Prostelytize Here and Only Here.

All things outside of Burning Man.
tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Re: Prostelytize Here and Only Here.

Post by tatonka » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:47 pm

tatonka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm
agreed.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Tatonka for GOD 2020!

Vote!

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Two monks were arguing about a flag. One said: "The flag is moving."

The other said: "The wind is moving."

The Master happened to be passing by. He told them: "Not the wind, not the flag; mind is moving."

Funfinity manifeats Mettatacular phazes
Dancipate white hazes of purple sea dazes
Swiminfinite Dust as Defaultia lusts
Unpossibility reigns nonlimited mindbusts
Rollbliterate ego ~n~ drop dosasses Monases
Spuntaneous artkarmaval ~ Burn Bright, All

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 am

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:08 pm

^Love is the source of Life.

---

A young boy was sneezing repeatedly. It finally annoyed his mother so much she yelled, "Stop sneezing!"

The boy replied, "I'm not sneezing. It's sneezing me."

---

Diogenes was down at the river filling his bowls with water with common folk when a young boy walked up to the river and began scooping water into his hands and drinking the water.

Diogenes exclaimed, "Alas! Out witted by child." And threw away his bowls.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:48 pm

"Every experience, whatever its shape or form and the nature of mind have been one so forgoing the constructs of the goal oriented schools and simply focusing upon the mind just as it is our own total presence is revealed as the nature of appearances."- Nothing @ All

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Burning Compass
Camp Name: Avant Yard - Lions Den

Post by Burning Compass » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:24 pm

tatonka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm
So if you are wise, love yourself and the worst can never come.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 am

"... all outer and inner experience of Samsara and Nirvana is decisively and crucially disclosed in the view of natural perfection as an absence, as only the potency, display, and ornamentation of the natural gestalt of self-sprung awareness. All experience is assimilated to the natural disposition of self-sprung awareness by a free and open natural contemplation. Originating spontaneously in self-sprung awareness, whatever happens is caught in the bind of inherently awakened, transparent activity. And since experience is nothing other than self-sprung awareness, fruition is resolution in unitary spontaneity."- Nothing @ All

"They ain't gonna get that shit."- Guru (Prove him wrong ePlayans)

"Well, let's dumb it down... but they ain't gonna get this shit either."- Disciple (prove him wrong ePlayans)

When Buddha was in Grdhrakuta mountain he turned a flower in his fingers and held it before his listeners. Every one was silent. Only Maha-Kashapa smiled at this revelation, although he tried to control the lines of his face.

Buddha said: "I have the eye of the true teaching, the heart of Nirvana, the true aspect of non-form, and the ineffable stride of Dharma. It is not expressed by words, but especially transmitted beyond teaching. This teaching I have given to Maha-Kashapa."

Mumon's comment: Golden-faced Gautama thought he could cheat anyone. He made the good listeners as bad, and sold dog meat under the sign of mutton. And he himself thought it was wonderful. What if all the audience had laughed together? How could he have transmitted the teaching? And again, if Maha-Kashapa had not smiled, how could he have transmitted the teaching? If he says that realization can be transmitted, he is like the city slicker that cheats the country dub, and if he says it cannot be transmitted, why does he approve of Maha-Kashapa?

At the turning of a flower
His disguise was exposed.
No one in heaven or earth can surpass
Maha-Kashapa's wrinkled face.

Burning Compass

Post by Burning Compass » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:23 am

I feel I need to say this because I believe it's an important lesson that I'm not sure everyone has considered.

The Good does not always triumph over the Evil.

I believe I am a very positive person and love everything about this world in its own way. The belief that "Good always triumphs over evil" is not something I find to be True at this moment. In fact I think there are a large number of people who think that is a guarantee, its not. It's a self motivational message we, as a society, tell ourselves in the hopes we can manifest it. However for us to manifest such a reality, we as a society have to get out of our comfort zones and grow. I believe that part of that growth must be accepting the Truth that "Evil can just as easily triumph over Good." It's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen. To prevent that from happening we must be completely loving and true to ourselves, no matter how much it burns.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 am

Good and evil are ideas/opinions... "When some things become beautiful, others become ugly."- Lao Tzu

But good God triumphs because...

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."- Ghandi. We win the Holy War by not fighting.

Evil needs good... otherwise there's nothing to be evil (relative)to. Goodness and loving kindness don't need evil and can proliferate endlessly. If evil triumphs/conquers all, then all is evil thus it would become the norm thus becoming the right(eous) thing to do.

