Over | Grown Fundraiser: The Iron Monkeys need your help!

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
Redux
Burning Since: 2009

Over | Grown Fundraiser: The Iron Monkeys need your help!

Post by Redux » Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 am

Hello all,

I've been lucky enough to be part of the Iron Monkeys (Seattle) for the past few years. Each year I'm regularly blown away by how much hard work everyone puts towards the project, whether in the Blacksmith Shop, out on Playa during set up and take down, and during the week of the event. However, without the generous donations from the community we would really struggle to see things come together.

For 2018 we have a fabulous project planned called Over | Grown - a large birdcage, lying on its side, decorated with twisting metal vines. The door to the cage is open, so participants are welcome to walk in and and around, and make use of a large swing in the centre. We're also hoping to have the usual fire elements where passers-by can pause, warm up and meet other folk.

However, even though our budget isn't huge, we've been struggling so far to raise the requisite funds for materials, fuel, etc... We've had some amazing and generous benefactors donate already, but we are still hoping to hit our target before the fundraiser ends on the 20th of this month (May).

We also have some fun and useful items among our reward offerings, including pendants, patches, t-shirts and camping cups...so if you'd like to get hold of some unique gifts while enabling Big Fire Art to happen on Playa, then please do consider donating! Every dollar helps and is hugely appreciated.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Over | Grown Fundraiser: The Iron Monkeys need your help!

Post by some seeing eye » Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 pm

This is a great camp. They were vandalized in 2016 and they did not become discouraged.

https://journal.burningman.org/2016/10/ ... n-monkeys/

I do miss the old Black Rock Animal Control though and there cage reminds me of it.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “On-Playa Project Fundraisers”