"It's news to me!"

All things outside of Burning Man.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: "It's news to me!"

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:56 am

so many tankers filled with oil, and no place to go...

5DF1730D-4FB2-4121-9308-574B06B1EF56.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:40 am

Miura-7 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:27 am
South Carolina is not open for business. Unlike Georgia Governor Henry McMaster errs on the side of caution. Cases per million 107/3 compared to twice that in Georgia. So when I'm not delivering or cooking, in the restaurant I work at, I'll continue to sanitize and repair. Saturday I was scraping chewing gum off the dining room tables. FYI !!! Please make your Rug-Rats spit their gum out in the toilet!!! "For Obvious Reasons!"
Fixed that for you. :)
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:44 am

Total deaths in seven states that have been hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic are nearly 50 percent higher than normal for the five weeks from March 8 through April 11, according to new death statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is 9,000 more deaths than were reported as of April 11 in official counts of deaths from the coronavirus.

The new data is partial and most likely undercounts the recent death toll significantly. But it still illustrates how the coronavirus is causing a surge in deaths in the places it has struck, probably killing more people than the reported statistics capture. These increases belie arguments that the virus is only killing people who would have died anyway from other causes. Instead, the virus has brought a pattern of deaths unlike anything seen in recent years.

If you look at the provisional deaths from all causes, death counts in New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Massachusetts, Illinois, Maryland and Colorado have spiked far above their normal levels for the period. In New York City, the home of the biggest outbreak, the number of deaths over this period is more than three times the normal number. (Recent data suggests it could have reached six times higher than normal.)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... total.html
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:21 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:44 am
Total deaths in seven states that have been hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic are nearly 50 percent higher than normal for the five weeks from March 8 through April 11, according to new death statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is 9,000 more deaths than were reported as of April 11 in official counts of deaths from the coronavirus...
This jump in deaths significantly above averages is not limited to the U.S.. It's turning up in a number of areas around the world. Researchers are saying the global numbers suggest that the actual Global Covid Deaths could be double or triple the current Global Deaths number. Plus additional deaths due to the Covid-19 crisis but not of the disease, due to people:
- unable to access their usual health care, or
- afraid to access their usual health care so they delay, resulting in an increase in fatal outcomes.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Fri May 01, 2020 8:59 am

05_01_20_8afc44512c74d7211f10c753a268fc36.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 am

NEJM Use of Commercial Disinfectants to Treat Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) through Oral Administration of Subdermal Injection
NEJM - Use of Commercial Disenfectants to Treat Novel Coronavirus.jpg
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue May 05, 2020 9:28 am

Dozens of paving stones made from Jewish headstones have been found during redevelopment work in Prague’s tourist district, confirming speculation that the former communist regime raided synagogues and graveyards for building materials. ...
Rabbi Chaim Kočí, a senior official with the Prague rabbinate, witnessed workers unearthing cobblestones whose undersides revealed Hebrew lettering, the star of David and deceased dates. Other stones were blank but had polished surfaces that indicated they had also been taken from cemeteries.
Jewish leaders hailed the unearthing as proof of long-held suspicions that the communist authorities – who ruled the former Czechoslovakia for more than four decades during the cold war – had taken stonework from Jewish burial sites for a much-vaunted pedestrianisation of Wenceslas Square during the 1980s. ...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ve-streets

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat May 09, 2020 11:39 am

COVID-19 worries that if its forced to be around Stephen Miller “and his ilk” for too long, it might start internalizing some of the hatred and bigotry that is Miller’s hallmark. The coronavirus “just wants to make people sick,” it doesn’t want to be racist and ignorant while doing so, it said. There are “respectable ways to conduct yourself” when you’re a virus, COVID-19 insisted.

https://www.alternativelyfacts.com/coro ... en-miller/
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue May 12, 2020 11:40 am

... a high-ranking police official requested a list of all Jews in the western city of Kolomyya.
The request was reportedly made to the head of Kolomyya’s Jewish community, Jacob Zalichker, on 18 February. ... He said: “Ukraine’s National Police department demanded from the Jewish community of Kolommya to provide police the list of all Jews with addresses and mobile phones and Jewish students in universities with addresses and phones.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 10126.html

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:46 am

What the actual fuck ^^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sat May 16, 2020 2:05 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:46 am
What the actual fuck ^^^
There's more.
Security has been stepped in Bosnia-Herzegovina's capital Sarajevo ahead of a Mass to honour Croatia's Nazi collaborators in World War Two.