And oh yeah, at this point in humanity's spiritual evolution, the authorities over the nations tribes and languages is D(a)evil... but this too shall pass because Love/G(o)od is ingrained into our hearts. The majority is "good" in that most choose to Love, to be content and get along with our brothers and sisters, it's the easier more fruitful path. "Evil" trying to triumph over all is literally an infinitely futile battle. If it's a dog eat dog world, then there will be one dog left one day and that dog will starve to death.

The gift(or curse) of free will means that yes, we could choose evil which is basically suicide/death. That's illogical, we will and are choosing Life/Love as testified by our very existence... we could kill ourselves or our brothers and sisters any day we want... but what percentage of our people do that? So, to think "good" isn't truly kicking "evil's" ass is ignoring the fact that 99% of us are choosing Love with every graceful breath we take.

Metaphorically God and the Devil have a standing bet for ALL our souls... God knows the 99% are coming home, the Devil thinks he can triumph with the 1%. Good God has already forgiven the 1%, and when they meet their maker, they too will return to Heaven... D(a)evil will be left all alone in the cold dark abyss (even those who choose to go against God in the second life will eventually get tired of the empty loneliness and return home.)

It's simple logic... who's gonna choose to suffer/Samsara when Nirvana is waiting with open arms?

Thanks for participating, Burning Compass. :coffee:

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 am

-Plato

Burning Compass

Post by Burning Compass » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:48 am

Perpetual Burn wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 am
Good and evil are ideas/opinions... "When some things become beautiful, others become ugly."- Lao Tzu

But good God triumphs because...

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."- Ghandi. We win the Holy War by not fighting.

Evil needs good... otherwise there's nothing to be evil (relative)to. Goodness and loving kindness don't need evil and can proliferate endlessly. If evil triumphs/conquers all, then all is evil thus it would become the norm thus becoming the right(eous) thing to do.

And oh yeah, at this point in humanity's spiritual evolution, the authorities over the nations tribes and languages is D(a)evil... but this too shall pass because Love/G(o)od is ingrained into our hearts. The majority is "good" in that most choose to Love, to be content and get along with our brothers and sisters, it's the easier more fruitful path. "Evil" trying to triumph over all is literally an infinitely futile battle. If it's a dog eat dog world, then there will be one dog left one day and that dog will starve to death.

The gift(or curse) of free will means that yes, we could choose evil which is basically suicide/death. That's illogical, we will and are choosing Life/Love as testified by our very existence... we could kill ourselves or our brothers and sisters any day we want... but what percentage of our people do that? So, to think "good" isn't truly kicking "evil's" ass is ignoring the fact that 99% of us are choosing Love with every graceful breath we take.

Metaphorically God and the Devil have a standing bet for ALL our souls... God knows the 99% are coming home, the Devil thinks he can triumph with the 1%. Good God has already forgiven the 1%, and when they meet their maker, they too will return to Heaven... D(a)evil will be left all alone in the cold dark abyss (even those who choose to go against God in the second life will eventually get tired of the empty loneliness and return home.)

It's simple logic... who's gonna choose to suffer/Samsara when Nirvana is waiting with open arms?

Thanks for participating, Burning Compass. :coffee:
TLDR: Just rambling ideas, feel free to skim :)

We well thought out discourse, however I think if I further define some things maybe we can move things even further forward and develop a more verbose lexicon here.

I would also like to comment on some of the things you've said as well as they are wise but there are facets to the Truth that I think deserve consideration.

For my statements

"The Good does not always triumph over the Evil" and "Good always triumphs over Evil" let the following be true

Good = That which shows a propensity (P) to grow, heal and lead towards harmony through Love (both hot and cold love) and Truth.
- Warm Love - think - Hugs, kissing, cuddles, making love, receiving, giving
- Cold Love - think - setting healthy boundaries, calling out injustice, holding people accountable

Evil = That which shows a propensity (P) to reduce, harm, and lead away from harmony through the destruction of love and untruth.

*On second thought maybe I should change the terms to this as it may be more Truthful -
"The Harmony does not always triumph over the Corruption " and "Harmony always triumphs over Corruption"

My goal of setting these definitions is to help pivot the thinking of what Evil really is. People are human and flawed and that's beautiful. It is the action by which those flaws are used to sow disharmony, that I currently consider evil.

