Found Burning Man necklace

Tell us what you've found.
Quark Man
Burning Since: 2016

Found Burning Man necklace

Post by Quark Man » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:16 pm

at some bar near 8:30-9:00. Describe it and I'll mail it to you (though I am enjoying wearing it for now to keep its karma alive).

Zion311
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Thump Thump

Re: Found Burning Man necklace

Post by Zion311 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:47 pm

Hey Quark Man, I can't believe I didn't see this til now! Here's to hoping that it's my necklace that you found. Either way, thank you for taking care of it and posting it honestly here. It is a tear shaped green/gold labradorite pendant with cool wiring. I can send a picture if that helps. Thanks! :D

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:45 am

Sorry. This one is not tear shaped or green/gold labradorite and no wire. Hope you connect up with yours; it sounds really nice. :(

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Quark Man wrote:Sorry. This one is not tear shaped or green/gold labradorite and no wire. Hope you connect up with yours; it sounds really nice. :(
If this is a Burning Man specific necklace (has the BM logo cut or embedded in it), then you may consider this a playa gift. I make it a point to gift out around 300 or so each year, and I would imagine that some of them get lost along the way. In most cases, if it's not a family heirloom, but rather a playa present, it may just be passed on to the finder.

With that said, it was very thoughtful and kind of you to want to get this back in the hands of the person who lost it.

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Sham wrote:
Quark Man wrote:Sorry. This one is not tear shaped or green/gold labradorite and no wire. Hope you connect up with yours; it sounds really nice. :(
If this is a Burning Man specific necklace (has the BM logo cut or embedded in it), then you may consider this a playa gift. I make it a point to gift out around 300 or so each year, and I would imagine that some of them get lost along the way. In most cases, if it's not a family heirloom, but rather a playa present, it may just be passed on to the finder.

With that said, it was very thoughtful and kind of you to want to get this back in the hands of the person who lost it.
If you made it (metal with the Man cut out) it is terrific and I am trying to keep it alive. It _IS_ from an earlier year so I think someone else might consider it their heirloom now and if a gift I would prefer it done by conscious choice and not something lost in the dust (as we are).

happydragon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Thunder Spoon

Post by happydragon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:28 pm

total long shot but you never know, if it happens to be a silver - ish (dull, not bright) dog tag sized charm with a man cut out on a black/red leather strap, I'd love to see it again, it was a gift from a close friend for my first burn, but dumb ass me lost it.

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:19 am

We may have a winner. Though it was not on a leather strap. I'll send a pix this weekend. Did it have a Roman numeral on it?

torrey.smith
Camp Name: Sextant

Post by torrey.smith » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:08 am

It's not this one, is it???

Just kidding :mrgreen:
Sarge

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:14 am

Torry you show off. That thing is awesome. Did I see you at the Ramp?
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:41 pm

That's awesome!

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Quark Man, you could take a picture and post it on here too. It's straight forward once you know how. You can either use the Attachment tab below, or you can link them from another site like Imgur.com.

- For the Attachment tab, just click "Add files" and choose the file on your system. Then click "place inline" to put it wherever you want in the post, which will look like:
9uxRWQz.jpg
You can even put attachment comments!
9uxRWQz.jpg (2.68 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
- For larger images, you can post them at a site like Imgur.com, go to the site and drag and drop the image there to upload it. After uploading, they'll present you a page where you could title your post. However, if you just want to show it here, move your mouse over the image itself and they'll allow you to copy and paste the URL, something like "" . You can copy and paste that directly in here to show it, such as:

If you want to post the image without the special IMGUR wrapper, you can use the image URL directly. That link will go to that image's page, but if you want the raw image itself for posting, add ".jpg" or ".gif" to the end (depending on what you uploaded), for example. "http://imgur.com/By3bFR3.jpg". Then to post it in a forum post click the Image icon above Image and it'll print you some text such as: "{img}{/img}" but with square brackets instead of curly brackets. Paste the image URL above in between the {img} and {/img}, e.g. {img}http://imgur.com/By3bFR3.jpg{/img}, or you can just paste the image URL and then select the text and click the image button and it'll do that for you. It'll look like:

"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:52 pm

thanks BBadger. I see the button now. I've been avoiding putting a picture out in the open just to make sure the right person identifies it. Does BBadger mean like Madison? if so hi from PhD Nuc E 1976 and lots of inlaws from the area north. You can keep the weather, though.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Um. bbadger. Is that an alcohol concealing dolly? Great to have your kids sneak booze into the movie theater, rave, school, church etc.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Quark Man wrote:I've been avoiding putting a picture out in the open just to make sure the right person identifies it. Does BBadger mean like Madison? if so hi from PhD Nuc E 1976 and lots of inlaws from the area north. You can keep the weather, though.
Yeah, it's like when I find a suitcases full of cash and loaded pistols; I want to make sure they get back to their real owners not some dude pretending to own them.

And yeah, the weather this time of year sucks!
Ratty wrote:Um. bbadger. Is that an alcohol concealing dolly? Great to have your kids sneak booze into the movie theater, rave, school, church etc.
I try to keep it classy. :)
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:35 am

Quark Man wrote:We may have a winner. Though it was not on a leather strap. I'll send a pix this weekend. Did it have a Roman numeral on it?
False alarm. We're still trying to find the owner.

torrey.smith
Camp Name: Sextant

Post by torrey.smith » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 am

Ratty wrote:Torry you show off. That thing is awesome. Did I see you at the Ramp?
I know, I know :wink:

The Ramp? Tell me more!
Sarge

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:09 pm

did it have a strip of ribbon for the necklace? I made some for 2013 -14-15 , a steel or alum disc , with just the man in it. A small hole at top for the ribbon.
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Quark Man

Post by Quark Man » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:14 pm

sorry tatonka. It used colored string. Also the medallion has a lot more than just the man.

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 pm

no problem , I made about 100 each year and gave them out.
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Return to “2016 Found On-Playa”