

cahlm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Geodesia

Post by cahlm » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:43 am

FireShaman wrote:as far as I know DPW pays what it always has; food, beer and enough cash to take a bus home
A good friend of mine worked out there for years, minus the last two. I recall her receiving a check.

buckycat

Post by buckycat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:19 pm

From what I've heard, some DPW cleanup folks get a check, but it works out to minimum wage or less. I don't think anyDPWbody is getting rich out there on the playa.

As the last one to leave my camp this year, I dealt with a few hundred pounds of stuff (gear, food waste, lumber, clean water, graywater, a watermelon, etc....) that was not brought out nor generated by me. At times that bugged me, and made me want to lecture the universe, as the OP of this thread. When I feel like that, I view it as an opportunity to take a breath, "let go," and contribute my effort to the overall cause.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 pm

What do they say when you join DPW? "Oh, yeah, and you'll be cleaning up everyone's MOOP for a month after the event".

And you say "Okay, cool".

So buncha sympathy, pal. ;)

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:01 pm

buckycat wrote:At times that bugged me, and made me want to lecture the universe, as the OP of this thread. When I feel like that, I view it as an opportunity to take a breath, "let go," and contribute my effort to the overall cause.

Because free beer and boobs are SOOO worth it.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Hey Scruffy, while your down there picking stuff UP.. LICK MY BOOTS YOU FECKING DPW DIRT BAG!!

< figured I'd try & pick up some DPW lingo before 2011 >
don't forget to floss

Sic Pup

Post by Sic Pup » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:55 pm

I also did my share of picking up/taking other peoples moop with me and hate the generalization of the OP, that said, as a virgin my experience with DPW has been nothing but positive.

One of my campmates was dating a DPW worker and he offered to get us some ice gratis. I met him at CampArctica and sure enough he dropped a six-pack into my crudely-zip-tied-plastic-milk-crate pseduo basket on my bike. Although the zip ties held fine the plastic cracked a little at one of the stress points and he was falling over himself apologetic that he broke my bike. It was still servicable (besides I had a spare at camp) so it really was no big deal, I was just grateful for his generousity (although I did sense a few scowls as I got off the line and he gifted me prior to sales opening). I had opening day ice duty only but I'm pretty sure he iced us up later in the week as well.

My other interactions with DPW were once when I gifted a bottle of top shelf vodka and the other when I dropped off all my unused food/beer upon exit, needless to say those were positive experiences as well, very appreciative folk.

Of course, I missed the parade and never fail to thank ANY volunteer for all they/we do.

I guess my point is we're just as guilty as the OP if we paint DPW with the same broad brush.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Will some one please just give scruffyboy a basin of hot water and a razor so he can clean up and go home?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Scruffy: drink some fuckin' water!

Homiesinheaven

Post by Homiesinheaven » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:45 pm

hey look, DPW sounds the same online as they do on the playa. nice SLOPPY DRUNK ASS CAPS LOCK EFFECT YOU PISS SMELLING DICKNOSE!

oh, and thanks for everything. we love you!

cahlm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Geodesia

Post by cahlm » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Yeah, they don't make much money, but they are still getting paid. Does this dude think that 50,000+ people are really going to "leave no trace?" In a perfect world, maybe. Obviously he didn't know what he was signing up for. Now drink those 5 cases of booze I left for you and don't sign up next year.

Just sayin...

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 pm

FUCK YER DAY YOU DPW ASSCLOWN !!!

You are already riding on coat tails as it is and you come on here whining about having to bend over?

No more Jameson or cocaine for you !!!

Now shut the Fuck up and suck it....and hold my beer for a minute, will ya?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

bluesbob
Camp Name: AV

Post by bluesbob » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 am

OK I admit...I peed on the playa.

teardropper
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 am

Yeah, my experience with DPW has not been all positive, had one try to fight me OUTSIDE Thunderdome. Jeez.

But I think the playa was in particularly bad shape this year. Hard to defend this cap lock shouting dude. So I won't. But maybe, maybe in his DPW way, he's trying to tell us things were worse this year.

'Course he might be just an asshole.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am

I'm sure MOOP was worse this year because there were more people this year. Based on nothing more than a hunch and generalization, I suspect most of the MOOP was left by newbies and weekenders instead of the people who frequent ePlaya. So shouting at us for MOOP we most likely did not contribute to is a just stoopid. I also suspect scruffy's post had little to do with MOOP and more with an existentialist crisis faced by a dehydrated 57 year old man from Key West.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:39 am

Where did scruffyboy go? Did he just drop a bomb then split?

For someone whose eplaya name is all in lower-case, he sure uses a lot of CAPS. Do DPW people talk in ALL CAPS? :lol:

LostinReno

Post by LostinReno » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Where did scruffyboy go? Did he just drop a bomb then split?

For someone whose eplaya name is all in lower-case, he sure uses a lot of CAPS. Do DPW people talk in ALL CAPS? :lol:
Someone took away his megaphone. 8)

Sail Man
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:45 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Where did scruffyboy go? Did he just drop a bomb then split?

Maybe it's a requirement to join dpw that they have to leave their inside voice home when they go out to the playa. :roll:

Either that or the lack of water has shriveled up his testicles and he needs to raise his voice to be heard at all. :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:22 am

>> y-a-w-n <<

Question - Who the fuck is this whining, sniveling ScruffyBwahhh???

Remember the OLD DPW - no whining, no sniveling. You took care of shit, you sucjked it up, and fucking did earth guardian shit because it was a fucking HONOR to be able to hang on playa for that extra month.

WTF - you KNEW what you signed up for. You don't like it now - grow the fuck up or bail the fuck out.

Sorry... I hear some Attitudinally-overendowed indignant indigent like that, I wonder if they really IS DPW or some sock stirring up shit... Serious.

No PBR for YOU. No more free smokes, either.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 am

Hey, maybe he already ran out of free cigarettes and is going through smokopaus.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “Stories”