When viewed through this lens , my statements intention is to show that Good would include both beautiful and ugly as being True and part of the one. Thus identifying the potential of another part of the problem with existence that I don't believe many have at least attempted to consider. I also hold that I could just be high and this viewpoint my have some serious flaws I have not considered yet. However, I do believe there is value in showing the potential of viewing the system as a whole through a new light, flawed as it may be, as new Truths may still be revealed in that way. Even a broken clock is right two times a day :)

I agree with Ghandi completely. It's a shame that pointing out that there is a conflict that needs to be resolved leads so many of us to immediately think in these terms though.

The truth is, "Peace is War" and how that war is waged has not been made completely apparent to a lot of people. You don't fight hate with hate, you fight hate with love. However many seem to think that means you just love the people who hate you. That is only half of the equation and it is the least important half, IMO. The more important half is Loving yourself completely, Truthfully and freely. Then from there it is much easier to see that to counteract hate you must use cold Love. Love that can hurt to use when you are someone who loves the world. I would say it is synonymous with tough love, however I have seen tough love that wasn't loving at all.

The God and the Devil are just two aspects of the whole. One can easily say that the Devil is there to show us how not to reach the light, which in its own way could be seen as as form of love. I believe there is a corruption in the system, which is a cause of the real suffering that needs to be addressed. That has been ephemeral up until today. One could also argue that we are all one God/Devil experiencing existence subjectively in the hopes that by aggregate we can heal the corruption that is keeping us out of balance.

To truly be free, you must come to terms with all of yourself, and be able to use the most harmonious aspects of yourself, for every situation you encounter. It is not until you have integrated yourself that you can then see and act clearly. Then it becomes easier to know when to use, what I would be called a relativistic, good and evil (traditional uses of terms) for each situation in life. In that system, Good and Evil can be different depending on the viewpoint of the observer.

There are also a lot of ramifications to my proposed view of the Truth that really must be considered, outside of the scope of this particular line of discussion. For example, if we are all one, and are all God experiencing the world subjectively both in Good and Evil forms, one could argue that we are in both heaven/hell/earth and they are one and the same. That would then lead to the recognition that, if that is true (which it may not be), it is our responsibility to remove the corruption, thus bringing ballance. However removing that corruption burns and we can only control it within ourselves. To do it outwardly, with integrity, requires us to burn ourselves so much that our shear presence influences every moment of our being until we reach a tipping point. If we ever reach a tipping point. If not, I believe that is one way we may reach our demise.

Sorry for the rambly nature of my post, it was kind of a stream of consciousness but I hope it got the gist over of my thoughts. Maybe when I have some time I will come back and refine some of these raw thoughts.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 pm

I like your take on Love, warm and cold, and Evil... Tho the tough love can lead to confusion as it inherently creates more and more rules/Religion. Then we might come to disagreements about what's good, just or unjust/religious war. Thus gives rise to the potential of manipulation allowing "evil" to creep into a position of power which kind of falls under the "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." category. If we practice unconditional love then we are sooner to end the wars and conflicts byproduct of the holier than thou mentality.

Good and evil to me aren't defined so much by deeds but rather in a spiritual plane, intention. If your intentions are to promote harmony and love then it's "good" even if the results do not come out perfect or are considered downright wrong according to someone else's rules. If your intentions are to create pain and suffering, then that is "evil" regardless of how righteous it maybe according to someone's beliefs. So, tho I consider war an abomination, I do not consider the soldier evil if he believes his protecting his country. It's the warlords I more likely consider "evil" as they are most usually waged from greed and desire for power. On the other hand, if someone manages to steal from those warlords, tho theft generally being considered wrong, if they do good with it by sharing with the poor then it can be considered "good."

Dogmatic authority with hardest rules cannot truly understand the underlying spirit in our actions.

I disagree that War is Peace... Peace is peace. War is just about always the opposite of peaceful... That's the tough love that is not love. But yeah, we fight hate/evil with love... "Do not resist an evil man. If he asks for your jacket, give him your shirt." Ya get more bees with honey... You get more war by fighting.

D(a)evil is God's tool... The tough love that by virtue (or lack thereof) of free will is a spiritual school for our souls. Without allowing tough love, we would not be able to truly understand God's love and how blessed we are to be forgiven for our "sins/evil." And the more confidence we grow in our goodness, the more graceful our lives and the less and less power "evil" has over us and we overcome fear, hate and judgment as they are holding us back from Nirvana/Heaven which is a state of mind we are free to access any moment.

