50 Available Camp Spots with Entheos - 3:45 & Esplanade

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
drayloo
Burning Since: 2017

Calling DJs! Camp Entheos has spots to fill!

Post by drayloo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:18 am

Entheos: The Love Camp has been moved up to Esplanade this year and will have multiple sets for DJs to perform. If you’re looking to showcase your talent at this year’s burn, please reply to this message and I can send over a schedule of open times.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: 50 Available Camp Spots with Entheos - 3:45 & Esplanade

Post by trilobyte » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Time to step back and take a few deep breaths. If you do not care for what a camp is planning, then don't join or visit that camp. It is not okay to attack the camp or its campmates. All camps (both placed and unplaced) are welcome to post on ePlaya. If you feel a camp is posting something that is inappropriate for the site or for the event, then the appropriate action is to report the post via the exclamation mark icon (and then provide specific detail in the form). It is also inappropriate to post fundraisers in this section of the site - please see this post for our fundraiser guidelines. I will be pruning posts from this thread, let's please keep things civil moving forward.

DerbyDave 18
Burning Since: 2015

Re: 50 Available Camp Spots with Entheos - 3:45 & Esplanade

Post by DerbyDave 18 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm not sure what's getting lost in translation here and I'm not trying to get into a forum post war, I'll try to be as clear as I possibly can. If you have any questions, please feel free to Private message me like many others have.

• We at Entheos have 50 available spots for people to apply to join our community. Maybe we'll fill all 50, maybe we'll only fill 15. Not everyone that applies will be allowed to join our camp.
  • Each of these applicants goes through a 1-hour interview to make sure they are specifically NOT looking for a plug and play... this implies that you pay your dues, show up and don't have to lift a finger.
  • That is NOT the case with Entheos camp. Each member of our camp is involved in some aspect of planning and creating, from the infrastructure to meals to everything else I've already gone over. No one gets a free ride and no one can pay for that ride. Camp dues go towards anything and everything we have to spend money on to build our home out there for a few weeks.
  • Those who are not camp members are welcome to join us at any point they wish.
We began the process to fill these spots through current camp members, friends and family and thought we'd open it up to the ePlaya community in case there were others who still had not found a camp or home on the Playa. While everyone on ePlaya might be strangers, we all share a common bond in wanting to be out there on the Playa together for a week... in that sense we're all family.

Captain Goddammit, It seems like you've been a few times. This is my first time and I dove in head first to support my camp by raising money, helping with logistics, planning entertainment and coordinating various details. I can't call myself one just yet, but I think a real Burner would understand that every camp has it's own vibe and values which all directly support and revolve around the core values of the Burning Man organization and family.

All that being said, you're more than welcome to come check things out for yourself in a few weeks. We'd love to have you and you'll see for yourself that we are far from plug and play.
[/quote]

That all sounds great but your camp fee is ridiculous.

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”