Liberty Headpiece

Stealth Empress
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: The Lost Lounge

Liberty Headpiece

Post by Stealth Empress » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm

This one of kind headpiece was designed by my dear friend DrewBird was worn for only an hour the night of the burn! I was on the Art car Christina as the man was burning I went to hug my friend and the headpiece flew off my head and landed inside the art car that is shaped like a boat, we all saw it but could not get to it immediately by the time I went to retrieve it, it was gone which was about 15 minutes later. If anyone found it and thought it was a gift from the Gods, it's not. I only ever got to wear it for an hour and it has deep sentimental value and $$$. Please email me or call me I will pay for shipping (310) 717•4324...Thank you in advance Stealth Empress
Attachments
head.jpg
here it is

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Re: Liberty Headpiece

Post by pink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 am

Full of moopy feathers. Damn I got sick & tired of picking up crap that could have flown off stuff like this.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 am

Feathers do tend to fly away. :?

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 am

Sorry you lost your super special headpiece. Moopy as it is. The main rule to remember about ANYTHING you bring to the playa, be ready for it to be ruined or lost.

I just don't understand why anyone would bring anything that has huge sentimental value out there, unless of course it's playa sentiment. Like my water bottle for example. It's just a plain Kleen Kantine. But it's hugely sentimental to me because it's been to the playa 5 times with me and is banged up and scratched. If I lost it, I would be sad, but I could easily go buy another. One of kind, rare, expensive items should always be left at home.
In dust we trust.

asr9754

Post by asr9754 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:41 am

Sad to hear about your loss of cool costumery on the playa, I've been there!

I've been seeing a lot of really nice elaborate feather gear in 2012 and 13, so much that I was a little envious and I went so far as to send a question to Bman Feedback about the "no feather" rule in the Survival Guide....I pasted the conversation below. Not trying to start a chain of snark, just sharing info.

<<<<We ask that people leave feathers at home, because it is often hard to tell whether your wonderful feather creation will MOOP when it gets to the playa. The high heat and extremely dry air really makes feathers quite brittle and even the best made items can fall apart. There will always be some people who will choose to bring feathered items, we hope that they remain conscious and put them away if they start to MOOP. It is impossible to catch them all at the gate.....>>>

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:08:37 -0700
Subject: Feathers on playa
To: feedback@burningman.com

I know the survival guide says "No feathers" and I have adhered to this rule for both of my burns (2012 +13). But both years I've seen elaborate (and *beautiful*) feather headgear and costumery, much of it high-quality and stable, appearing less moopy than many other plasticky, tassels, or beaded costumes that are not specifically "banned" in the survival guide. I 100% agree that crappy feather boas and loose feathers are a moop disaster, but perhaps it's time to modify or clarify the official feather policy. If feathers are large and securely fastened to art or clothing, are they allowed? Or is it a zero-tolerance feather policy? Thank you, Prowler.

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:56 am

asr9754 wrote:Sad to hear about your loss of cool costumery on the playa, I've been there!

I've been seeing a lot of really nice elaborate feather gear in 2012 and 13, so much that I was a little envious and I went so far as to send a question to Bman Feedback about the "no feather" rule in the Survival Guide....I pasted the conversation below. Not trying to start a chain of snark, just sharing info.

<<<<We ask that people leave feathers at home, because it is often hard to tell whether your wonderful feather creation will MOOP when it gets to the playa. The high heat and extremely dry air really makes feathers quite brittle and even the best made items can fall apart. There will always be some people who will choose to bring feathered items, we hope that they remain conscious and put them away if they start to MOOP. It is impossible to catch them all at the gate.....>>>

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:08:37 -0700
Subject: Feathers on playa
To: feedback@burningman.com

I know the survival guide says "No feathers" and I have adhered to this rule for both of my burns (2012 +13). But both years I've seen elaborate (and *beautiful*) feather headgear and costumery, much of it high-quality and stable, appearing less moopy than many other plasticky, tassels, or beaded costumes that are not specifically "banned" in the survival guide. I 100% agree that crappy feather boas and loose feathers are a moop disaster, but perhaps it's time to modify or clarify the official feather policy. If feathers are large and securely fastened to art or clothing, are they allowed? Or is it a zero-tolerance feather policy? Thank you, Prowler.

I was at the Ashram Friday night and a woman from New York had a black feathered head piece. She wasn't wearing it, but carrying it around. She held it up proudly and exclaimed that she got it for a good price. I mentioned that feathers are moopy and she *laughed* and said "I know, but isn't it pretty?!" "Pretty moopy" I replied. She quietly put it next her on the seat. About 5 minutes later a black feather was on the ground. 10 minutes later another on the couch.

I say BAN all feathers and take them away from people when they are found. Seriously. The people wearing them, moopy or not, are not setting a good example. On yesterday's BM blog post there were pictures of feathers melted into the playa. If you think your feathers are any more special than any one else's, newsflash, they aren't. Anyone wearing feathers OF ANY KIND is an egotistical bitch/prick. /end of rant.
In dust we trust.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

I think I found it.

Burning MOOPING since 2000.......Really? Really????
Attachments
Moophead.png
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 am

Forgive me Trilo, I know the MOOP map is not to be used for shaming, but I just couldn't resist.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who was thinking it.

As far as feathered headgear goes it looks less moopy than some, but still you should know better.

Less > none, none is the goal.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

Return to “Lost Clothing”