Hey there Burners! Virgin Burner from Australia hopefully attending this years burn!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Chelsea _ Jane
Burning Since: 2019

Hey there Burners! Virgin Burner from Australia hopefully attending this years burn!

Post by Chelsea _ Jane » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:39 am

Hey fellow burners, My name is Chelsea :)

I've had been wanting to go to burning man for way too many years now with many things holding me back from attending but this year is my year! I can't wait to meet and get dusty with you lovely burners and throw myself right into the burning man spirit! For many years i've sat and watched the live stream from burning man running around showing friends and family bits and pieces of what burning man has to offer, just wishing i was there!

So this year i intend to make the trip from Australia with my sister and a good friends to participate in the burn. If any veteran burners have any words of wisdom for a virgin burner or any virgin burners (especially those from Australia also) wishing to connect and talk about preparations to make in order to attend burning man from overseas that would be greatly appreciated!

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Hey there Burners! Virgin Burner from Australia hopefully attending this years burn!

Post by Popeye » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi and welcome Chelsea_Jane.
You might want to check out posts by Jovankat from a few years ago. She had a lot to say about coming from Australia. Also searching on here for "Australia", "Down Under" or "flamingos :lol: should turn up some info. An Aussie I met several years ago said they had saved about half the price of their ticket by buying about this time of year, so if you are sure you are going...
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Chelsea _ Jane
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Hey there Burners! Virgin Burner from Australia hopefully attending this years burn!

Post by Chelsea _ Jane » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Thank you very much Popeye i will give those searches a go! I very much intend on going and have already been looking as you do save a fair amount by getting a ticket early

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 am

Chelsea _ Jane wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:23 pm
Thank you very much Popeye i will give those searches a go! I very much intend on going and have already been looking as you do save a fair amount by getting a ticket early
Welcome! Popeye gives good advice in searches. There is a lot of info here, if you dig around!

Popeye wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi and welcome Chelsea_Jane.
You might want to check out posts by Jovankat from a few years ago. She had a lot to say about coming from Australia. Also searching on here for "Australia", "Down Under" or "flamingos :lol: should turn up some info. An Aussie I met several years ago said they had saved about half the price of their ticket by buying about this time of year, so if you are sure you are going...
This confuses me, though, @ Popeye: Are you saying tickets are cheaper now? Did I miss something?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 am

ygmir wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 am
Chelsea _ Jane wrote:
Popeye wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 pm
An Aussie I met several years ago said they had saved about half the price of their ticket by buying about this time of year, so if you are sure you are going...
This confuses me, though, @ Popeye: Are you saying tickets are cheaper now? Did I miss something?
Ygmir: The guy I met said that he bought RT airline tickets from Australia about this time of year and they where so much cheaper than buying airline tickets in, say, July that he broke even on the $1200.00 (or whatever it was) tickets. In other words he bought the expensive BM tickets and the cheap air tickets and it didn't cost any more and he was assured of a BM ticket. This was in 2015 or 2016 and things change, but worth looking in to. I tried the same thing from Ak. but it didn't work.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:26 am

Popeye wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 am
ygmir wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 am
Chelsea _ Jane wrote:

Ygmir: The guy I met said that he bought RT airline tickets from Australia about this time of year and they where so much cheaper than buying airline tickets in, say, July that he broke even on the $1200.00 (or whatever it was) tickets. In other words he bought the expensive BM tickets and the cheap air tickets and it didn't cost any more and he was assured of a BM ticket. This was in 2015 or 2016 and things change, but worth looking in to. I tried the same thing from Ak. but it didn't work.
ah, ok, thanks for the clarification. When you first said "tickets", I thought you were referring to B.M. tickets, and thought I had missed a memo somewhere.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “The Greeter's Station”