The tipping point of our spiritual reveleation is what we consider "death" which is impossible as we are inherently one with the eternal God/Universe that which cannot be created or destroyed. We've got all of eternity to choose Love, light and happiness... Thus it only seems logical that Harmony and Goodness will infalibly triumph over "evil."

Good stuff, Burning Compass. God speed and Burn bright. :mrgreen:

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:09 pm

We move for all mankind, a million miles from everything we've ever known
And we're on their hearts and minds, a million heads are bowed to bring us safely home
Hemmed in by emptiness, a million ways that everything could be undone
This hollow in my chest is filled with reasons not to sing but I found one, I know

We are not alone, we feel an unseen love
We are sons and heirs of grace
We are children of a light that never dims
A love that never dies, keep your chin up child
And wipe the tears from your eyes

In sleep we saw ourselves, a million years
We had been waiting there it seems
While someone weaves a spell, a million stars look on in witness to our dreams

We feel an unseen love
We are children of light
Stand ready and tall, reflect the light

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 pm

-Plato

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Was just on a metal binge... These new Vikings need an anthem...

Burning Compass

Post by Burning Compass » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm

I always love these conversation Perpetual Burn as I believe there are multiple facets that must be examined in order to understand the Truth.

Perpetual Burn wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 pm
I like your take on Love, warm and cold, and Evil... Tho the tough love can lead to confusion as it inherently creates more and more rules/Religion. Then we might come to disagreements about what's good, just or unjust/religious war. Thus gives rise to the potential of manipulation allowing "evil" to creep into a position of power which kind of falls under the "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." category. If we practice unconditional love then we are sooner to end the wars and conflicts byproduct of the holier than thou mentality.

Good and evil to me aren't defined so much by deeds but rather in a spiritual plane, intention. If your intentions are to promote harmony and love then it's "good" even if the results do not come out perfect or are considered downright wrong according to someone else's rules. If your intentions are to create pain and suffering, then that is "evil" regardless of how righteous it maybe according to someone's beliefs. So, tho I consider war an abomination, I do not consider the soldier evil if he believes his protecting his country. It's the warlords I more likely consider "evil" as they are most usually waged from greed and desire for power. On the other hand, if someone manages to steal from those warlords, tho theft generally being considered wrong, if they do good with it by sharing with the poor then it can be considered "good."
Agreed, it is very easy to hit a slippery slope argument in Good vs Evil. I tend to gravitate more toward the view of "is this healthy" or "does this grow" as I find that leads me to better results in my own life. Unconditionally loving yourself if really the first step, it is from there I believe all else flows. I also want to add that I am coming closer to the view that there is hot and cold love and that warm love would be any mixture of the two you experience with yourself, an event or a connection in life. It sounds like we are aligned in a lot of ways here.

Perpetual Burn wrote:
I disagree that War is Peace... Peace is peace. War is just about always the opposite of peaceful... That's the tough love that is not love. But yeah, we fight hate/evil with love... "Do not resist an evil man. If he asks for your jacket, give him your shirt." Ya get more bees with honey... You get more war by fighting.
I think you may have misread what I said here and that we are most likely aligned here as well. I said that Peace is war, and it is. At its most extreme, imagine the man who is asked to forgive the person who has killed ones family or who has harmed someone one loves. To find peace after such a horrible event requires you to go to war with yourself and that war Burns. You fight that war by loving yourself so much that you then find love and forgiveness for the world. However I believe that the only way forward for man is to recognize this and to prepare for this war, which is what Burning Man does (and much more).
Perpetual Burn wrote:
D(a)evil is God's tool... The tough love that by virtue (or lack thereof) of free will is a spiritual school for our souls. Without allowing tough love, we would not be able to truly understand God's love and how blessed we are to be forgiven for our "sins/evil." And the more confidence we grow in our goodness, the more graceful our lives and the less and less power "evil" has over us and we overcome fear, hate and judgment as they are holding us back from Nirvana/Heaven which is a state of mind we are free to access any moment.

The tipping point of our spiritual reveleation is what we consider "death" which is impossible as we are inherently one with the eternal God/Universe that which cannot be created or destroyed. We've got all of eternity to choose Love, light and happiness... Thus it only seems logical that Harmony and Goodness will infalibly triumph over "evil."

