Representing India!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
JMS
Burning Since: 2018

Representing India!

Post by JMS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey...
Virgin burner from India.. coming to BM solo... India doesnt have a regional network, although I recently got an email that a new regional has been setup but its not very active as of now...
if there are any other burners from India, would be good to connect...
Looking to join a camp and contribute and be a part in every way possible...very open minded and dont say no to anything... any recommendations..?
Have already signed up for shifts with Temple Guardians and Everywhere camp..and want to volunteer at more places, art cars, camps and wherever needed...
I'm excited and a little scared... would like to be well planned and prepared but I guess you never can be any of those for the playa.... Ive read theres no wrong way to do it...
:)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Representing India!

Post by Elderberry » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

forrest Gump

Post by forrest Gump » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 am

Hi JMS

A word of caution, do not over commit your first burn, the playa is harsh and many virgin burners end up in the infirmary due to exhaustion. Here's what you are getting into; the days can be over 100 deg. The nights can be below 30 deg. The soil is alkaline dust the consistency of flour. I have been in wind storms clocked at 70 mph, you will be 4000 feet above sea level and prone to altitude sickness, you will be over stimulated and experiencing a shift in reality, the black rock desert is considered only second to death valley as the most inhospitable environment in the U.S. ....and it will be the best time you ever had. You are going to want a lot of time to see and do everything. There will be lots of opportunities to volunteer and contribute. I have been doing burning man for several years and I am passing down advice that I was given my first burn. The only wrong way to do a burn is causing harm to yourself or someone else.

Peace
Dr. Baron von Realz, Esq.
)'(
“Let’s make some magic”
- Dr.Baron von Realz Esq.

singh3m
Camp Name: desi

Post by singh3m » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi JMS,

It's my first burn as well. I am based in UAE.
Would love to connect and make some plan to fly our tricolor high in Playa dust. What say?
One person’s #LOL is another’s #WTF.

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Welcome, JMS! :D

You have already volunteered plenty, forrest gump is quite correct when he urges you not to overcommit. I have seen sooo many virgins with heat exhaustion. Even practiced Burners sometimes get dehydrated or exhausted. You can't volunteer or have fun if you're working yourself to death. Pace yourself!

Feel free to read yourself silly, and ask specific questions in the subforums. :)
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “The Greeter's Station”