Access to this year’s font and other art related to I, Robot?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
lagniappeDC
Burning Since: 2018

Access to this year’s font and other art related to I, Robot?

Post by lagniappeDC » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am

I have an idea that I’d like to design and have printed to gift on the Playa this year (all within the permissions outline on the BORG’s website). Does anyone know if there are places to access fonts and other artwork related to I, Robot to use or should I just do my best to mimic?

On a similar note, if there are any graphic designers interested, please message me. I can do the design, but translating it into a printer file I could probably use a little help on. It’s a small project and likely only an hour or two of time. I’d, of course, make sure you received some of the finished products to gift out yourself.
Wife and I will be 'Burgins' in 2018! Excited to delve in and learn all we can in the meantime. If you are local to Washington, DC or passing through, please say hello

Sham

Re: Access to this year’s font and other art related to I, Robot?

Post by Sham » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 am

lagniappeDC wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am
I have an idea that I’d like to design and have printed to gift on the Playa this year (all within the permissions outline on the BORG’s website). Does anyone know if there are places to access fonts and other artwork related to I, Robot to use or should I just do my best to mimic?

On a similar note, if there are any graphic designers interested, please message me. I can do the design, but translating it into a printer file I could probably use a little help on. It’s a small project and likely only an hour or two of time. I’d, of course, make sure you received some of the finished products to gift out yourself.
It's sounds like you have a great idea for a playa gift lagniappeDC. As far as the font, you may want to poke around and see if you can find something similar and robotish. It's very possible that the org used a stock font, but you never really know what they have up their sleeves.

As far as gifts on the playa, I give all first timers that same type of advice. Your biggest gift is your willingness to be open and to help others. Your neighbor may be struggling to get a shade structure up. A passerby may have the chain come loose on their bike. Share some cold drinks and snacks with people nearby. As far as a hard give-a-way gift, it may take a year attending to fully appreciate what others may like. Of course, passing out gifts is not mandatory, required or even expected. It's just a kind gesture and a nice ice breaker.

Good luck with your project and we'll see you in the dust in just a few short months.

Return to “Building & Making Art”