Black & Grey Timbuk2 Backpack WITH PASSPORT, WALLET & LIFE

Lost something on the playa? Tell us about it here.
Turtle_Crawl
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Pinatas Revenge

Black & Grey Timbuk2 Backpack WITH PASSPORT, WALLET & LIFE

Post by Turtle_Crawl » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:44 am

Hey fellow freaky Burners,

I woke up on a park bench near center camp on Wed after a binder without my backpack that contains my wallet, passport, bank card and basically all my life's documents of importance.

After piecing it all together I believe I left it on Revertical Playground artcar but I could be wrong... It is a black and grey Timbuk2 backpack with a hydration bladder sticking out of the laptop zipper in the back, it has red trim and in the two front pockets there should be an American passport under the name Ali Agus Ardie, and a green ripcurl wallet with around 200$...

I am supposed to fly back home to Indonesia on the 26th and if anyone has a come across this bag please contact me and you may keeep the 200$ as a reward.

Peace & Love On the Playa!

poca

Re: Black & Grey Timbuk2 Backpack WITH PASSPORT, WALLET & LIFE

Post by poca » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi luv,

One really dusty backpack was found during out last sweep of the car and dropped off at Black Rock lost and found. Greyish canvas?, loaded at the top. Unique feature - the top flap folds over, and then you can hook it tighter or looser into a ladder of hooks that runs up the front of the bag.

http://burningman.org/event/lost-and-found/

Turtle_Crawl

Post by Turtle_Crawl » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:11 pm

Hey Poca!
I believe that is most definitely the one! Thanks so much... I have been waiting for it's picture to show up on the LnF website. Grey shiny canvas with the fold over hook ladder clasp totally! Your guys art car was much too much fun... I was a little out of it but I vaguely remember taking off my pack to go on the merry go round and didn't remember it on my back when I went down the slide!
Burn on! I will contact lost and found and I will see you guys next year!
Peace!

poca

Post by poca » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Yay! I'm so happy you had a good time. They are slammed, but it's possible if you let them know the urgency of the situation, they could help. Nice people over there.

Safe travels home, Turtle Crawl :)

xo

StachePowers
Burning Since: 2007

Post by StachePowers » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:33 pm

We made a couple of trips to lost and found but on the final run (monday) the L&F was gone. I can't say for sure that the pack Poca remembers was turned in. If might still be on the PerVertical. I'll be travelling to the storage yard north of Gerlach in a couple of weeks to winterize, but unfortunately I can't get there sooner. I'll try to get someone else to do it, but wouldn't count on it. If I do find it I'll contact you to arrange for shipping. Sorry, I know this doesnt help you in regards to passport and ID for travel home.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Ummm, actually I went to lost and found on Monday afternoon to turn in a phone I had found the night before. Let me assure you that they were anything but closed that day, there was a shit load of burners there looking or their stuffs.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

poca

Post by poca » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Oof, sorry guys. Thought I had the right info. :( A lot of the crew is out of state, can't help.

TO JACKASS:

Dear Jackass,

Snark at me if you like. But Stache is my friend. He has lots of friends who love him - he watches out for us, he's made our lives happier. For years, he's worked himself to exhaustion and his hands to pieces bringing large format art cars to the playa. Cars where people are welcome to play, big - so you can adventure without leaving your friends behind. If Stache says lost and found was closed when he went by, it was closed. (I think final run was Tuesday - after two weeks in the desert, it's easy to misplace a day).

There's a ton of physical & mental labor involved in getting a large art car & camp ready, repaired, transported, safely run, cleaned up, broken down, transported, and winterized. We have a small crew. All of it is done for love. It's really nice that Stache & the crew look out for lost and found on top of that, while bagging other people's garbage, recycling, and grey water (urine - why?).

For these and many reasons, Stache has my respect.

If you're going to write about him, he deserves yours too, Jackass.

Yours Truly,

poca

Turtle_Crawl

Post by Turtle_Crawl » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm

poca wrote:Oof, sorry guys. Thought I had the right info. :( A lot of the crew is out of state, can't help.

TO JACKASS:

Dear Jackass,

Snark at me if you like. But Stache is my friend. He has lots of friends who love him - he watches out for us, he's made our lives happier. For years, he's worked himself to exhaustion and his hands to pieces bringing large format art cars to the playa. Cars where people are welcome to play, big - so you can adventure without leaving your friends behind. If Stache says lost and found was closed when he went by, it was closed. (I think final run was Tuesday - after two weeks in the desert, it's easy to misplace a day).

There's a ton of physical & mental labor involved in getting a large art car & camp ready, repaired, transported, safely run, cleaned up, broken down, transported, and winterized. We have a small crew. All of it is done for love. It's really nice that Stache & the crew look out for lost and found on top of that, while bagging other people's garbage, recycling, and grey water (urine - why?).

For these and many reasons, Stache has my respect.

If you're going to write about him, he deserves yours too, Jackass.

Yours Truly,

poca
I can back this up, I was at LnF almost everyday of my burn and was there until the last minute as they packed up and closed down late Sunday afternoon... They were half gone an hour before there "closing" time and was there as they shut the doors and said sorry we are now officially closed till next year so they were definitely gone Monday...

Peace! xxx Turtle Crawl ooo

StachePowers
Burning Since: 2007

Post by StachePowers » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Happy to report that Turtle Crawl retrieved his backpack and it's contents from the PerVertical. All it took was a trip to Gerlach, and who doesn't want to do that whenever possible?

poca

Post by poca » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Yay!

Return to “2016 Lost On-Playa”