Dropping by to say hi from Blighty.

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Lady Coco
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Black Rock Wine Cellar (hopefully!)

Dropping by to say hi from Blighty.

Post by Lady Coco » Tue May 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello fellow burners.
My other half and I are travelling over from the UK for our first burn this year. We’re planning the trip, have sent in a village application to the French Quarter and touched base with the camp we hope to join there. Our RV is booked, flights booked and I’m now reading everything I can get my eyes on with regards to packing lists, survival guides etc etc! Just wanted to introduce myself. Hope to meet lots of you in August :-D

Wigwam
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Wanderers

Re: Dropping by to say hi from Blighty.

Post by Wigwam » Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Welcome! Try to stop by The Wanderer's Camp...we're usually at about 3:30 and D or so...we serve hot dogs and Gin & Tonic every day between 4ish and 6ish.
The truth is more important than the facts.
I'm not an actor, but I've played one on TV.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Lady Coco

Post by Lady Coco » Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks both :-) If anyone has any must bring items or top tips we would love to hear about it. I’m going through a couple of very comprehensive packing list found through this site but it’s always good to have several points of input!!

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Welcome, Lady Coco!

I will give you 5 random tips :)

* Everyone in your party should have their own pair of work gloves. (Mine are leather; they are very sentimental at this point). Put them on before any work at all. "I'm just going to pound this stake" often becomes "I just pounded 10 stakes and the dust has eaten my hands").

* Bring strings of battery operated lights, or pet lights, or clip lights, to attach to your front and back (and your bicycle) in the dark. Throw some into your Bag of Wandering. You're guaranteed to find yourself out after dark by accident at least once, and don't want to be mowed down by an art car or bicyclist.

* Skip baby wipe boxes, and go for the soft-sided wipe containers with snap shut lid. Boxed wipes dry out faster and don't reconstitute so well. Note: never stick these down the potty, bring a ziploc bag with you (in a biffy bag; i.e., a handy little bag of bathroom supplies).

* Bring your own first aid kit. Yes, there are emergency services, but it's nice to have one anyway.
viewtopic.php?f=277&t=81908

* Three pairs of shoes are helpful. (Break them in first.) A good assortment might be Boots, sneakers, and slip-ons for around camp.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Lady Coco

Post by Lady Coco » Fri May 11, 2018 10:05 am

Thank you so much! That’s really useful info, some things we would’nt have though about.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon May 14, 2018 6:24 am

Welcome Aboard!

I like a nice big shade hat, something not too heavy. Don't forget basic lip balm with sunscreen in it, I like Nivea brand.

Lady Coco

Post by Lady Coco » Mon May 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks AntiM, a big hat is top of my list, my scalp burns like crazy otherwise! Plus, no one wants sunstroke. Good thought on sunscreen lip balm, I hadn’t thought beyond regular stuff. Thank you :-)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”