Hiya! Nervous Aussie newbie, ready for 2019!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Vavabeeb
Burning Since: 2019

Hiya! Nervous Aussie newbie, ready for 2019!

Post by Vavabeeb » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:05 am

Hi there everyone! My name Vivienne, but my friends call me Vava ^_^

I have been in love with the whole idea of burning man and have wanted to go for a good 5-6 years. Money has always been the big barrier, especially as I live in Australia and can’t just take a roadtrip...BUT! I’ve decided I’ve had enough waiting and am going to make it work somehow, whatever way I can to get myself over to enjoy my first burn in 2019!

I thought I would get myself on here to familiarise and interact with the lovely community as much as I can, as they say one of the best ways to manifest things into your life is to speak it into existence! Or “fake it till you make it” haha

Are there any experienced burners who have done the overseas stints and have any tips for me? Or just any lovely burners in general who have some good advice, is very much appreciated :)
Maybe some advice on places to buy or rent camping gear and bikes, car rentals on a budget or even good places to do grocery shopping for the week? I am a sponge that will soak in any information you could give me ^_^
:!: AUSTRALIAN VIRGIN BURNER ALERT :!:

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Hiya! Nervous Aussie newbie, ready for 2019!

Post by Dr. Pyro » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:40 am

Barbie Death Village has several people who have come from Australia over the years. PM me with your email if you'd like their names (and I'll also try to find their email addys) and you can ask them yourself. Good luck!

Chelsea _ Jane
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Chelsea _ Jane » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:16 am

Hey There!

I am also a Virgin Burner from Australia i've been follow burning man for years wishing and dreaming to go an experience this City in all it's dusty glory. This year i've decided i can't wait any longer and i have to be a part of this years!

I'm also trying to gather as much information about cost effective methods to participate with the restrictions of travelling so far!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Grumpy Otter
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp We Just Met/Various Delights

Post by Grumpy Otter » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Welcome! We had a Australian camp with us last year and really enjoyed having him in our camp. He came in by Burner Bus and bought water through them. He arranged for a junker bike that he picked up and returned on Playa. He arranged with us for his food. My take away was it can definitely work to come in on your own, but it is a lot to take on. I hope you will be able to make acquaintances that can share your adventure. It is worth pretty much whatever it takes. (An aside is that about the only positive on the bulk water was it was wet.)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”