'To The Moon' in June.....

The place for official Burning Man regional group news and events.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:51 am

To all my e-playa and Burner friends that I usually visit with at BM each year, I will not be attending the event on the playa next year.

Instead, I will be attending the BM regional event 'To The Moon' (TTM) located in Tennessee in June.

For an ol' 74 year old, the logistics, associated expenses and physical mechanics of getting myself from Mississippi to the event had become more of an 'drudge' than a 'happy'.

With TTM being only a leisurely 8 hr. drive, I will be able to extend my active participation for a few years more. And, with tickets to TTM being only $77.77, the Social Security checkbook will be much happier.

As my usual drill; I will be gifting hand-made BM related pendants and I have already scheduled myself for several volunteer shifts at the TTM Volunteer tent.

Nothing is forever. Be seeing you in the 'green' dust.

Meat Hunter

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: 'To The Moon' in June.....

Post by burner von braun » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Sorry you won't be able to make it out to the desert Meat Hunter, but glad you're still burning.

Cheers!

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 am

burner von braun.

Thanks for the water truck salute and remembering all the sweat and blood that I left in the dust on the runways at Point 5.

It was a good run that I knew would some day come to an end.

Hope to see you again one day in the 'green dust' of Tennessee.

-- Meat Hunter

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:00 am

Always been a pleasure, Meathunter!
you've done a stellar job at airport, and I'm sure they'll miss you greatly.
I hope TTM is great, I know it'll be a little better than before, with you there.
Best of luck!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:37 am

Odin,

One of my fondest memories was tracking you down each year to personally deliver to you your supply of the BM Teriyaki and Brown Sugar Venison Jerky.

Those were the only times that I ever made jerky with that combination of flavors - not too mild and not too spicy -- And, no one died.......

I do not know when, but do not be surprised if a supply were to show up on your doorstep one day.

Since I am unable to hunt anymore, I am dependent on my young friends dropping off their surplus deer.

-- Meat Hunter

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:44 am

My friend. It makes me sad to hear you're not coming. I understand. I'm also going to a local event this year. You will be a star shining on the moon. You'll need to show and tell afterwards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:08 am

Miss Ratty -- my friend,

How can I ever forget all the fancy duds that you spent so many loving hours sewing up for me?

I do not know how many times that Burners came up to me and told me how good I looked and how I wore a different coordinated outfit every day.

Since I will be gifting grilled Rib Eye steaks to a number of surprised new Burners friends at TTM this year, I will finally have an occasion to wear my white Tuxedo with the lavender silk shawl collar and stripes down the legs or your pink pirate cross bone bunny shorts. (Even if they are from Mississippi - Real Men can wear Pink)

Another fond "Ratty' memory was the day that I brought an Super X-cold bottle of French Champagne over to your camp with the intent of sitting and sharing the bottle with you.

Since you were out volunteering at either as a Greeter or with Census, your camp mate and I decided to give you a proper toast and drink the whole bottle in your memory..... :-)

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Meathunter you are a class act. thank you for the Black Rock swag. It's my new favorite. Extra points if you can identify the lime green object in the upper left hand corner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Miss Ratty,

You got me on that one. I can see something that is Lime Green. But, I have no idea what it is.

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:06 am

Miss Ratty,

That black rock pendant made from a Black Rock Desert rock looks great on you. Glad that you like it.

What is the 'Green Thing"?

Return to “Regional Network”