Where can I purchase a pee funnel?

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Discuss cleanup tips. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.
wrong trousers

Where can I purchase a pee funnel?

Postby wrong trousers » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:50 pm

So, I'm a chick, & I want to pee in a jug during the night instead of shuffling to the port-a-potty.

Where can I buy a funnel (or do they come in a package of disposable ones? I've not ever seen one)?

(I did a search on this btw, but didn't find an answer)

The last year I went I used a paint bucket to piddle in at night. OMG how that thing STANK come morning time. I'd take the lid off & gag whilst urinating. It was barely usable. I imagine that maybe using just a milk jug thing will be better perhaps- smaller opening, pee is further away (deeper in the container) from me. I dunno. Does everyone else just gag through their urinating? Or maybe I just have extra stanky pee.

Thank you!

Silver 2

Postby Silver 2 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:13 pm

Why a guy responds I don''t know, but here you go

http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html

Also, a friend of mine and I were discussing this the other day; she is out in the boonies a lot and she said that Gatoraid bottles were the best. In a post in the FAQ's thread I suggested a wide mouth funnel in a bottle, mainly because that is what another friend said she used.
I like playing with fire.

MissNev

Postby MissNev » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:46 pm

I saw something like that at Twin City Surplus in Reno. If you are going to the playa relatively early in the week, you should stop by Pee Funnel Camp (and say hello to Paul). They give out a couple hundred of them each year. They should be listed on the events calendar, but maybe not. Ask around out there.

Fat SAM

Postby Fat SAM » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:17 pm

If you go to Wal - Mart and look around in the automotive department for a funnel with a long, thin spout and a biased top, you'll have a great pee funnel. That's what we've got and it cost somewhere in the neighborhood of a buck.

Please look at my "emergency" post under "General Discussion" Very important and we need help. Please.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

Blonde Iguana

Postby Blonde Iguana » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:45 am

Someone told me you could get pee funnels at Rite-Aid. Female truckers use them.
How we live each day is, of course, how we live our lives.

Jp

Postby Jp » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:19 pm

www.shenis.com has quite a selection.

curlee

SwitchbladeButterfly

pee bucket

Postby SwitchbladeButterfly » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:27 pm

As far as the bucket thing- someone suggested lining it with plastic and putting a bunch of cat litter in it- she said she used (and kept) it in her van, and never had a problem with the smell.

diggum

Postby diggum » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:09 pm

my wife made one back in 2000 that worked great - she's gifted a few to others. Just a plastic dixie beep cup and a little duct tape, and the ShePee saved many a girl in them sanicans.

Burp!

Postby Burp! » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:44 pm

Last year there was a Pee Funnel Camp. Might check around to see if they will be back. My wife is a convert. Never saw someone so happy to pee. Voice from inside the porta potty "Hey look at me I'm a standing and a peeing! Wooohooo!"

NF

Icepack

Postby Icepack » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:29 pm

Try camping supply stores like EMS, Campmor (mail order), etc. I almost bought one myself but didn't. We went full out for a private portapotty. Not sure where we will put it as we don't have a private shelter for it, but for emergencies, it will do. Not a cheap solution, but possibly a long-term multi-year solution. For a couple of bucks I did buy the toilet seat liners that you can buy at camping places and Megamarts etc. That will be worth a little piece of mind anyway when using the regular portapotties.

I've seen people using 5 gallon buckets with toilet seats on them too. At the end of the week you seal it with a super-sealing lid that will never come off and toss it in the Fernley Transfer station. I think you put cat litter in the bucket a little each time you use it. And keep the lid closed when not in use!

Paint/automotive funnel and a jug is probably your cheapest solution if you have steady hands and aren't skidish about being that closely in contact with the whole process.

Fat SAM

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:35 pm

I'm telling you, just go get a thin funnel from Walmart. It's great. You can pee standing in the port a potty if you want or you can stick the spout into a thin nexk bottle to prevent spillage or splashy splashy...It's the way to go. And like I said - it's a buck.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

Stormy

Postby Stormy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:57 pm

Blonde Iguana wrote:Someone told me you could get pee funnels at Rite-Aid. Female truckers use them.

Rite-Aid? Cool, will check.
Be the change you seek in the world.

theBrooke

Postby theBrooke » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:42 pm

http://travelmateinfo.com/

O the humanity! I can pee standing up even... These work great bought a bunch and have been "practicing" for a bit. Did my first full run (read drunk fully clothed) aaaaaaaand lets just say results weren't as good as projected.

:lol:

No seriously, if you aren't trashed easy to use fully clothed standing up, in a tent nekkid? Eeeeeeeasy.

B.
=(*o*)=(^-^)=(º0º)=(*.*)=(^_^)=(*_*)=

theBrooke

Postby theBrooke » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:44 pm

oops should have read other replies first, already mentioned.

Btw, I pee in an empty wetones container, then take it to the potty in the morning. Works.
=(*o*)=(^-^)=(º0º)=(*.*)=(^_^)=(*_*)=

darkskab

Postby darkskab » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:34 am

I know who you are, theBrooke. Do you know who I am? hint: phone tag sucks.

Blonde Iguana

Postby Blonde Iguana » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:12 am

I noticed quite a selection of pee funnels at REI in Seattle.
How we live each day is, of course, how we live our lives.

eatnobeef

Yellow Nalgene!

Postby eatnobeef » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:12 pm

I'm all about the yellow Nalgene bottle this year. I'll write PEE on it with electrical tape in big letters so no one gulps the contents! It's got a big mouth and I can carry it easily and dump it in the potty when through.

WAA-LAA!

Happy pissing ;)

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:00 pm

a note to the gals... if you're experiencing the wonders of peeing while standing for the first time may I suggest you practice first in the safety of your own shower.

this will allow you to adjust to your new pee-funnel friend and not dribble into your fabulous fake fur pants (no fun).
It's all about the squirrels.

Stormy

Postby Stormy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:05 pm

this will allow you to adjust to your new pee-funnel friend and not dribble into your fabulous fake fur pants (no fun).

:shock: Good thinking. Thanks for the advice!
Be the change you seek in the world.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:58 pm

bumb--as teh question has been asked again
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

phil

Postby phil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:32 pm

Lydia Love wrote:...
and not dribble into your fabulous fake fur pants (no fun).

Wrong trousers, I guess?

Katie1207

Pee Funnel

Postby Katie1207 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:24 pm

OK, I realize this is a bit late to reply, but for those of you who still want an answer, PepBoys sells the "PortaJohn" a disposable chamber pot. They're like $5 for a two or three-pack.

Return to “Leave No Trace”