Fuck!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Cherrykitty
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Fuk yer burn &dye

Fuck!

Post by Cherrykitty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:23 am

I don't know where to fuckin start. Any help? I'd like to bring a camp I started at regoinals. Fuk yer burn and dye and we would love to gift fuckin shirts to shirtcockers. But I'm a little stuck on the fundraiser part. We would be a camp of 2 ppl looking to join a village or established camp until we can get on our own feet with other members. Are there any teaching camps out there that could fukin groom/hone my skills on what is needed to run a successful camp?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Fuck!

Post by AntiM » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

Moderator note: moved to Greeter's Station as it is a better fit than the Fuck thread in OD.

Welcome. No, there are no "training camps". We do have a fundraising forum, with specific parameters. There's a Dye with Dignity camp, they do silk scarves where people dye their own. Usually they just schedule a couple sessions as it is too expensive and labor intensive to run it all week. You do what you can initially instead of trying to run a huge full scale camp. Little camps are just fine. I keep mine small on purpose.

Cherrykitty

Post by Cherrykitty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

Yes I am aware of their camp. Thank you. :D

Popeye
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm

The Camp Development & Support Team
[https://burningman.org/event/camps/camp ... port-team/] will host a meeting both live in San Francisco and on the web. It was interesting last year and should have a ton of info this year.

Saturday, March 23 - Sunday, March 24 2019
Option 1: In-person in San Francisco at the Hotel Kabuki in Japantown (registration required)
Option 2: Virtually from wherever you are! We are planning to livestream both the plenary and one of the breakout sessions (so all day this time!).

**Registration**

If you want to attend the Symposium in person in San Francisco, you must register on the event page [https://themecampsymposium2019.eventbrite.com]. Registration
opens, Wednesday January 9 at 12pm Noon Pacific Time. There are all weekend, Saturday only, and Sunday only options. You can optionally also register for the virtual livestream.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Cherrykitty

Post by Cherrykitty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Thank you. I have already registered for this year and I did attend via webcast last year. I have only been to BM once so I'm just trying to learn as much as possible so that my 3rd year I can officially register as a camp on my own. 😻

Return to “The Greeter's Station”