Good stuff, Burning Compass. God speed and Burn bright. :mrgreen:
Here is part of where we start to diverge. My current belief is that we are all Gods of our own reality or, put another way, we are all God subjectively experiencing a human existence while also being one with that existence. That is why christianity tells you the Kingdom of God, and thus God itself, is within you. I don't currently believe the tipping point is death, as many have lived and died and never reached the realization of the potential for this being True (it may also not be True, time will tell). The problem is that once you have this realization you also realize that you have a responsibility to this existence and every being in it. However this realization also brings with it a large amount of power, especially as you come to encompass it with your being. Something that must be done by one if they discover it to be a Truth of high probability of being True. However I do believe that one can find solace in the fact that the path is easy, you only have to love yourself completely and unconditionally in every way and the rest will emanate outward from within you. From this view point, the problem is not actually Evil (which is of man imo) but the corruption of the system that prevents one from reaching this realization. I'll admit this realization may be incorrect but it is one that is just as valid as many others and must be tested all the way through. However if it is correct, then it is fair to ask, "Is the corruption that is masking the Truth inherent to existence or being driven actively in some way?".

BTW I really enjoy having a forum to discuss this topic and explore other viewpoints on the subject.

Nothing but Love and Light Perpetual Burn - oh, and let's continue to Burn the world :)

Badger

Post by Badger » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Christianity;

The popular belief that a celestial Jewish baby who is also his own father, born from a virgin mother, died for three days so that he could ascend to heaven on a cloud and then make you live forever only if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your lord & master so he can remove an evil force from your spiritual being that is present in all humanity because an immoral woman made from a man's rib was hoodwinked by a talking reptile possessed by an malicious angel to secretly eat forbidden fruit from a magical tree.

Do I have that right? Yeah, sounds perfectly plausible...
Desert dogs drink deep.

Burning Compass

Post by Burning Compass » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Badger wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm
Christianity;

The popular belief that a celestial Jewish baby who is also his own father, born from a virgin mother, died for three days so that he could ascend to heaven on a cloud and then make you live forever only if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your lord & master so he can remove an evil force from your spiritual being that is present in all humanity because an immoral woman made from a man's rib was hoodwinked by a talking reptile possessed by an malicious angel to secretly eat forbidden fruit from a magical tree.

I wonder, if everything in your story was a euphemism or a metaphor, how many different ways could you interpret it. That might totally need to be it's own thread, lol.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:14 am

Badger wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm
Christianity;

Well, that just makes it sound super cool...

Don't forget about the woman on the 7 headed dragon and the flying lions with snakes for tails... Revelation, I'm quite convinced Saint John was tripping balls. :mrgreen:

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:13 am

8817845C-633E-43BD-927C-F69FB9D6BAB6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:36 am

^^^Haha! Well, God did invent nitrous oxide...

And...

Definition of Mandrake
1a : a Mediterranean herb (Mandragora officinarum) of the nightshade family with large ovate leaves, greenish-yellow or purple flowers, and a large usually forked root resembling a human in form and formerly credited with magical properties
b : the root of a mandrake formerly used especially to promote conception, as a cathartic, or as a narcotic and soporific

... sounds like mandrakes is marijuana.

... methinks (H)Empereror Constantine and King James had to church it up and call the herbs smoked in the tents mandrakes... but it was really Mary Jane. :mrgreen:

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Dear,
Burning Compass

Yeah, as said earlier Go(o)d is what's considered positive in that it promotes Love, peace and contentment. "Evil" is the counter to that. And yeah, loving yourself and accepting and forgiving your own flaws is the only way to truly love others... otherwise you hold them to the same standards that have led you to not love yourself thus you cannot truly them love them. This is the meaning of the old phrase, "Remember when you point your finger at someone, you've got three pointing back at yourself." When you judge others, you are also judging yourself which adds to your suffering in at least in as much as your inability to forgive... then snowballs the more you dwell on it.

Ok, I get what you mean by Peace is War... to keep peace in your mind thru the hard times is a battle inside yourself. Something that took me a long time to realize is that truthfully, even suffering arises from love... you wouldn't feel bad about losing a loved one if you did not love them. Or any tragedy is because you have so much love in your heart that to see things go counter to that content love is painful. Nirvana arises from and overcomes Samsara.

I think we agree most on that last part... we are not Gods, we are God's. My take on the Holy Trinity is that "God" is the force of life, the "creator" of the Universe which we are inherently one with. "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the entire Universe."-Carl Sagan. The Universe/Us is the Son, the one and only begotten Universe. The Holy Ghost is our perception of unity with "God", the force of life and realizing we are all one and the same.

