LOST: Chips The (little brown) Beaver and Matt The (howling) Wulf Puppy plushies

Lost something on the playa? Tell us about it here.
BrotherNomad
Burning Since: 2014

LOST: Chips The (little brown) Beaver and Matt The (howling) Wulf Puppy plushies

Post by BrotherNomad » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:40 am

Please help reunite the wulf pack! I lost two loved ones on Saturday and Sunday, who are stuffed animals but real to me at heart. Both pups have visible tags with their name, my defaultia home address & my defaultia phone number.

I took them out to watch the man burn with me, and I set Matt the Wulf Puppy on the roof of a UTV possibly belonging to Mobility Works. I wanted to give all the pups clear view of the namesake so I propped another pup ontop of Matt, as the UTV canopy had gentle valleys on either side.

The group returned to the vehicle and I grabbed all the pups as quick as I can, not even having time to check to see if I grabbed them all, and they drive off with Matt the Wulf Puppy on the canopy.

I took the pups to the temple burn the next day, and they watch the energy release unfold. The perimeter opens and I circle the fire, with Chips and another pup in my bicycle hemlet and the big 3 in my arm. Ive carried the little pups in the helmet multiple times Earlier in the week, so thought little risk about it. I check the helmet serving as their open-top carrier 45 seconds after the last check and Chips is gone!

I go into search mode and call out “has anyone seen a little brown beaver” which you may have heard if you were at the temple post-perimeter on its burn night. I spend 45 minutes defaultia time walking around the embers with a bright diffuse worklight, looking for Chips the Beaver. I ask a ranger to bulletin for Chips and make plans to visit Lost and Found next day.

I really hope nobody put Matt in the temple to burn after finding him on saturday night, or threw chips into the fire post-perimeter.

Matt is a baby grey & white husky pup under 7” tall, always in his howling position. Matt the Wulf Puppy has his tag banded on his left front leg, with his name “MATT THE WULF PUPPY” and my defaultia home address, and my defaultia phone number.

Chips is a happy brown beaver about 6 inches tall, wearing a red scarf that has his name tag attached on the back of his neck. Like Matt TWP, his name tag in in the same format. He has felt skin, a flat beaver tail, and beans in the lower half.

I have HD pictures of these unique pups which i will send to anyone who asks, along with a portrait of the wulf pack which I ask you to help reunite.

Nothing at Lost and Found, which I just checked before posting. And I have yet to have anyone call or text me about the pups which isn’t good.

These pups are love ones, If you found one dismembered, covered in shit, run over by an art car, a remote resemblence from being burnt etc, I unconditionally love them. Please share your sightings, and anything that helps.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: LOST: Chips The (little brown) Beaver and Matt The (howling) Wulf Puppy plushies

Post by Ratty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:27 am

I go into search mode and call out “has anyone seen a little brown beaver” which you may have heard if you were at the temple post-perimeter on its burn night.
Are these Beanie Babies?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

BrotherNomad

Re: LOST: Chips The (little brown) Beaver and Matt The (howling) Wulf Puppy plushies

Post by BrotherNomad » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:17 pm

CC270CF4-EF0E-40A8-B868-94B5A180BDED.jpeg
Chips The Beaver
E192E5EA-044F-41AE-8681-0BB831B21012.jpeg
062EF370-0DA8-44F6-8883-72251EFF20EC.jpeg
Reunite the Wulf Pack

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:05 pm

I think there was actually a teddy bear inside of that wolf.
Attachments
amtrak a thon 043.JPG
amtrak a thon 043.JPG (143.99 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
amtrak a thon 042.JPG
amtrak a thon 042.JPG (150.6 KiB) Viewed 1872 times

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

BrotherNomad

Post by BrotherNomad » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Ratty, one of the pups was birthed in Frankenaninals Class of 2014. I see you have a frankenanimal.

are you the one putting on frankenanimals?

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 pm

I made them for the amtrakathon that year. (2016). They were fun to make.

Arthur Schopenhauer

BrotherNomad

Post by BrotherNomad » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:25 am

I really miss Matt and Chips...

BrotherNomad

Post by BrotherNomad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Matt the Wulf Puppy and Chips the Beaver are still missing with no trace.

I wanted to get them homing devices & chirp transmitters but Money was tight.

I sometimes imagine Matt howling near the hot spring, or Matt and Chips taken in by one of the desert hermits or boondockers around the black rock desert. Or in safe care of a burner until next years burn where he or she will call me (I attached a label with my name, my phone number and home address on each of the pups)

Did anybody see these pups in their camp this year?

BrotherNomad

Post by BrotherNomad » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:10 pm

MISSING_MattTWPflyer1,0.jpg

Return to “2018 Lost On The Playa”