Fuck!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Cherrykitty
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Fuk yer burn &dye

Fuck!

Post by Cherrykitty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:23 am

I don't know where to fuckin start. Any help? I'd like to bring a camp I started at regoinals. Fuk yer burn and dye and we would love to gift fuckin shirts to shirtcockers. But I'm a little stuck on the fundraiser part. We would be a camp of 2 ppl looking to join a village or established camp until we can get on our own feet with other members. Are there any teaching camps out there that could fukin groom/hone my skills on what is needed to run a successful camp?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Fuck!

Post by AntiM » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

Moderator note: moved to Greeter's Station as it is a better fit than the Fuck thread in OD.

Welcome. No, there are no "training camps". We do have a fundraising forum, with specific parameters. There's a Dye with Dignity camp, they do silk scarves where people dye their own. Usually they just schedule a couple sessions as it is too expensive and labor intensive to run it all week. You do what you can initially instead of trying to run a huge full scale camp. Little camps are just fine. I keep mine small on purpose.

Cherrykitty

Post by Cherrykitty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

Yes I am aware of their camp. Thank you. :D

Popeye
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm

The Camp Development & Support Team
[https://burningman.org/event/camps/camp ... port-team/] will host a meeting both live in San Francisco and on the web. It was interesting last year and should have a ton of info this year.

Saturday, March 23 - Sunday, March 24 2019
Option 1: In-person in San Francisco at the Hotel Kabuki in Japantown (registration required)
Option 2: Virtually from wherever you are! We are planning to livestream both the plenary and one of the breakout sessions (so all day this time!).

**Registration**

If you want to attend the Symposium in person in San Francisco, you must register on the event page [https://themecampsymposium2019.eventbrite.com]. Registration
opens, Wednesday January 9 at 12pm Noon Pacific Time. There are all weekend, Saturday only, and Sunday only options. You can optionally also register for the virtual livestream.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Cherrykitty

Post by Cherrykitty » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Thank you. I have already registered for this year and I did attend via webcast last year. I have only been to BM once so I'm just trying to learn as much as possible so that my 3rd year I can officially register as a camp on my own. 😻

Return to “The Greeter's Station”