Alien Buffalo Tent - Help

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.
sfriis
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Preservation Society

Alien Buffalo Tent - Help

Post by sfriis » Sun May 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Dear Burners,

Need your advice/help. Bought an Alien Buffalo Tent but website has been down for 1 month and need to know if anyone knows how to get in contact with the manufacturer/seller and if you have used one in the past and give some feedback/best practises if a shading structure is needed?

Truly hope I can get some help from you all and look forward to see you on the playa

Cheers,
Sandra

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Alien Buffalo Tent - Help

Post by Popeye » Sun May 06, 2018 1:58 pm

There have been questions like this over on Frdditt too. No one seems to be able to find them.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 pm

My curiosity and insomnia forced me to sleuth around the 'net.
Fact is the company did file a SI (Statement of Information) in November 2017 (I can't find that document)

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/C3874647

but most interesting was finding the owners name, Barrett Lyon, a big Silicon Valley guy with hands in a lot of tech stuff, recently famous as he sued Tesla and won. Previously, he sued another car company, Li-Ion, which won an X-games contest and Barrettt bought one of their cars that didn't work. He has a Wikipedia page. He also made a company that he sold for between $50-100million.

My totally non-fact based speculation is that he went to BM, thought about an ideal tent, made a Delaware LLC, spent big bucks in Roseville with state of the art everything to pump out enough tents for a Plug and Play camp, and then he abandoned the idea recently.
alien tent 1.JPG
alien tent 2.JPG
alien tent 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun May 06, 2018 9:40 pm

You can see his FB page and contact him

https://www.facebook.com/barrettlyon
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Building Camps & Villages”