Hey all!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
thenewkid
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Not yet!

Hey all!

Postby thenewkid » Sun May 06, 2018 4:28 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I planned on getting involved earlier this year but wasn't able too due to LIFE... Anywho, I hope it's not too late to participate in the 2018 event.

A little about myself, I'm a 26 yo male from the Kansas City area. This will be my FIRST year to burning man, but I'm familiar with the burner society and it's rules. Originally, I made a vow to go this year with a good friend of mine. but I'm not sure if he can find the means to go this year :( I feel like the main reason I'm posting this, is because neither of us know the best way to make it to burning man. I'm aware of local groups but haven't taken the time to network yet.. I also feel awkward trying to branch out to new people so I guess I just need to meet a few of you here first :p

Thanks in advance for everyone who takes the time to read these! You guys rock

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Hey all!

Postby Elderberry » Sun May 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Hey all!

Postby Savannah » Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Welcome! :D

If you have a reliable vehicle and like driving, it's better than flying. You can buy all your stuff ahead of time, pack it painstakingly and be on your own schedule.

I'm glad you know about your local groups; just take the plunge and go to their events & casual meetups. Most Burners are pretty kind. Meeting other Burners and carpooling with them was how I got there the first time.
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “The Greeter's Station”