Lift back to SF on Monday 03/09

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
DakinamO
Burning Since: 2018

Lift back to SF on Monday 03/09

Post by DakinamO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:59 am

Hi lovely bruners,

I'm Dakinamo a virgin bruner coming there with a friend for whose it's the second one. We're coming from the UK and I was wondering if we could jump in anybody's car / van on Monday the 3d of September to go to San Fran?
We'll contribute of course to the oil and costs. We just wanted a slightly cheaper way to get back to SF and the opportunity to stay a little bit longer as our flight back is only on Tuesday.

We're both meditation "canals" and will say (mentally) lots of mantras on the road :) We're staying at the AV camp so will be quite sober even on the Monday :)

Thanks a bunch by advance! Lots of love and peace,

Dakinamo
"Since all the happiness and suffering of this life arise from previous actions, do not blame others." Atisha, (982-1054)

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Lift back to SF on Monday 03/09

Post by Ratty » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:59 am

Hi and welcome to eplaya. I don't have space for you but maybe you should tell these folks how much baggage you will have with you. Trash, bikes, bins, tents etc...
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Canoe

Re: Lift back to SF on Monday 03/09

Post by Canoe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:14 am

(Hopefully a mod will move your thread over to Rideshares & Resource Sharing.)

As in, Tuesday the next day, not the week later?
Depending on the time of your flight, you could make it.
Or not.
Holiday weekend, busiest traffic day going, both for leaving BRC and getting to/through Reno, but in getting back to California. So many things that can delay (or prevent) getting off the playa, or in getting down the roads to Reno, then it's congestion, accidents and spilled loads causing delays getting to and through California.
Then you need to be clean enough (playa dust) for the airline to let you on.
The consensus for those taking a flight out of Reno, is if you have to catch that flight, you'd better leave BRC the day before and overnight in Reno before your flight. Google eplaya for examples.

So once in BRC, you'd better keep an eye on the weather (rain can close exiting the playa, or wash out roads), to see if you gamble on leaving on (Saturday?) Sunday or Monday.

See viewtopic.php?f=524&t=87993
and viewtopic.php?f=286&t=87602
Do google eplaya for others.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”