Newbie British burners looking for 2 to join our RV :-)

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
BlazeUK
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Gorgeous Idiots

Newbie British burners looking for 2 to join our RV :-)

Post by BlazeUK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi all,

My friend and I are both newbie burners, we are both from London but my friend lives in Seattle.

We are both 25 year old fun loving guys and looking to meet guys or girls to share the RV and our first burning man with! We are planning to camp with 2 other friends from London (who are sharing a tent) and in a camp called the 'Gorgeous Idiots' (yes tea and biscuits are provided)

We have our eyes on a Class A RV that costs just under $3000 for the 29th August - 8th September, technically it sleeps 4 adults + 2 kids but we were thinking we would keep it to 4 people so about $750 for the whole time.
We are picking it up in San Fran on the 29th and driving it up going past a big wallmart to pick up supplies etc. On the 8th my friend will be driving it back to San Fran so can ride back or we can drop in Reno etc. Price includes generator usage and GPS, we might have to pay a cleaning fee after I am trying to figure it out still.

Obviously we are quite close now so please get in touch ASAP if you are interested :)

Cheers,
Danny

dollface
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Genital Portrait Studio

Re: Newbie British burners looking for 2 to join our RV :-)

Post by dollface » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Are tea & biscuits a public part of your camp? I don't half fancy a nice digestive and a cup of Yorkshire Gold around midweek, if you're up for it - or one could bring PG Tips :coffee:

BlazeUK

Post by BlazeUK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:41 pm

dollface wrote:Are tea & biscuits a public part of your camp? I don't half fancy a nice digestive and a cup of Yorkshire Gold around midweek, if you're up for it - or one could bring PG Tips :coffee:
I hadnt planned to bring English tea, was just using it as a bribe but now that you mention it maybe we should bring some earl grey and PG Tip's its the best thing ever in the morning with a hangover :mrgreen: Your welcome to come for a cup but I have no idea where our camp will be at the moment, I dont think its extravagant enough to have a spot near the middle but i'll try and find out and let you know!

I have never been before so im kindof staying out of any major planning lol

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:56 pm

That would be a great kind of informal thing to do; have a proper British tea for your neighbors, maybe put a sign out. 4pm of course!

For a cream tea, I'd come find you wherever you are!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Hate to say this, but tea is shite brewed on the playa. Too high, arid and dusty. Bring bovril.and I am gasping for a speckled hen
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:56 am

Nudged over to Share Resources, where the RV/ride shares live.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:08 am

Do search eplaya on various threads offering advice on how to survive sharing an RV with other on the playa.
(like using porta-potties when possible, showers: wet-water/soap-water-off/fast-rinse-water; not washing dishes with the RV water supply, especially with running the water throughout!!!)

And on using an RV on-playa.
Like getting only potable water for filling the RV's water tank, but not relying upon drinking that water as you have no guarantee that others before you did the same.
How to not trash/dirty your interior so you can avoid that cleaning fee (sometimes, $1,000). How to get it to survive the heat. Costs of running generator hours, miles, etc., and does it have a shutoff when gen using RV gas, such that the gen doesn't run you out of gas. And many more...

Search eplaya (using google)

p.s.
Get your water in Reno, Fernley (possibly Gerlach - unclear on their hours this year), so you're not hauling high weight the whole way.
Walmarts (and many other stores) in Reno are familiar, and stock, items that Burners need. I believe they sell more for Burning Man than they do for Xmas.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

BlazeUK

Post by BlazeUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:59 am

thanks for the vice guys and girls, still have the 2 spots if anyone is interested!

Jack Plotnick
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Jack Plotnick » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:04 pm

I am very interested in staying in your RV. :-D
My name is Jack. I'm an actor/director living in LA. I am a friendly, low-key and conscientious 46 year old gay guy.
It'll my 2nd time and I really focus on the nighttime activities, as I'm not a fan of the sun and heat. My plan is to sleep in the RV from around 4am-11am everyday. Other than that, I'll be out and about exploring.
I would love to chat and hear more about your RV and camp. Is there a way we could do that?

BlazeUK

Post by BlazeUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Jack, its possible but we need atleast 2 people (bringing the total to 4) to make the costs reasonable ideally.

BlazeUK

Post by BlazeUK » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 pm

bumping this up :D :o :)

Return to “2015 Share Resources”