So, when you realize the Divine Spirit is within you, then yeah you grow a sense of compassion and a desire to help your brothers and sisters realize they are also of eternal grace. When you have infinite love on your side, you get what I call spirit swag... but "With great power comes great responsibility." And God, like a good man is a gentleman, as testified by free will thus doesn't force beliefs or dogma down people's throats... Love is waiting with infinite patience and compassion for all to return to Nirvana.

More good stuff, Burning Compass... it's nice to talk to fellow open minded spirit children.

"I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning!"-Master J

Burn On!

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 pm

“Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their noses in other people's business. I live by the golden rule: Treat others as you'd want them to treat you. The religious right wants to tell people how to live.”

― Jesse Ventura

Granted Jesse is borderline batshit crazy but this is one of his quotes that is the truth. Organized religion and the brainwashing that comes with it is nothing more than an elaborate money making machine that does more harm than good. It's so elaborate and twisted that the stories behind it make no sense. If in doubt read Badger's earlier, perfect statement on the subject.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Did you know? Jesus himself was opposed to organized religion for such very reasons... He said the Jewish pastors and pharisees of his day were of the Devil. When he walked into a temple and saw the money changing tables/bank/for profit activities, he flipped the table over and said, "Not in my father's house." Jesus would love the Decommodification principle. :mrgreen:

He would absolutely despise the absurd amount of wealth the Catholic church and all the major churches have today. Minus the POTUS, the Pope is probably Satan's favorite seat of power. :wink:

About sticking your nose in other people's business... he wouldn't approve of that either, he said "don't pray in the streets like the pagans" for that draws attention in vain. And if people aren't trying to hear the word of God he said, "Don't throw pearls before swine." He was a little snarky at times. And telling people how to live is also against Jesus' teachings as it attempts to violate free will.

But to say organized religion is nothing but a scam is taking it a bit far... sure there are swindlers and the Vatican making trillion$, but there are also down to earth preachers and church goers... not just for the strength in numbers idea, but to promote brotherhood and commradery. People make good friends at church and most are trying to help people with their lives... many churches, even the Catholics, do many good deeds and charitable works for the community and world.

To call the likes of Mother Teresa a greedy scam artists is as incorrect as can be... she never made money off her works, she did it purely out of the love in her heart and for God.

I hardly ever go to church... I spread the word at bars with the "sinners" because as Jesus said, "I did come here for the righteous but for the sinners." Preaching at church is preaching to the choir, sharing Love at the bar gets the message to the ones who need to hear it the most

And on the Golden rule... that's a good MO, but I prefer the Platinum rule... which is to treat others the way THEY want to be treated. If you treat them the way you want to be treated, then that could backfire because you might have different standards on how you want to be treated compared to them... so when you figure out how they want to be treated, you can have an even more positive impact on their lives.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Take me to the table where we all dine together
And pluck me from the crowd and return me to my sender
Whatever path you follow push on till tomorrow
Love all serve all and create no sorrow
So many rivers but they all reach the sea
They telling me he's different but I just don't believe it
Love is the glorious and everyone shall reach it
Who ever seeks it
Seen and unseen

I don't want a reason anymore about the one I love, the one I love
I don't want a reason anymore about God above, God above
I just want to melt away, in all His grace
Drift away, into that sacred place
Where there's no more you and me, no more they and we, just unity yeah yeah, just unity yeah yeah, just unity yeah yeah, just unity yeah yeah

Well I don't wana count the leaves of the mango tree
I just want to taste it's sweetness
So you can defeat this above and beneath this
Yeah
Come one and all, come stand tall
And whatever your approaching dance or meditation
If you got love along than you shall reach the station
You find a road, the supreme abode
In this city all hearts shine like gold

Don't want a reason anymore about the one I love, the one I love
Where there's no more you and me, no more they and we, just unity yeah, just unity, just unity, unity, just unity

Me and Jesus, Buddah, Moses, and Gouranga
All dance around, dancing on your thunder
Drunk on the wine of love for thee
Well tell me when will I be blessed to join the bliss of your company
So many stories and so many fables of how the king sings of how the wall wails
Jerusalem to the Holy Himalayas
From Mount Zion to the hills of Jamaica
All land is holy, all land is sacred
All shall leave this world completely naked
Completely naked, completely

I don't want a reason anymore about the one I love, the one I love
Where there's no more you and me no more they and we just unity oh yeah
Where there's no more you and me no more they and we just unity just unity
Where there's no more you and me no more they and we just unity yeah yeah just unity yeah yeah just unity yeah yeah just unity yeah yeah

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:52 am