What it's all about

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ZeugmaMethod
Burning Since: 2016

What it's all about

Post by ZeugmaMethod » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:41 am

Most Burners dont know this but for the past three years I have carved portraits with a chainsaw on playa in a sawdust containment cage so I don't create moop. In all my events I can claim more than 300 portraits and as many as 400..All my wood is sourced from trees taken down by residential tree services.
This year a burner sat for her image as an emotional pick-me-up as she had lost 8 friends this year. The carving portion takes about 17minutes. The longer she sat, the more she thought about those friends the sadder she became and the sadder her portrait became. After I finished we discussed this and concluded I had captured her loss for her friends. I suggested she place this captured loss to the temple to release it. This was the most emotional portrait I've ever participated in and a deeply touching moment to share.
The image above is not the person in question.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sham

Re: What it's all about

Post by Sham » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am

I love your post. So many great things like this happen on the playa, and many of them are unintended. This is awesome and you have every right to feel great about what you did for this person.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

superpickle
Burning Since: 2019

Post by superpickle » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:57 pm

How very very cool.. thanks for posting this.. :wink:

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:13 pm

ZeugmaMethod wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:41 am
Most Burners dont know this but for the past three years I have carved portraits with a chainsaw on playa in a sawdust containment cage so I don't create moop. In all my events I can claim more than 300 portraits and as many as 400..All my wood is sourced from trees taken down by residential tree services.
This year a burner sat for her image as an emotional pick-me-up as she had lost 8 friends this year. The carving portion takes about 17minutes. The longer she sat, the more she thought about those friends the sadder she became and the sadder her portrait became. After I finished we discussed this and concluded I had captured her loss for her friends. I suggested she place this captured loss to the temple to release it. This was the most emotional portrait I've ever participated in and a deeply touching moment to share.
The image above is not the person in question.
That's an amazing and original contribution. I love it.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 am

Thanks for being you ZeugmaMethod!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”