Satellite shuttle to/from BXB depot

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
rachright

Satellite shuttle to/from BXB depot

Post by rachright » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 am

Hiya - catching the bus back to Reno this year, and leaving quite early on Sunday morning and need to jump on the satellite shuttle with our gear to get to the depot. The email states to wait at the bus stop 2 hours before your scheduled bus departure (which would be 6am for the 8am bus...) and I'm wondering if anyone out there has caught it before and knows if this is reasonable or whether we can catch one a bit later. Or how frequently the satellite shuttles run back to the depot at 615 and I? Thanks in advance

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Satellite shuttle to/from BXB depot

Post by Popeye » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 am

6AM shuttle is reasonable for an 8AM departure. They won't hit your stop at 6AM, more likely to start the route at 6AM and then you have to stay on the shuttle until it finishes the route. When you get to the bxb depot you still have to check in, tag your bags, go through the trash line and carry your bags over to the bus. You will be doing this along with lots of others.
The good news is that after you get on the bus you can go back to sleep.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

rachright

Post by rachright » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 am

:)
Last edited by rachright on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

rachright

Post by rachright » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:06 am

Popeye wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 am
6AM shuttle is reasonable for an 8AM departure. They won't hit your stop at 6AM, more likely to start the route at 6AM and then you have to stay on the shuttle until it finishes the route. When you get to the bxb depot you still have to check in, tag your bags, go through the trash line and carry your bags over to the bus. You will be doing this along with lots of others.
The good news is that after you get on the bus you can go back to sleep.
Thanks :) I thought I might be being overly optimistic about getting on a later shuttle but never hurts to ask. Burn night might have to be wrapped a teenier bit earlier this year than previously

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”