Broken ankle. Need help getting around playa

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
nsc
Burning Since: 2014

Broken ankle. Need help getting around playa

Post by nsc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Well this Wednesday I fractured my medial malleolus. After an ER trip to Reno yesterday I'm back on the playa until tomorrow afternoon and then flying back to Boston for surgery this week.

I went to the mobility camp to see about help with getting around but they mostly just offered art tours throughout the day. I'm wondering if anyone here knows someone who would be willing to help me get around or lend me some kind of kart or bike trailer to get moved around in.

Thanks everyone !

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: Broken ankle. Need help getting around playa

Post by Traveller in Time » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Was there not the first aid posts searching for crutches to aid the playa victims?
They should be next to the Rangers.

But hey, dont buy it from me I am even a virgin on the ePlaya, just ask a ranger :D
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:42 pm

Center Camp Playa Info
Check with them to see if they know of any. Post a message there asking for assistance/info.

http://goldiesponies.com/
Running a pedi-cab.Don't know if they made it to the playa or not. Check the list of camps you got from Greeters.
Anyone can send a friend to request a for ride pick up from your camp, rides back from the Camp Mobility wheelchair accessible art cars, playa tours with friends if you broke your ass. The Golden Pony Ranch is here to give ya a lift up on playa.

Black Rock City - 9:00 Plaza: Playa Bike Repair will have a yello taxi sign for you to send a friend over and write down a request. I work 10-4, you can make special requests but that's not guaranteed. Also we now have two rentable trailers with chairs on them rated to 275 pounds. These trailers hook to any bike and can be checked out by day. You must return them every morning so someone else can use them.
Mutant Vehicles can be picky about who they stop for. A cast may get you picked more often.

Do you have a bike?
Can you balance safely (won't face plant nor slam your casted leg into the playa) while someone tows you?
Can you balance while you use your good leg to move the bike like it is a scooter?
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar
http://www.elliotsbikes.org/
We are located in the 4:30 Plaza, at G Street.

Elliot or others at that camp may know of someone with a tricycle, but they're in high demand.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Borrow a megaphone, have someone carry a comfy lounger to the esplanade for you, hobble your broke ass self, sit down and let Burning Man come to you.

Have your friends drop you off at center camp and pick you up on the way out.

The way of Darwin is strong with this one.

nsc
Burning Since: 2014

Post by nsc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have crutches but with the dust my armpits have been getting really irritated.

Last night I was using a bike as a scooter, pushing with my good foot, but I really needed someone on my bad side to help with balance. A trike would be awesome so I'll try and check that out.

Return to “2016 Rideshares & Resource Sharing”