The annual event, usually held in Austria at the site of the Croatia's pro-Nazi Ustasha regime's last stand in the town of Bleiburg, was moved to Bosnia because of coronavirus restrictions.
The fascist Ustasha regime ruled Croatia as a puppet regime of Nazi Germany from 1941 to 1945, their country having been expanded to include all of Bosnia and some parts of Serbia. During that period, they set about exterminating the Serb, Jewish, and Gypsy inhabitants. ...

the Mass was condemned by Sarajevo's mayor, the president of Croatia, and the World Jewish Congress. The Nazi-hunting Simon Wiesenthal Center described the event as a "travesty of memory and justice". ...
TRIGGER ALERT: article contains photos of period executions.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52692097

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 am

“Every Soldier and Department of the Army Civilian swears an oath to support and defend the Constitution. That includes the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. “

https://www.army.mil/article/236158/mes ... uthorities
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:18 am

C3722A00-7A97-458A-B0CC-0AC15E56AB96.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:56 pm

Welcome to the First Global Economic Depression of Our Lifetimes
Technically, there’s no official definition of the term “depression.” But compared to a “recession” (defined as two consecutive quarters of contracting economic growth), there are some general rules we can apply—depressions are global, much worse than typical recessions, and their impact on both the economy and society last far longer.

Simon of the Playa

Re: "It's fox news to me!"

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:38 am

because some watery tart threw a sword at you?

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-falls-m ... 43065.html
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:38 am
because some watery tart threw a sword at you?

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-falls-m ... 43065.html
Long may she wave.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:24 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:32 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:32 pm

some seeing eye wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 am
Andres Guardado, 18, Los Angeles, is part of the family of a burner friend here. Investigation underway.
  • ... two officers from the Compton Sherrif's station ... were reportedly out on patrol when they saw Guardado talking to someone in a car blocking a driveway, so they stopped their vehicle. Police say that Guardado ran away and allegedly produced a firearm at some point in the chase, although this is disputed by several sources.
  • Store-owner Andrew Heney stated that Guardado "got down on his knees and surrendered with his hands behind his head but was still shot seven times in the back."
  • "I turned around and saw two male white officers running up into the body shop where not even less than a second later I heard rapid gunshots, about four to five shots fired never heard them say ‘freeze’. I never once heard them say 'stop.' Nothing like that."
  • The deputies reportedly were not wearing body cameras. Lt. Charles Calderaro stated that police "are hoping to find surveillance video from nearby businesses."
  • Police reportedly destroyed several cameras at the scene and took possession of the DVR that stored footage filmed by the surveillance cameras. In an interview, Heney stated that the police "illegally got into everything, then they had the place locked down and then they got the warrant."
  • Congresswomen Nanette Diaz Barragan and Maxine Waters called upon Xavier Becerra, the Attorney General of California, to conduct a full independent investigation into the shooting.
  • Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva spoke out against conducting an independent investigation, stating "that the attorney general's office did not have the resources to investigate every shooting."
According to the Manager, Andrew Haney, Andres was talking to a couple girls in their car when Sheriff’s drew guns, pursued, and killed Andres. Here’s him breaking it down.
twitter.com/el_tragon_de_LA/status/1274136229970206720

