ELLIOT'S NAKED BICYCLE SERVICE & PIANO BAR! -- Fundraiser for Elliot's Bicycle Service

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

ELLIOT'S NAKED BICYCLE SERVICE & PIANO BAR! -- Fundraiser for Elliot's Bicycle Service

Postby Elliot » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:45 am

Announcing!....
Elliot’s Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar Fundraiser, featuring Loaner Bicycles and cheap schwag as Perks!

Like last year, when we repaired 494 bicycles, we need donations to make the camp’s ends meet. And like last year, we are offering the use of a bicycle for the duration of the Event as our top Perk. (A Perk is a token of appreciation for a donation.)
Check this out:
These are just a few of the 63 Loaners that Donors rode last year!

Of course, all donations, of any size, are very-very welcome. $20.-? That will buy a pair of pedals and an inner tube! That could be THREE bikes back in action!
Here are samples of Cheap Schwag that all Donors get to keep:
The buttons are 2" diameter.

The medallions/coasters are 3 1/2 " diameter.

It is all explained on the FUNDRAISING page of our website:
http://www.elliotsbikes.org/loaner-bicy ... ising.html

Donate early! Donate often! Vote with your pocketbook for free bicycle repair!

And finally…. The Perk To End All Perks… The Grand Daddy Perk of Them All -- offered to the donor who makes the most fantabulous contribution of the year:
YOU get to paint Elliot, yes, that Elliot, the naked one, with real professional theatrical body paint, from head to toe, in the colors and designs of your choice.
And Elliot will wear that paint job all day, and go with you wherever you wish in BRC, so you can show off your artistry.
Your host, and canvas. One hour to paint him. Three hours to boss the finished “canvas” around.

That is all.

Except for a few niceties: We are a placed theme camp. Our official camp name is Elliot's Bicycle Service. We are a G-Rated family-friendly camp where nudity is normal. We strive to comply with and promote the Burning Man ethos, the Ten Principles; and the ePlaya Terms Of Service, including the requirement for this post's subject line to include the camp name and the word fundraiser.
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Healing Arts, Body Paint & Piano Bar
No phones, tobacco, or politics in our public areas, please

Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!

Email: elliotsbikes@outlook.com

Elliot

Re: ELLIOT'S NAKED BICYCLE SERVICE & PIANO BAR! -- Fundraiser for Elliot's Bicycle Service

Postby Elliot » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Tomorrow morning I drive Millicent to the buspital, where she is scheduled for major surgery. She needs new king pins, “or else”.
King pins are the two pivots on the front axle that allow the tires to swing from side to side, so Millicent can turn. (And it still takes 40 acres. ;-) )

Millicent is our primary camp transporter and command center.

When I picked her up from the Scappoose, Oregon, school district in November 2006, their bus mechanic told me the king pins were on their last legs. That was 57,621 miles ago! I have greased them diligently, but worn out is worn out.
I do a lot of my own maintenance and repair on Millicent. This, however, is a job for an orthopedic surgeon, so to speak. The very rough estimate is $1,500.

So… I’m afraid we seek ten extra donors of $150. The good news is... we have ten extra Loaner bicycles as Perks!

So hie thee over to our website and smack that Donate button! Please. Millicent will be thanking you for the next 24 years and 249,232 miles. Then we’ll do it again!

http://www.elliotsbikes.org/loaner-bicy ... ising.html

Her Majesty, Millicent the Magnificent.

Elliot

Re: ELLIOT'S NAKED BICYCLE SERVICE & PIANO BAR! -- Fundraiser for Elliot's Bicycle Service

Postby Elliot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:13 pm

:D
We still have Loaner Bikes to offer as Perks with donations of $150 and up!

In fact, I'm wondering if we ought to launch an Indiegogo campaign after all, since we don't seem to be getting the word out like we did last year.
Thoughts and suggestions invited.

In other news:
So far.... No-one has claimed the Paint Elliot! perk.
But I have tested some paints on myself.... and was reminded that I'm kinda hirsute. Ouch! Sooo... maybe not such a good idea. Better withdraw that perk for now. If I come across a really easily water-washable paint... maybe then.

Sham

Postby Sham » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Elliot, on the paint Elliot perk, would you consider a nice semi-gloss latex applied with a roller? It's durable, washable and lasts for years. 8)

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Not the kind of washable I have in mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:48 am

There are still supplies to be purchased, and there are still Perks available to Donors.

That includes the Top Tier Perk of a Loaner Bicycle for the Glorious Donor to use for the duration of the Event, yes! This kicks in at the $150.- level.

It is all explained on our website, which you will find a link to right around here somewhere. And on that website is a Donate button, which makes things easy for you.

As always, your donation to our camp helps pay for the Stuff we need to provide our on-Playa services. Hundreds of Burners-With-Broken-Bikes will thank you.

(I will be out in the woods, literally, for the next few days. Inquiries will be tended to on Monday. Thank you for your patience.)

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Annnddd....
Our fundraising for 2016 draws to a happy close.

Well... not entirely. We will always welcome donations to help with camp expenses. But we are now out of the most popular "perk" -- token of appreciation -- that we offer donors. Call it the Top Tier Perk. It was the use of a bicycle for the duration of the event.

We are now committed to bringing all the bikes we can carry.

The small Perks remain available. See our website for details. (Link below.)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!... for making Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar possible!

Among the supplies purchased with your money are 1,000 cans of beer and a similar amount of ice tea. Lemonade also. And white wine. And we now have a spare piano, just in case.

So please come by and have a beverage. And play the piano. Or dance on it!

We're going to Burning Man!
:mrgreen:

Return to “2016 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”