(Hopefully) Future Burner

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
TomTuesday
Burning Since: 2019

(Hopefully) Future Burner

Postby TomTuesday » Tue May 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello everyone!

Greetings from Canada! I'm a student attending Western University in Ontario (in the process of completing my B.A. in philosophy). I've been aware of burning man for a few years now, and I've finally decided that I would begin doing some concrete preparation in order to attend next year! Part of that preparation includes coming onto this forum and hopefully learning as much as I can about life on the playa and burner society in general, and perhaps learn a little bit about the different camps in advance of next year.

Though I've done most of the suggested reading and then some, I'd more than appreciate any wisdom offered in advance of my first burn. I'm also very interested in learning about the different ways to contribute! Any resource direction would definitely be well-heeded.

I suppose I should also add that I may try and register for the OMG Sale this year as well (depending on some personal financial scrutinizing), so any comments regarding that, in particular, would be appreciated :)

Sham

Re: (Hopefully) Future Burner

Postby Sham » Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 am

TomTuesday wrote:Hello everyone!

Greetings from Canada! I'm a student attending Western University in Ontario (in the process of completing my B.A. in philosophy). I've been aware of burning man for a few years now, and I've finally decided that I would begin doing some concrete preparation in order to attend next year! Part of that preparation includes coming onto this forum and hopefully learning as much as I can about life on the playa and burner society in general, and perhaps learn a little bit about the different camps in advance of next year.

Though I've done most of the suggested reading and then some, I'd more than appreciate any wisdom offered in advance of my first burn. I'm also very interested in learning about the different ways to contribute! Any resource direction would definitely be well-heeded.

I suppose I should also add that I may try and register for the OMG Sale this year as well (depending on some personal financial scrutinizing), so any comments regarding that, in particular, would be appreciated :)

Welcome TT. There is quite a bit of information right here on eplaya. In my signature below, you'll find links to First Timer's Guide and the Survival Guide. You might also consider joining you local burner group. At this point, it would be your best best for getting a ticket for 2018.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 am

Welcome Aboard!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”