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Canoe wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:32 pm
some seeing eye wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 am
Andres Guardado, 18, Los Angeles, is part of the family of a burner friend here. Investigation underway.
  • ... two officers from the Compton Sherrif's station ... were reportedly out on patrol when they saw Guardado talking to someone in a car blocking a driveway, so they stopped their vehicle. Police say that Guardado ran away and allegedly produced a firearm at some point in the chase, although this is disputed by several sources.
  • Store-owner Andrew Heney stated that Guardado "got down on his knees and surrendered with his hands behind his head but was still shot seven times in the back."
  • "I turned around and saw two male white officers running up into the body shop where not even less than a second later I heard rapid gunshots, about four to five shots fired never heard them say ‘freeze’. I never once heard them say 'stop.' Nothing like that."
  • The deputies reportedly were not wearing body cameras. Lt. Charles Calderaro stated that police "are hoping to find surveillance video from nearby businesses."
  • Police reportedly destroyed several cameras at the scene and took possession of the DVR that stored footage filmed by the surveillance cameras. In an interview, Heney stated that the police "illegally got into everything, then they had the place locked down and then they got the warrant."
  • Congresswomen Nanette Diaz Barragan and Maxine Waters called upon Xavier Becerra, the Attorney General of California, to conduct a full independent investigation into the shooting.
  • Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva spoke out against conducting an independent investigation, stating "that the attorney general's office did not have the resources to investigate every shooting."
According to the Manager, Andrew Haney, Andres was talking to a couple girls in their car when Sheriff’s drew guns, pursued, and killed Andres. Here’s him breaking it down.
twitter.com/el_tragon_de_LA/status/1274136229970206720
Fucking dirty ass pricks and those that cover up. ACAB
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:58 pm

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06 ... sters.html
includes
A march on Sunday responding to the killing of Andres Guardado — an 18-year-old who was shot several times on Thursday while fleeing Los Angeles County sheriff deputies — saw dozens of protesters trek nearly four miles from Gardena, where Guardado died, to a sheriff’s station in Compton; they were ordered to disperse, and as they did, officers unleashed tear gas and fired rubber bullets into the retreating crowd. “They just wouldn’t stop shooting,” one protester told CNN.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:52 am

Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Stronger than usual seasonal Sahara dust storm headed to the US

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/saharan-du ... ed-states/
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa

Re: "It's not really news to me, we saw this coming...

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:06 am

The big picture: The U.S. today is getting closer to the worst-case scenario envisioned in the spring — a nationwide crisis, made worse by a vacuum of political leadership, threatening to overwhelm hospitals and spread out of control.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-surge ... f2c95.html
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Re: "It's good news to me!"

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:03 am

“The coronavirus is spreading too rapidly and too broadly for the U.S. to get it under control as some other countries have”, Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/cdc-say ... untry.html
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:07 am

Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 am
BE LIKE BATMAN.

https://www.mercurynews.com/in-san-jose ... e-homeless
I decided to be like Telly Savalas.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:07 am
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 am
BE LIKE BATMAN.

https://www.mercurynews.com/in-san-jose ... e-homeless

I decided to be like Telly Savalas.

im ok with that...

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:24 am

A recent study from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology found that the actual number of coronavirus cases and deaths linked to the disease may be widely underreported.

The 57-page paper, authored by researchers at the Sloan School of Management and released publicly last week, claimed that confirmed patients with COVID-19 and fatalities resulting from the viral respiratory infection through June 18 were 11.8 and 1.48 times higher, respectively, than official reports.

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/20 ... -says.html
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 am

Hundreds arrested as crime chat network cracked
  • The NCA worked with forces across Europe on the UK's "biggest and most significant" law enforcement operation. Major crime figures were among 746 Europe-wide arrests after messages on EncroChat were intercepted and decoded.
  • More than two tonnes of drugs, several dozen guns and £54m in suspect cash have been seized, says the NCA.
  • Many of those arrested are said to form the "middle tier" of crime gangs while some are described as the "Mr and Mrs Bigs" of the underworld.
  • users began to throw away their phones once the company became aware that messages were being intercepted - "but it was too late".
  • Lockdown "worked in our favour", says the agency, in that many more suspects were at home when they were raided.
www.bbc.com/news/uk-53263310

Return to “Open Discussion”