Ticket... Gamble?!

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Coco Jumbo
Burning Since: 2018

Ticket... Gamble?!

Post by Coco Jumbo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am

Dear friends,

I would like to ask you experienced burners for a piece of advice. Me and my friend (we are both from Poland) would love to attend and be a productive part of the Burning Man event this year. As an inexperienced burner I failed to get a ticket through the main sale. Of course I didn't realize how quick the tickets go. So now, we got two options: OMG sale or $1200 tickets. The expensive ones would ruin us financially, but we are really desperate to attend the event because that opportunity might never happen again for us. So we were thinking to wait for OMG sale, but we are afraid that if we still don't get them then the $1200 tickets might be gone by then as well. It's kind of like gambling in a way. Which brings me to the big question: Does any of you fellow burners know how it was previous years? Were the expensive tickets still there after OMG sale? Please let me know what you think.

Thank you in advance,

Art and Bart. :D :D

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Ticket... Gamble?!

Post by lucky420 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Maybe instead of this year, you save a bit more and come next year?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

pedroescobar
Burning Since: 2017

Post by pedroescobar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Tickets always become available... While it can be scary to plan for the event (especially with travel), there will be a lot more tickets that pop up over the coming weeks/months. This includes main sale tickets. As the saying goes, "The playa provides"....

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Really, if the difference between the $400 tickets and $1200 tickets will ruin you financially, coming to Burning Man from overseas is a terrible idea anyway.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Oussie
Burning Since: 2010

Post by Oussie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Considering you are travelling all the way, its better to wait for next year plan ahead with tickets so avoid the hassle

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:15 am

Echo to the wait comments. However, if circumstances may change that make you unable to attend in future years, just plan to go. Tickets always pop up in the waning months/weeks before the event for well below $1,200. People sell them at a loss every year. If you want to go, plan to go. You will almost certainly be able to get tickets for under $1,200.... but like the Captain said, if it's going to ruin you financially, maybe it's a terrible idea? Burning Man is awesome but not awesome enough to cripple yourself financially.

bdman
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Intergalactic Sasquatch Village

Post by bdman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Here is my advice since you are planning to come from Poland.. Buy the $1200 ticket. While there is a good chance you may score face value tickets a few weeks before the event, the logistics for international travelers is far too complex to wait until the last minute for the tickets and then making all your arrangements. And unless you have reliable friends in the USA who can pick up these last minute tickets for you, just getting your hands on those tickets will be very difficult for you. All the best!

Coco Jumbo
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Coco Jumbo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks everybody for the valuable responses!! I guess I exaggerated a bit with this financial situation. The thing is we can definitely feel the difference between 1200 and 450. And we are kind of desperate to get those tickets because Burning man was the part of the bigger plan. First we were planning to hike Grand Canyon rim to rim, then hike through Paria Canyon and finally go to the Burning Man, we have been preparing for it for months, we just didn't expect the main sale tickets go so quick... :roll:

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Oh heck, if it won’t hurt much, buy them

BUY THEM
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”