Looking for collaborative space to store/work on mutant vehicle in Bay Area!

This is the place where you can ask for or offer recommendations for event-related goods and services.
strong_foot
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: The Factory

Looking for collaborative space to store/work on mutant vehicle in Bay Area!

Post by strong_foot » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:50 am

Hello, fellow Burners!

I am looking for a place to store and work on a mutant vehicle preferably in East Bay in California. It is a small 1 person meter-maid vehicle (Go-4 Interceptor - see attached for example) which will be turned into a magically Pizza Party Delivery vehicle! It needs a permanent home for when not on playa and I am looking for suggestions and openings at any collaborative spaces or alternative spaces where it can be stored and worked on in the off-season. If anyone has any leads or knows of any places with openings or has a space where they would be willing to host our humble mutant vehicle please please let us know!

Much love ❤️,

Strong Foot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Re: Looking for collaborative space to store/work on mutant vehicle in Bay Area!

Post by Dr Helix » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:17 pm

NIMBY had space from now until September before they have to vacate. And make sure your plan is to completely mask your base vehicle so no one knows what that is. There was a guy who wanted to do an ice cream truck a couple of years ago and got turned down by DMV. When you said "Pizza Party Delivery Truck" I thought of him right away.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Looking for collaborative space to store/work on mutant vehicle in Bay Area!

Post by Ratty » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Strong_foot. Tell us a bit about yourself. (We have a greeter thread if you would like). Work space is getting harder to find. You will get a better response if people feel your openness to let us in. (Your first ever post is a request.) Oh, and, WELCOME to ePlaya. To know you is to love you.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:22 am

Party Pizza Delivery Truck?

Why not use drones like everyone else does for pizza delivery?

;)

Yeah, that’s gonna be a tough sell with the DMV. You should have a plan B that is way more awesome.

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am

Yup. And do you need a Nevada Food License for the truck as well as the camp who cooks it? Hey Strong_Foot, you still here?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Token

Post by Token » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Sorry, gotta do this before page two ...

strong_foot

Post by strong_foot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks Dr. Helix, Ratty, Token!

NIMBY might be perfect for through September. Right now I've got this bad boy registered in San Francisco and has been living on the street. I personally have moved out of SF so that won't work going forward.

I've been doing a bit of laser cutting and have some designs and inspiration for how to cover it. The goal will not be to obviously look like a delivery vehicle but rather that's its purpose. I have a propane powered pizza oven that I would like to mount in the back. Definitely need a Nevada food license in order to serve. We did that last year from our camp and would like to make it portable.

This will be my 4th year burning and this project is part of an inspiration that came between my first and second year.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Happy to share any info!

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am

If you don’t live in SF, why look in SF - the highest-rent place around - for work and storage space?
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

strong_foot

Post by strong_foot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:02 am

Great point. I was previously living in SF and is where the majority of our camps supplies are located as well as the vehicle which we plan to mutantize. Rather than shipping it across the country and back before the burn I was hoping to find a place near to where the vehicle is currently located. I would actually prefer East Bay or surrounding areas but am open to any spaces available in the Bay Area. We may plan to move the vehicle elsewhere after this year's burn if it makes more fiscal sense though.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Moderator note: Moved to recommendations, since that is what you are asking for, rather than being a personal introduction which is what Greeter's is used for.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Try Treasure Island, lots of camps and artists store and work on their stuff out there.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Return to “Recommendations”