Looking for 2 and a Vehicle Pass

Looking for tickets/vehicle passes? Post about it here.
Dsm253
Burning Since: 2017

Looking for 2 and a Vehicle Pass

Post by Dsm253 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:43 am

Throwing my hat in the ring. Have struck out everywhere else so far, but still need tickets for me and my girlfriend. Located in Kansas City, so we don't really have the 'local community' to try and reach out to.

Thanks!

CrispyDave
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Galaxia Temple

Re: Looking for 2 and a Vehicle Pass

Post by CrispyDave » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:21 pm

I personally know at least 6 other fulltime burners in KC...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 am

Actually, it looks like a fairly large local burner community. Look here:
https://regionals.burningman.org/region ... nsas-city/
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Dsm253

Post by Dsm253 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:27 pm

CrispyDave wrote:I personally know at least 6 other fulltime burners in KC...
That’s awesome, I’d love to meet up with y’all sometime, or get any sort of information on local events/meet-ups you guys participate in! Where in the metro are you located?

We spent one day going from camp to camp trying to find anyone from KC. Starting by meeting a guy from Minnesota who thought he knew someone from KC in a certain camp (can’t remember the camp name, and didn’t track them down anyway) and so on for as long as people had possible leads for local people. Meet some people from StL, Omaha, and Topeka, but that was as close as we got. Enjoyed the ‘friendgasm’ party we ended up at though!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 pm

DSM welcome. Look on the right of your screen. It tells you where the poster lives. You need to reach out to your locals. Go to meetings. Help with their art projects. Being neighborly and helpful is the best way to score tickets.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Dsm253

Post by Dsm253 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:47 pm

TT120 wrote:Actually, it looks like a fairly large local burner community. Look here:
https://regionals.burningman.org/region ... nsas-city/
Yeah, unfortunately haven’t been able to get much from that. The most recent post on the Midwest burners forum is mine, from over 8 months ago. I also filled out a volunteer form and sent an email to someone in relation to Interfuse (can’t make the regional, but the ‘planning party’ was four blocks from my apartment) as well a year or two ago, but never received any contact. I don’t really want to create a Facebook just to try and track down tickets, but have asked my girlfriend to see how much more active those pages are.

Thanks though!

Dsm253

Post by Dsm253 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Ratty wrote:DSM welcome. Look on the right of your screen. It tells you where the poster lives. You need to reach out to your locals. Go to meetings. Help with their art projects. Being neighborly and helpful is the best way to score tickets.
Must be something you have to be on a desktop to see, but I’ll mess around with it and see if I can find a way to get t to display on mobile to find others from KC to reach out to. Going to meetings and helping art projects is what I’d love to do if I ran into any of it here. Thanks!

Return to “Tickets/Passes Wanted”