ePlaya board activity

We're doing it wrong...we know
Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" 2019 location TBA

ePlaya board activity

Post by Molotov » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Where are the low points on the bell curve of ePlaya activity? I would imagine activity spikes way up in the weeks approaching, during, and immediately after the event, and gradually slows to a crawl in the gloomy winter months when visions of sugar plums are dancing in burner heads instead of playa dust.

Of course, there may be random activity spikes caused by commentary on unusual events outside of the normal routine.

Sham

Re: ePlaya board activity

Post by Sham » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Once ticket sales are announced, activity starts to spike. On the day of the first sale, things are through the roof. :shock:
Usually two months after the burn, the lost and found lights up with people who lost family heirlooms in the dust.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:18 pm

You should see this place during the burn when all the mods are gone. The spam level is insane!

Right now is probably the slowest time but sometimes an early researcher will post something interesting.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:10 pm

If you enable filters that exclude tickets, L&F, Fundraising etc in the preferences ...

It gets real busy with folks looking for a camp ~ July and holds steady with all kinds of nonsense through gate.

It’s real nice during the burn.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:16 pm

interesting how it's changed. back when I joined, and the first years here, it was fairly busy even in the off season. Mostly "The Bar" (some fun stuff there, I think it may be in the archives?), and some specialty threads.
It was sort of a group of 30 or so, that kept it going, but all were IRL, and it seemed to work that way......FB seems to have siphoned a lot of that off.
Some pretty epic fights clashes, love affairs and all in between in the old Bar and "Bar2" threads...
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 am

Next year was better
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”