rebecca fuller

doug_b_white
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camps Contact n Gaylactic

rebecca fuller

Post by doug_b_white » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:50 pm

I am trying to find my friend rebecca fuller, she is in a white geo tracker with a black roof rack on it and was heading to camp contact. She's short, dark hair, mid 50's.
she may have gotten dehydrated or is having too much fun. My name is doug white, and I am not at BM but will have to fly up to reno if I can't locate her. my cell is 310 717-9265.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: rebecca fuller

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:16 pm

I've never heard of someone going completely missing, driving to the event, once through the gate or driving home. But because of cell phone service being spotty and people encouraged to put their phone on airplane mode or shut it off the whole week, the chance of reaching them until after they leave is slim to none.

So not hearing from someone at the event for the week is normal.

Just send a text, and it will be picked up by the phone once they are nearer civilization. Even if a rare some one had some kind of medical or even psychic emergency, at the event or traveling, it will be taken care of. And Contact, part of Nectar is a close knit camp. They will be fine even if they just met some new friends and changed campsites. (Or ran off with the circus - just kidding!)

No need to worry!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

doug_b_white

Post by doug_b_white » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:51 pm

no, their is a lot of reason to worry, Rebecca got into BM in exchange for being in charge of removing two vehicles I rented to people from Gaylactic. She also got paid a lot of money for her help (like over $50/hr), and the people who rented the vehicles have only one driver, for the camper, and their are 3 vehicles, an rv with 560 watts of solar on it and all the controllers, wires, etc to got with that; which Rebecca is supposed to drive out (she has a class A lic), my Geo Tracker that she drove in and a camper/pu which is set up to tow the geo. And the people at Gaylactic have been talking to me via cell through bm about little glitches with the solar, generators, how to check water levels, etc. And Rebecca knows they can call out if her phone can't, and, of course, they want to leave now, and this non-contact isn't like Rebecca, so she could be sick, or ?, hopefully just over-served by new friends. In any case, I don't want to have either a friend who needs help stuck, or one of my vehicles left on the playa, or the people who paid to rent the camper stuck with a bunch of work Rebecca was paid and agreed to do; and it's very stressful as the reason I'm not present, is that I had open heart surgery 8/5!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm

doug_b_white wrote:... they want to leave now ...
It could be as simple as she isn't expecting to meet them to drive out until Burning Man is over.
There are two major Burns: the Man on Saturday night, and the Temple Burn on Sunday night. Most people leave on Monday.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

skibear
Burning Since: 2002

Post by skibear » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Best to send Rebecca a text as mentioned (texts keep pinging till they get thru) . All she has to do is turn her phone on. Voice will not work.
Doug it's best to not stress and work on healing.

Camp Contact is part of Anahasana Village located near 8:20 and Ersatz if someone at the event wants to look at this.
May be near Steam Bath Project. Have no idea where Gaylactic is located. Is it part of Anahasana Village ?
Mahalo
crash & burn ski lessons given

doug_b_white

Post by doug_b_white » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

thanks for the positive

Return to “Lost Humans”