Did the Temple Catch Fire This Morning?

Da Vinci's Workshop is inspired by the Italian Renaissance of the middle fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries, when an historic convergence of inspired artistry, technical innovation and enlightened patronage launched Europe out of medievalism and into modernity. Our story will focus on the republic of Florence, for it was here, in a city-state of about the same size and population as Black Rock City, that humanist ideals, a rediscovery of science, and funding from a newly moneyed class of entrepreneurs fueled a revolutionary cultural movement that redefined Western civilization. Five centuries later, we will attempt to recreate this potent social alchemy by combining Burning Man art, maker culture and creative philanthropy to make Black Rock City the epicenter of a new renaissance.
cyberbiker

Did the Temple Catch Fire This Morning?

Post by cyberbiker » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:30 am

Around 6am this morning (Friday) it looked like the Temple caught fire on the webcam.

Is that true?
[url=http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights2_dmsp_big.jpg][i][u]We're all but pebbles on a beach...[/u][/i][/url]

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: Did the Temple Catch Fire This Morning?

Post by Traveller in Time » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:16 pm

There must be more webcams !

The one I was watching showed (with comment by Motorbike Matt) the sunrise completing at 06:29. Then Matt shifted to the burn as there was already a little smoke visible from the Catacomb of Veils. It did burn down neatly and later we had the Temple behind The Man as to be expected.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 pm

So theoretically, when viewing the stream through the bottom of a half-full whiskey-tumbler it could look like the temple burning is what you are saying.

Right?

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:07 pm

*pours whiskey*

Speaking of which, does anyone recall what's on the burn schedule this evening that I can mistake for the Man burn?

cyberbiker

Post by cyberbiker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:13 am

Traveller in Time wrote:There must be more webcams !

...there was already a little smoke visible from the Catacomb of Veils. It did burn down neatly and later we had the Temple behind The Man as to be expected.
By "and later we had The Temple behind" did you mean later the Temple burned down or that the Temple was located behind the Catacomb of Veils?

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:11 am

The Temple is fine, still standing. Tonight is the Man burn, followed by the Lighthouse burn. Temple burn is Sunday at sunset. Extremely high wind conditions can affect the schedule, depending to some degree on the nature of what it is they are burning. lf I recall correctly, on a particularly windy Friday night a couple years ago they were able to burn Anubis, but had to postpone the Wall Street burn for the next night.

cyberbiker

Post by cyberbiker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Thanks for the clarity.

Weather Underground forecast for Black Rock City
https://www.wunderground.com/us/nv/black-rock-city
[url=http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights2_dmsp_big.jpg][i][u]We're all but pebbles on a beach...[/u][/i][/url]

Return to “2016 Art Theme”