PANTYSTARTER -- Bring back the Tom Jones Panty Hut

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
fresh
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Re: PANTYSTARTER -- Bring back the Tom Jones Panty Hut

Post by fresh » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:11 am

CoffeeJunkie wrote:
fresh wrote: That is awesome CoffeeJunkie!!! Nice pic of Lt. Dan! Not sure when the first year actually was, and I know there was a passing of the guard at some point. Well now it is my vision. The only thing out of my control now are the panty walls. My friend Skatey Katey is *hopefully* handling that. She does need materials, so SEND US YOUR PANTIES. On Playa donations are. the best, so stop on by and see us in the Roller Disco! I am shooting for a happy hour 5ish on Thursday rightbefore the roller derby match.

Its too bad princess skipped town with the original walls, quite a masterpiece. And awesome pink pussycat! It definitely was at the cafe camp in 03. Here is a shoot from that years map that I found two nights ago, the first year we totally took over roller disco....
Princess Captain, Lt Dan, Mr Steve, Evil Ed, Skipper and the rest... ahh memories.

I am sure you guys will do the Hut justice. Best of luck getting back up and running. As far as the panties... "We can rebuild!" :D

Hopefully we will be back on the Playa in 2014 and stop by for some 0' dark 30 "What's new pussycat" and libations.

Awesome!! I don't know all of the people from those days, but the Skipper is one of the awesomest people on the planet!!!! Hope to see you out there some day!!! I am working on my TJ Bar which will feature a bunch of Tom photos and paraphenalia!!! You do get a bit tired of Tom after day 4 or so.
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Savannah wrote:
illy dilly wrote:
fresh wrote: Savannah, I will play any song that you would like to hear.. Anytime!!
Pussy Pussy Marijuana
by the Brazilian Girls
So I'm actually listening to that now, with my office door open about an inch. :lol:

[media]

It's possible that I will be visited by I.T. soon, due to the search terms I just entered into Youtube . . .

catchy tune :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

fresh

Post by fresh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Will post some photos soon of some of the contents, but for now we STILL NEED MORE PANTIES!!!! Our goal of two panels is far from being reached. Please donate and visit us in the roller disco for a drink on Friday at 5pm or any other time we are around. We are having a celebration for our burner friend Steph who just had double lung transplant surgery TODAY!!! Have a pink piggie, and don the pig nose and wings for a portrait with Tom!!!!!
Send to:

K. Philson
4319 Gilbert Street
Oakland, CA 94611
http://tjph.co
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:53 am

Are you take Donations on Playa?

Maybe save a bit of space on one of the panels for "Hang it your self"?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

fresh

Post by fresh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:50 am

illy dilly wrote:Are you take Donations on Playa?

Maybe save a bit of space on one of the panels for "Hang it your self"?
ABSOLUTELY!!!! In fact, on playa donations are more than encouraged!!! Come find us at the Roller Disco 7:30 and Esplanade!!!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:52 am

HOw do you feel about Daiso's Japanese Emergency Panties?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

fresh

Post by fresh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:54 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:HOw do you feel about Daiso's Japanese Emergency Panties?
Nipple wrote:What about women's drawers that were worn by a dude?

... I'm asking for a friend.

Both of these answered by Steph, our favorite piggie back in '01. Hope you can see this video, skip to 2:00 for her view on where the panties came from....

fresh

Post by fresh » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm

I know it is late, but a BIG SHOUT OUT to all of y'all who send in their panty donations!!! The panty hut was a success thanks to YOU! Our Pigs Can Fly Happy Hour in honor of our favorite TJ camper, Steph, went over well!! Thanks TomServo for showing up!! Next year will be even better.
tj-flat-sm.jpg

Return to “2013 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”