Virgin burner from Holland

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Merel
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Pathogen trackers

Virgin burner from Holland

Post by Merel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:37 am

Hello everyone I am counting down for my first burner experience. Every year we visit a city in Europe with another couple and this time we decided to visit Burning Man community. I must say that the way to burning man, with reading blogs, guides, collecting stuff is already a great experience.
We fly from Amsterdam to Reno and then we take the Burnerexpress Bus... question do people dress up if they take the buss to daily life or do you dress up if you take the bus to Burning Man :wink:
Have a good trip and see you on the playa 🍀

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Virgin burner from Holland

Post by Savannah » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Welcome, Merel! :D

The photos I've seen on the Burner Express so far have suggested that people are mostly dressed just for travel, but may be wearing a festive hat or coat so they don't have to pack it.

No doubt the Burner Express is air-conditioned; that's another good reason to have a layer to wear.

And finally, you may be leaving the bus temporarily to shop or whathaveyou (if you are on a route with food stops) so it's best to wear something you are comfortable in, and that is street legal. :)
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:15 pm

As with any travel you carry your bulky coat and hat. I'm afraid it's very warm in those B X buses. I've seen people hot and anxious to get out. Do people dress up to take the bus in daily life? Certainly not by european standards. Wear anything you like. Shorts and a t-shirt or a formal dress. You are going to BM. Reno won't bat an eye at anything. The streets and stores are full of weirdly dressed strangers. Enjoy yourself.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”